Rick and Morty no longer on Netflix (in select regions) 😡

download.jpeg

So I was looking forward to season 6 later, and just like Star Trek earlier in the year, Netflix have lost the rights to Rick and Morty in some regions, including The Netherlands where I live. 😡

Remind me again why piracy is still rampant in 2022? I've lost count of all the different streaming services there are now. 😒

Source: https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/leaving-soon/rick-and-morty-leaving-netflix-in-august-2022/

Yeah, this is why I was against streaming services from the beginning. I prefer a physical or digital medium that I put on whenever I want without worrying about restrictions.

It's interesting that some European countries and Australia aren't saying that they are removing it. Is that because HBO isn't available there?

Regardless, this is one of the reasons I have a VPN. Although even with that companies like Netflix have got better at detecting a VPN IP address and blocking you.

On 04/09/2022 at 10:34, Nick H. said:

Yeah, this is why I was against streaming services from the beginning. I prefer a physical or digital medium that I put on whenever I want without worrying about restrictions.

It's interesting that some European countries and Australia aren't saying that they are removing it. Is that because HBO isn't available there?

Regardless, this is one of the reasons I have a VPN. Although even with that companies like Netflix have got better at detecting a VPN IP address and blocking you.

Yeah I noticed VPN has mostly stopped working for me when I want to watch US selection from other countries.

Pretty sure Netflix knows all the major VPN providers and even private servers with remote access sometimes get detected when you go though them :(

At my previous job I had access and use that on vacations - log into them and then access other sites.

that was always working because it looked like regular IP - not belonging to the company that rents services, so there was no way they would know.

Geo blocking is terrible. Everything should be available to everyone when it comes to streaming services. Don't even get me started on the monopoly in Canada and the CRTC with Bell/Rogers having to control the streaming.

• Like 2

On 04/09/2022 at 14:37, rmorris003 said:

Geo blocking is terrible. Everything should be available to everyone when it comes to streaming services. Don't even get me started on the monopoly in Canada and the CRTC with Bell/Rogers having to control the streaming.

All of the untapped revenue stream if they open their service to everyone.

On 04/09/2022 at 09:40, Steven P. said:

download.jpeg

So I was looking forward to season 6 later, and just like Star Trek earlier in the year, Netflix have lost the rights to Rick and Morty in some regions, including The Netherlands where I live. 😡

Remind me again why piracy is still rampant in 2022? I've lost count of all the different streaming services there are now. 😒

Source: https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/leaving-soon/rick-and-morty-leaving-netflix-in-august-2022/

Well now you need Rick and Morty+

Oh remember the days when streaming was going to kill cable and save us all... now it's just cable on 15 different bills

On 04/09/2022 at 14:57, neufuse said:

Oh remember the days when streaming was going to kill cable and save us all... now it's just cable on 15 different bills.

But at least you can pick-and-choose which streaming services you want at any given time.  You're not required to subscribe to 15 different streaming services every month.  A lot of people subscribe to a couple services... binge what they want... then try other services.  You can do that with streaming.  You have control.

Whereas with cable... you're stuck paying for 125+ channels, every month, whether you want them or not.  And you also pay for those terrible DVR boxes with crappy interfaces.  And you need a box for every TV in your house.

Remember?  People complained about cable for years.  They said it's too expensive and they paid for too many channels that they don't want.  I certainly remember.

But now we have streaming which gives the control to the viewers.  YOU pick what you want to pay for.

On 04/09/2022 at 16:03, Michael Scrip said:

But at least you can pick-and-choose which streaming services you want at any given time.  You're not required to subscribe to 15 different streaming services every month.  A lot of people subscribe to a couple services... binge what they want... then try other services.  You can do that with streaming.  You have control.

Whereas with cable... you're stuck paying for 125+ channels, every month, whether you want them or not.  And you also pay for those terrible DVR boxes with crappy interfaces.  And you need a box for every TV in your house.

Remember?  People complained about cable for years.  They said it's too expensive and they paid for too many channels that they don't want.  I certainly remember.

But now we have streaming which gives the control to the viewers.  YOU pick what you want to pay for.

just wait for it, there will be minimum contact lengths eventually once they get fed up with people taking a month out to binge a snow... and most cable companies now have IPTV as an option like comcast for example they have the ability to get linear tv on the xfinity stream app so no need for a box anymore and you don't pay for it as an outlet

eventually these services are going to cost too much individually, Heck disney+ at first felt like a steal now it's getting ads or a price hike again probably every year now... can't wait for it to be $20 a month.... the big content providers will shift the service how they want it to make them the most money in the end... and that always ends up screwing the consumer in some way...

On 04/09/2022 at 17:13, neufuse said:

just wait for it, there will be minimum contact lengths eventually once they get fed up with people taking a month out to binge a snow...

Perhaps... but consumers will vote with their wallet.

We were led to believe that contracts are evil... so I don't think people will stand for it.  TV isn't that important... :)

and most cable companies now have IPTV as an option like comcast for example they have the ability to get linear tv on the xfinity stream app so no need for a box anymore and you don't pay for it as an outlet

True... but how much is it?  While some cable companies offer a $20/month plan... that only gets you about 10 channels... basically your local networks.

But your typical cable TV lineup of 125+ channels is at least $65/month.  That's a lot of money... every month.

eventually these services are going to cost too much individually, Heck disney+ at first felt like a steal now it's getting ads or a price hike again probably every year now... can't wait for it to be $20 a month.... the big content providers will shift the service how they want it to make them the most money in the end... and that always ends up screwing the consumer in some way...

Yeah I'm interested to see to see where it goes.  

We're already seeing Netflix lose subscribers after they keep increasing the price!

Dear Streaming Companies.

I want to watch what I want to watch, when I want to watch it.   I'm happy to pay you a fair price to let me do that, but if you won't let me do that, then I will still watch what I want to watch, I just won't be giving you guys any money to do so.

You might want to do something about that, you dipsticks.

Regards

A customer that knows how to watch things "other" ways.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...