Modotate 2.02.02

:blink: I don't know what is "fugly", can you explain ?

584732240[/snapback]

Fugly = F**KING UGLY!

And I agree. Great app, but both the taskbar icon and the titlebar icons are butt ugly.

Any way to replace this puppy with something sleeker?

• 1 month later...

I love the program, but I was hoping for a little more of a mac feel, where you could move the mouse to the top left corner of the screen and get all windows to shrink together and top right to take you to the desktop... possibly something to think about for the next version

hey i know im a new user and this is probably REAL old but im experiencing a problem with this program, when i set a window to 3D the area aroud the window in a rectangle around it goes black, still in 3D, and wont move, it seems to be doing it after a full system scan and was working fine before, what could be the problem because i really like this program and dont want to get rid of it cause its broken =(

I was able to find the original website for this awesome program, but it looks like it is no long developed (last release 2/17/2003)...

but the good news is, the source code is there...any of you C++ gurus wanna have a go at it?

Madotate Source Code :)

edit: oooops just saw the source code was previously listed....

Edited by bacd

Cool program, I love the idea. The only gripe I have is when a window is in 3d mode, it doesn't update until you bring it out of 3d mode again. It would be wayyy cooler if it did, like you could use the program in the 3D mode. Oh well, still, A+ for effort.

• 3 weeks later...
A screenshot of my full translated version is here: http://davc73.free.fr/madotate/Translation.gif...

PS: do you know that moving 3D window with left mouse button also swaps "axes" when close to edges, in addition of "normal" actions (ie move or rotate 3D window with left and right buttons) ? This appz rules ! Especially 'coz it works even on my Win98SE ;)

584696004[/snapback]

Cool app, thanks for the mod--well done DavC73.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Not sure but think that one or simular has been up for display on here before. Quite cool none the less but never anything I would use. Not very practical in my opinion, just uneccecary eye candy.

Yeah, 3Mb RAM usage on my machine... :(

Oh well, as I say, I thought it was quite a good effect.  But as ThalSwe said, its not really practical I guess.

586553280[/snapback]

But I guess some people will like it. Personally I am a minimalist so I wont use extra programs unless I find them practical enough. And I also want to keep extra programs on a minimum to save RAM and CPU.