Tech Tip Tuesday!

Tech Tip Tuesday!

5/03/2022

If you have so many icons on your desktop that you are unable to find what you are looking for here is an easy way to locate stuff. First, left-click once on any one of the icons to highlight it.

Then start pressing the letter on the keyboard that the file you are looking for starts with. Every time you press that letter it will highlight an item on your desktop starting with that letter.

Just keep pressing that letter, until you find the item on your desktop you are looking for.

5/10/2022

Did you know if press Windows key + H on your keyboard in Windows 10 or 11, it brings up voice dictation so you can talk instead of type?  (Assuming your computer has a Mic)

5/17/2022

Windows 10 and 11 include an app called “Clipboard History” allowing you to store multiple things on the clipboard (By highlighting each item and pressing ctrl+c).

To access Clipboard History, hold down the Windows key and Press V (Windows key + V). You can then choose which copied item on the clipboard you wish to paste into an application.

Keep in mind, with this feature on it will keep around 10 of the most recent copied items on your clipboard. At any time you can open the clipboard (windows key +V) and tell it to clear the contents.

5/24/2022

For those of you who use a mouse, did you know that the scroll wheel in the middle of your mouse clicks when you push down on it?

Did you also know it allows you to open links in a new tab? Simply put your mouse over a link on a website and push down on the scroll wheel.

Now that link will open as a new tab on the top of your browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari). If you do the same thing on a folder full of saved websites on your bookmark bar, it opens every site in the folder in a new tab.

On 10/05/2022 at 10:31, adrynalyne said:

Ah...thanks. Let me go disable that now. 

I've actually fallen in love with that.  I use it all the time. especially when I'm trying to spell a word and failing so bad that even spell checker doesn't know what the F*** i'm trying to spell. I'll just do a windows key + H and speak the word... BAM!

On 10/05/2022 at 08:32, warwagon said:

I've actually fallen in love with that.  I use it all the time.

I hit it on accident and its naiils on a chalkboard. I am sure it is very useful for others.

I have 3 icons on my desktop. I can type fairly decently and accurately. Haven't found a word I can't spell, or spell checker can't fix. Hate saving things to history that might pop up accidentally.

On 17/05/2022 at 08:32, cork1958 said:

I have 3 icons on my desktop. I can type fairly decently and accurately. Haven't found a word I can't spell, or spell checker can't fix. Hate saving things to history that might pop up accidentally.

In my case, I always say you can't never trust what's on the windows clipboard anyway, as CTRL + C only seems to work when it wants to. That or I fat finger Ctrl + C 99% of the time. That's why people say when they do CTRL + C they do like I do CTRL +CCCCCCCCCC