Motherboard chrisis

I'm trying to get my ECS M825ULR otherwise known as ECS K7VMM to power on..

unfortunately, I don't know where the power switches, etc. go.... does any one have any idea how I have to set them up?

p.s. I don't have the manual

I still don't get it.... it won't work... I'm so dumb I can't even understand the manual :( I've done what it says... or at least I think I have but it's still not working...

it doenst get any simpler than the manual. if you still cant get it try taking it to a local comp store (not a chain). they might be cool and do it for you free of charge. takes 5 min max.

I know... I've been at it for at least 30 mins, I tried every possible combination that i could think of... I can get the HD LED working but nothing else

Did you connec the "Power Switch(or SW)" Pin to the motherboard?

It needs to be plugged in to Pins 6 and 8. If you still can't figure it out, then maybe you should take a quick trip down to your local computer shop where they can do it for you.

post-13-1075353072.png

yes, I've got PWR SW, RESET, HDD LED, and 2 single ones with no marking..

I've put PWR in 6-8, RESET in 5-7 which is just above it, HDD LED right next to PWR in 2-4... and the 2 single ones in 1-3... I'm getting no results

ECS boards are some of the worst boards I have seen to date. And a lot of them do come out of the factory faulty. Have had many of them do that.

Matthias

I don't think it's a faulty board... it worked fine.. I took it out to try out another motherboard in the same case... that mobo didn't work since it was a compaq, so when I put the old ECS back in... it didn't work either,

What exactly is happening right now? Push the power button and then nothing? Or does it power up but you get no feedback from the system? You mentioned the HDD LED working, then it means that the system is powering up in some way.

Also ECS produces quite a few parts on the market today. In addition to their own products they also produce Motherboards for companies such as Abit and Shuttle and also provide OEM systems such as Laptops to companies like Acer.

Tour of Factory Link: http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1891

Their QA looks pretty through, but i like that room with 400 Laptops being tested and running 3dmark2001 :p.

normaly if the power fan starts to spin and hd starts up but no screen picture or sound its b/c of the motherboard failed the: power self test. dont know a solution to the problem, i normaly just send them back from were i bougth them and get a new one,,

Have you actually plugged in the HD and alike with the molex cables? Plugged in the floppy as well?

Also, make sure you have the proper placing for the pins for the PW, RST etc and make sure */- are set accordingly.

Edited by Davey

So... what do I do now? nothing turns on... not even the PSU fan.. :(... I'm sure I've got the pins wrong.. can anyone walk me through it please? PLEASE!!! I'm gonna get my ass kicked good and proper if I dont get this working

maybe a little obvious, but is your mobo plugged in all hte way? i cant help u with this but maybe if u post the colors of the unlabeld ones somone might know wich spot u should put them in.

I've double checked everything... everything is plugged in all the way, the unlabled ones go green and white...

I just need someone to show me how to do it on that diagram from the manual.. maybe with MS paint or something

Do you have the MB manual? It has the pinouts in it. There is a downloadable file in PDF format from the ECS website that has the pinouts on page 9.

I've double checked everything... everything is plugged in all the way, the unlabled ones go green and white...

I just need someone to show me how to do it on that diagram from the manual.. maybe with MS paint or something

man, if u can get this, you are really hopeless.

your main concern should be to have it power on..... leave everything off and jsut plug in the power connections

post-13-1075431015.jpg

Edited by linsook

Hi,

Please go here and click on the video for installing a motherboard.

Don't panic and worry about what will happen to you, concentrate

and put it back together and take your time. You have something

shorted, or you could have left something simple as the power supply

switch off in the back. Just take your time and don't worry! There are

a ton of people here trying to help you and won't let you roast. :-)

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/showtel...3302118,00.html

Scoured the web to find this one. :-)

that is exactly how I've set it up.... I'm leaving last one blank with the single ones going into Power LED... there must be something I'm missing.

I don't understand what you guys mean by +/-s on the mobo... but I've just followed linsook's diagram with no results... the Power LED turns on... but the computer won't actually power on...it will just have the power LED on

Edited by parhamreza