AutoPatcher x64 March 2007

^ Raptor found the problem in the Kb890830 module. Now it will install the module. Please overwrite the old one with this:

kb890830_enu.zip

As for the other modules, i can install them without problems... Please use the file in the \tools and do a Ctrl+A Ctrl+C and paste it in a wordpad file (rtf).

^ Raptor found the problem in the Kb890830 module. Now it will install the module. Please overwrite the old one with this:

kb890830_enu.zip

As for the other modules, i can install them without problems... Please use the file in the \tools and do a Ctrl+A Ctrl+C and paste it in a wordpad file (rtf).

Going to test the installation now, this is from the file:

Environment Detection

system

.lcid (regional settings) -> 1043 (Dutch)

.os.family (2000/xp, etc) -> XP

.os.suite (pro/home, etc) -> X64

.os.sp (0, 2, etc) -> 1

.os.ver (xp_pro_sp2 etc) -> XP_X64_SP1

.os.lang (system language) -> 1033 (English)

.os.cat1 (categorized by family) -> ANY_XP_VERSION

.os.cat2 (categorized by suite) -> ANY_XP_X64

.os.cat3 (categorized by sp) -> ANY_XP_SP1

.os.name -> Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

.os.build (complete build) -> 5.2.3790

.csd.name -> Service Pack 1

.csd.build (sp major/minor) -> 1.0

.suite.mask (suite id in hex) -> &H100

.platform (platform id in hex) -> &H2

.type (product type in hex) -> &H1

.si.processor (cpu architecture id) -> 9

components

.ie (internet explorer) -> IE6.0.3790.1830

.wmp (media player) -> WMP10.0.0.3700

.net (.net framework) -> NET2.0.50727.42

.msi (windows installer) -> MSI3.1.4000.1830

.msn (msn messenger) ->

office

.access (microsoft access) ->

.excel (microsoft excel) ->

.frontpage (microsoft frontpage) ->

.infopath (microsoft infopath) ->

.onenote (microsoft onenote) ->

.outlook (microsoft outlook) ->

.powerpoint (microsoft powerpoint) ->

.project (microsoft project) ->

.publisher (microsoft publisher) ->

.visio (microsoft visio) ->

.word (microsoft word) ->

Commandline Parameters

params

.mode (normal/uninstall) -> normal

.runlevel (0/1/2) -> 0

.unattend (off/full/minimal/invisible) -> off

.defaults (file path) -> none

.eula (display eula) -> true

.detect (enable detection) -> true

.log (log during installation) -> true

.reboot (reboot if needed) -> true

AutoPatcher Variables

vars

.windows (<windows>) -> C:\WINDOWS

.system (<system>) -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

.temp (<temp>) -> C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp

.autopatcher (<autopatcher>) -> F:\AutoPatcher\tools

After another restart, I noticed that everything is installed, except this one: KB905915

I retried this one now so many times, I can't get it to install...

Was wondering if there will be a tweaks module in the next release. Was not able to install the tweaks module from previous versions. So far AP x64 is working smoothly on a fresh Windows installation, just hoping to see tweaks soonly, as I am installing more and more x64 systems as they are increasingly popular.

• 5 weeks later...

Gandolas are you planning to release a february update or a full release?

By the way, I was testing the installer, but I don't known what happend, but an error came around. I was trying to install all the patches at the same time, maybe that was wrong and some programs or add ons don't get marked that they are already installed (Activesync, wallpapers, screensavers).

Thanks for your effort and time.

No, profile is just like my nickname, FnF :)

The PC name is FNF as well, so that shouldn't be the problem...

Can't say if it will solve this issue or not, but having the username and computername the same is a bad idea and may cause issues with any program that uses NetBIOS. In fact, if you renamed your computer to FnF1, then tried to create an account called FnF1, you'd get the error message defined here:

Error Message: The User Name May Not Be the Same as the Computer Name...

I'd consider trying it after a rename of the computer, and leave them different even if it doesn't solve the current issue.

^^ February will have a Full release, not a Update.

Since it's a test version, it's normal that some errors appear... Some problems with the Autopatcher.exe were fixed, so i hope that things will work better. :)

After i release February's, please send me some feedback.

Gandolas, where is the link for the february release of autopatcher for x64?

I can't find the link? thanks in advance.

By the way, have you test some tweaks or not? I was hopping to see some tweaks in this release.

<rant>

Why don't I get emailed when a new release comes out BEFORE it comes out like I did in the past so I can have it ready on my mirror? I feel like I constantly have to keep checking here to see if there's an update and keep emailing and PMing people who don't seem to respond much. Anyway, my mirror would have the file right now ready to go if I knew where to get it, just like all of the other AutoPather versions... :-\

</rant>

^ Sorry about that... :blush: I know, it's my fault.

But i was having problem uploading files to a host, and didn't want to upload to any other before the problem was solved. I couldn't finish the upload of the files, and since this is a big one...

Oh, i'll give you the links when i have them. :)

I have just installed the february full release but I'm having problems.

After I installed some updates and while doing a restart the computer's screen stays black after the boot screen, but the computer continues booting and i can't see anything. I shut down and enter in safe mode, everything seems normal. Then go back to normal boot and the screen now works.

The updates I installed are:

KB911927

KB913446

KB901190

KB896422

KB907986

KB907639

I found a similar case in the next page:

PlanetAMD64 Black Screen

Maybe is the same problem, display drivers or refresh rate.

I use nLite RC6 to make a boot disk and integrate the NFM's x64 Post-SP1 Update Pack.

This was strange but now my computer seems normal. By the way this is my machine Gateway 7510GX.

Edit 1: The restart funtion after the installation of updates now works, thanks...

Edit 2: The Royale theme doesn't install at all neither the Malicios Software Removal Tool, it doen't stand as a installed item.

Edit 3: Screensaver 3dwindowsxp don't seem to work, it display an error box saying: "This screensaver is designed for Windows XP", I have the final version of x64 Professional.

Edited by Kalabaza

^ There are some problems with some modules, and saddly i don't have time to test all of them... And even that i had, there is allways something that misses. That's one of the reasons for me to need help from beta testers. And all the feedback is wellcomed. :)

That problem must be caused by one ore more hotfixes... I had never had any problem like that... Are you using the latest drivers?

The problem with the Removal Too is that i've made a mistake, and used last month's detection string. :$

I'll remove that 3D WindowsXP screensaver.

Thanks for the feedback.

Don't worry I really appreciate what you're doing and all the effort that you put for doing this posible ;) and yes, I'm using the latest drivers (ATI Catalyst Drivers 6.2).

Maybe yes, and there was a conflict between the hotfixes but everything is normal again, thanks. :D

What's the MD5 hash of this full February Full beta?

First try to download from the second mirror above got me a corrupted installer, the one I have just finished downloading has MD5 = 4a53946f9d6695809dd2132c14d8dbe8, is this the right hash? I downloaded it on a linux system so i can't check if it works untill i return home...

yes, littlbuger has informed me the two beta releases he has are corrupt. im currently uploading the 32bit one to him, unfortunately i dont have the 64bit one.

@ramik, the modules are unofficial (because its a beta release, and allows you to view the module details in notepad (cureent module editor doesnt work for the ap6 format)), the setup files are the official microsoft ones!

• 2 weeks later...

The 'select everything' button during installation actually does the opposite...it unchecks those that are checked. But anyways, just a matter of clicking all the red links to install :)