Hi, I am Vazgen Manjikian  

I want to know, How can i Transfer Files From Mac Powerbook To External Hard Drive.

Thanks,  Vazgen Manjikian

You want to use the files in windows later on?

If so, and if the Powerbook is working, You would need to format the drive in FAT32 (or install Paragon if You want NTFS) and just transfer them.

10 minutes ago, darkz said:

You want to use the files in windows later on?

If so, and if the Powerbook is working, You would need to format the drive in FAT32 (or install Paragon if You want NTFS) and just transfer them.

I would format the external drive to ExFat. It is cross-compatible and doesn't limit you to 4GB files.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I would format the external drive to ExFat. It is cross-compatible and doesn't limit you to 4GB files.

Oh, right, forgot it exists

• 4 months later...

Hey!

Select the area on your hard crash into which you need to exchange the things. Now browse to the File on your external drive where you need to store the documents or organizers and afterward drag and drop folders and files from your Mac's Finder window into the external hard drive's window.
If in Get Info' section, it says read-only, you need to change it into 'writeable'. Associate the drive, open Disk Utility (in your Applications/Utilities organizer, or scan for it in Spotlight). In the DU window, tap on your drive on the left side, go to the Erase tab, change Format to "Macintosh OS Extended (Journaled)", give it an alternate name in the event that you'd like, and snap Erase. It should then end up writeable. 

Thanks!