AutoPatcher XP 4.5 Official Thread

Fabulous :yes:

just in time for a planned clean install.

Nice fast link at www.mbdownloads.net, too.

Thanks for the update and all the work that has gone into it.

What file can I take from my January update that'll let AXP know which updates have already been installed and to not install them again? Also, where to put that file?

What file can I take from my January update that'll let AXP know which updates have already been installed and to not install them again? Also, where to put that file?

If you already ran the January, when this box comes up on the Feb:

post-89-1078677377.jpg

Check them both, and it will automatically deselect the entries. :)

Quick question regarding BitTorrent.

How do I stop my download and only upload ? (ABC client)

// edit : I didn't get it from Bit Torrent, is there still a way to share it on BT ? (uploading at 80k/s atm)

I put my January update in my recycle bin though...guess I shouldn't have. If I restore the January update back, should I just extract the Feb over the Jan?

No no no... lol When the Jan was run it put log files safely in another part of your computer. Just run the feb and check both those boxes. :)

Well I did run the January update before and ran the February update now, but no such box came up. Does it come after you select what you want updated? Could you possibly tell me where this log file is supposed to be?

Well I did run the January update before and ran the February update now, but no such box came up. Does it come after you select what you want updated?

Wait... the box never came up? :s It should have. :/ Unless your logs are gone. Do me a favor... see if you have an apinstall.log in your C:\Windows folder... or an ap_log.txt... or really anything that says AP anything.

No such files. Looked in the Windows folder and then also ran a search on both of them just to make sure, but nothing came up.

How odd! :blink: It appears your Jan Update didn't log that it was run, so there's nothing for the Feb Release to read from. How very very weird. :wacko:

I searched for just ap and found apxp_dbdump.log and apxp_log.log which seemed to quite big text files of 72kb and 202 kb respectively in my windows/system32 folder. Does this help at all?

I searched for just ap and found apxp_dbdump.log and apxp_log.log which seemed to quite big text files of 72kb and 202 kb respectively in my windows/system32 folder. Does this help at all?

Ah! Those are them! They should have been detected! You never saw that box? You can try putting them in you C:\Windows folder and see if that helps. :/

Excuse my curiosity but why would I want to use this over just having auto updates turned on in XP?

Mainly because:

Auto Updates doesn't pull Recommended Updates, only Critical.

Auto Updates doesn't install DX9,WMP9, .Net, etc.

Auto Updates requires a net connection, this can be burnt to a CD and installed anywhere.

AutoPatcher has tweaks and other common programs like Flash and Java, that Auto Updates doesn't have.

There's more, but that's plenty. :D

@StAnGeR04 - Yep, you are correct. (Y)

Downloaded from one of the Links above and now uploading it fo awhile on Bittorent for all ya  :D

Oh and thanks for the update.

Sidespike

that explains my awesome d/l rate..thanks sidespike

but I'm about to leave the house so I'll leave my BT

d/l going as well

but can the full version take the place of the january update?

or do I have this backwards?

Nope, putting them in my Windows folder did nothing for that. Can someone that uses AXP alone to patch their system just send me their January log file so I don't have to install all the updates I've already installed?

that explains my awesome d/l rate..thanks sidespike

but I'm about to leave the house so I'll leave my BT

d/l going as well

but can the full version take the place of the january update?

or do I have this backwards?

Whoops, ya must have missed it... yes, you're correct. Delete your Jan, the Feb replaces it. (Y)

Nope, putting them in my Windows folder did nothing for that.

Well, then, in the words of Bender.... You're boned. :( Sorry mate, looks like for some reason it's not reading them. Just have it detect your registry, and the brightside is, if it repatches something, it won't harm it. (Y)

First error :(

Has anyone run into this error message?

[edit]

Weird, I thought I had this already installed from the January release.

[/edit]

post-89-1078681758.jpg

Mainly because:

Auto Updates doesn't pull Recommended Updates, only Critical.

Auto Updates doesn't install DX9,WMP9, .Net, etc.

Auto Updates requires a net connection, this can be burnt to a CD and installed anywhere.

AutoPatcher has tweaks and other common programs like Flash and Java, that Auto Updates doesn't have.

There's more, but that's plenty. :D

@StAnGeR04 - Yep, you are correct. (Y)

Ok, thanks. (Y)