• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Cash or Card Payments?

How you do prefer to pay for anything?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

jnelsoninjax    10,281
Posted (edited)

Mostly card, we do not have contactless offered by the banks in the US yet, at least not that I am aware of. My debit card has a chip in it and 99% of places I go use the chip, but there are a few that still I have to swipe the card, the vending machines at Amazon take cash and card as well as apple, google and Samsung pay, but my phone does not have NFC so Android pay does not work for me, and when I did have a phone with NFC, I still couldn't get it to work :/

Zagadka    3,742

Don't even remember last using cash. It is just pretty inconvenient, now that so many things accept cards. I don't know of a single place I go that doesn't accept plastic.

I keep like $10 in my car in case I need parking or whatnot, but since even the vending machines I am around use cards, so the choice is hardly there.

+JHBrown    12,489

Always credit card. Why not let our money work for us in any situation possible! Our cash back bonus/points from using our credit cards, covers a good amount of our family vacation, or any "wants" that may arise. I do keep $40 in my wallet just in case. It's been there for a while though.

techbeck    6,461

Rarely carry cash with me.  Always my card.  Now, if I am driving a ways or traveling, I tend to carry a little bit of cash with me.