What game(s) have the best soundtrack to them?

What games have you played that you just loved the soundtrack to? Mine would have to The Witcher 3 and Ori and the Blind Forest. I have plenty of other games I have played that have a really good soundtrack, but those two are at the top of my list!

• Like 2

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (probably my favorite) 

BioShock Infinite 

Portal

Super Mario Brothers

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon 

(just a couple off my head)

• Like 1

Just now, Jim K said:

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (probably my favorite) 

BioShock Infinite 

Portal

Super Mario Brothers

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon 

(just a couple off my head)

I just got done with Bioshock Infinite, and yeah it was a really good soundtrack!

A somewhat old and little known game called Frozen Synapse has an excellent OST:

Also the sound track from the first Mirrors Edge:

The soundtrack for GTA: Vice City is also pretty good. Back in the day before youtube was really a thing I'd leave the game running just to listen to the various radio stations.

Edited by trag3dy
  • Like 3

Halo 3: ODST

Endless legend

Faster Than Light

Shadow of the Colossus

Shogun 2

Super Mario 64

Kingdom Hearts

Going Old School

Final Fantasy 7 

Panzer Dragoon Saga

2 minutes ago, Xenon said:

Going Old School

Final Fantasy 7 

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Cruisin' USA, Metal Slug and 1945. Oh, and Bust a move

5 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Cruisin' USA, Metal Slug and 1945. Oh, and Bust a move

Forgot

Jet Set Radio

Everybody has gone to the Rapture

I loved it so much I pretty much bought it instantly and listened non stop for months.

Probably Rocket League.

On 01/04/2018 at 3:08 AM, jnelsoninjax said:

The Witcher 3

The haunting strings of "The fields of ard skellig" very atmospheric, perfect for when you are looking out from the mountains at sunset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exotoxic said:

Probably Rocket League.

The haunting strings of "The fields of ard skellig" very atmospheric, perfect for when you are looking out from the mountains at sunset.

Most of the Witcher 3 has a really good soundtrack, the 2 DLC's added even better music!

Here are the game soundtracks I have:

Another one here who got the Frozen Synapse soundtrack because it was awesome.

Offworld Trading Company.

Payday 2.

Pony Island.

The Last of Us.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

Space Engine (not sure if I'd class that as a game, though :laugh:).

Fallout 4.

XCOM 2.

Now they are not all amazing, and some are certainly only for particular situations. But that's what I have (gaming-wise) on my phone at the moment. Strange, I thought I had more...

There are probably more that I can't think of now, but here's what I have:

Halo 3

Guild Wars 1 & 2

Dragon Age series

The Witcher 3

Some of the tracks within Half-Life 2

Bioshock Infinite

Portal 1 and 2

Mass Effect series

Pokemon

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Final Fantasy VII

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 64

• Like 2

The soundtrack for Command & Conquer Red Alert was the first which came to mind.

I'd also say Age of Empires and Half Life.

Most of those I wanted to mention are there already

I'm going to try to add a few...

- The Monkey Island series

- Fable series, some of them keep popping up in my head

- Good ol' theme hospital

- Kirby : Planet Robobot

- Sonic 1 / 2 / 3 / Knuckles / Mania

- Red Alert 2 (I know the 1 is here already but still)

- Super meat boy

- Myst III : Exile

- Sim City 3000

There, they don't all belong together but here you go

• SimCity 4: I may be a little biased - I've been playing this for over a decade -, but I suspect the soundtrack is one of the reasons I like the game so much. Oasis, Street Sweeper, and ElectriCITY  are the highlights, as far as I'm concerned. That said, the entire thing is so varied, yet works so well in the background of a city sim. The OST from SimCity 3000 is also up there, though I haven't played that installment nearly as much as SC4.
  • The Sims: The first and second in the series have the best soundtracks, in my opinion. The orchestral score from the first one especially is very well done. Stuff like Neighborhood 3, Build Mode 3, Buy Mode 4 were some of the strongest. All said and done, the entire 'Complete Collection' for The Sims comes with around 8 hours of music, all of which is awesome. Highly recommended.

I have noticed that some of my favourite Maxis OSTs are from the time frame when Jerry Martin was the audio director (SC3000, SC4, TS1, TS2).  

• Ori and the Blind Forest: The first OST that comes to mind. Light of Nibel - the end credits song -, and The Spirit Tree are among my favourites. 
  • Need for Speed Underground (1 and 2): Not one to listen to rap all that much, but I've always thought these two had the most fitting OSTs for their respective installments. Soundtrack, gameplay, visuals, was all on point. Still play them from time to time. 
  • Cuphead: beyond the fantastic artstyle, the soundtrack is amazing as well. If I had to choose just one track, it would probably be Die House.
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: Though it is slightly cheating since the soundtrack consisted mostly of licensed tracks, I still think it's one of the best in the series. It fits so well atmosphere-wise, and the commercials plus the dedicated talk radio stations (like VPCR) were absolutely hilarious. 
  • Super Mario 64: this was one of the three games I got a present for my N64 (besides Cruisin' USA and International Superstar Soccer). I've replayed the damn thing more things than I can remember, and I loved the OST. The ones that stuck with me are probably the Dire, Dire Docks one and Slider (which played whenever you had to race someone). 

There are a few others like Hob, Minit, and the like, but I can't say I like the entirety of their soundtracks, just certain songs. 

• 1 month later...

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (link to the soundtrack on YouTube) has a pretty cool Norse themed classical soundtrack. I linked to YouTube, but it's on Spotify for those who use that.

Persona 5 (link to the soundtrack on YouTube) has some pretty good music. Is it R&B or motown? I've been told it's something called "acid jazz." That fits. It's got some real funky beats, if that's your thing.

The older Elder Scrolls games had great music, too. 

• 2 months later...

Five games are on my hitlist:

DC Universe Online (the Brainiac War subtheme - fifty of the first seventy missions tie directly to it, and all of missions forty-three to seventy-five).

Anno 2070

Anno 2205

Burnout Paradise (including Remastered) - it includes some distinctly non-American tracks (the B'z "Friction" was a major wake-up call for me, as I usually listen  to American-based groups - which are represented - from Avril Lavigne to Alice in Chains, and the B'z is not - they are *Japanese* - yet they fit in without making me cringe)

Need for Speed - the original Hot Pursuit (AKA Hot Pursuit III) - it was this game that taught me the value of a mixtape in a racing game.