Now THATS a pile up!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,149819,00.html

PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. ? A snow squall caused a string of highway pileups involving as many as 90 vehicles Tuesday, killing one person and injuring at least 34 others, police said.

Rescue crews needed hours to untangle and clear what Fire Chief Dave Peterson described as "knots" of wreckage.

Two victims were hospitalized in critical condition.

A six-mile section of U.S. 131 (search) just north of Grand Rapids (search) was closed and did not reopen until Tuesday afternoon. The wreckage stretched for a half-mile and included a tractor-trailer that was torn in two and a van that was crushed between two tractor-trailers.

Jan Johnson, who lives nearby, said: "I heard the very first crash ? a big boom ? then it just continued for a few minutes, right after the other."

Police said the snowstorm created near-whiteout conditions and made the road surface slippery.

1_21_030805_pileup_450.jpg

1_22_030805_pileup_trooper_450.jpg

Wow :blink:

I think the insurance companies aren't gonna be too happy about this :devil:

Quote removed

i live just south of grand rapids in Kentwood....i heard about this too...it's crazy

Edited by gameguy

yesterday on the garden state parkway, there were over 120+ accidents and counting.

585590906[/snapback]

theres always accidents on the parkway! :D

the cops did close down rt-21.....******s

i lived in kalamazoo my whole life, pretty close to that. i moved out to cali now though, no more snow unless i drive up. hope everyone is driving safe, i heard the snow storm is pretty bad on the east coast.