Monitor alternatives?

I think this is the right forum to post in, couldn't think of a more appropriate one. I currently have the hp w2408, I''ve had it for two weeks now, and whilst it's beautiful, one of the nicest looking I've ever seen, and it had a handle 90 degree swivel which is handy when looking at long pages of php, it's not up to spec. It only comes with VGA and DVI in, when I am looking for something that is a little bit more multimeadia friendly.

I looked at the Gateway FPD2485W, which has an additional DVI in and SVideo in. It's in price range but I've heard that the colour isn't exactly great out of the box, and the 6ms response time isn't fantastic. It's also pretty ugly.

I also looked at the Hyundai W240D. Main selling point is it has VGA DVI SVideo and HDMI, with a faster response time of 4ms.

Does anyone have any preferances? I haven't looked extensively into any of the Samsung, only from time constraints though; I hear they're pretty good. I've only mentioned two monitors, but they're are loads out there, and I'm bound to have missed some good ones. If anyone has any experience with a different one then please let me know.

Preferably I'd want to buy from a UK supplier, being in the UK and all.

Off topic but wow, I feel sorry for you UKers... all the Dell monitors are the "same" price as Canadian, except the $ sign changed to the pounds sign :|

Find a monitor with a S-PVA or S-IPS panel... get the Hyundai W240D-PVA, don't get the TN version if you are inclined towards that model.

Hey. I got the Hyundai 240D-PVA only last week and i am very happy with it.

Its great via all connections. Just as chconline said, get the S-PVA which is the one i got. The cheaper one is a TN based and it has bad viewing angles. I brought mine for ?399 via Novatech but other places such as Ebuyer and OcUK are selling it for the same price. Its only ?30- difference and you will be thankful you paid the difference for the better panel.

What exactly do you mean by multimedia friendly? I've just bought an AL2416BW from Dabs.com for just over ?200. It's got a very good specification for the price, but it only has a VGA input. You have to ask yourself though, would you rather have a monitor with a DVI input and a cheap pair of speakers inbuilt or two decent 24" panels with no speakers?

I was actually recommended looking at the hyundai series, specifically either the Hyundai W241D-PVA 24" or the Hyundai W240D-PVA 24".

Both of which are slightly out of my price range, but I'd be willing to go that little bit further if it meant getting a good screen. Does anyone have any experience with these? If they had been made by dell or samsung I'd have bought either without a quible, but I've never seen a hyundai monitor, nor known anyone who has one. What is the build quality like, does they actually deliever what they claim to offer etc?

@ Echilon - by multimedia friendly I meant more inputs rather than speakers. The hp came with internal ones but I didn't use them, preffering to use seperate speakers, I've never been a fan of integrated speakers.

@ J400uk - I actually looked at second hand dells, but I've seen better than the 1000:1 and 6ms offered for the same money, most notably the Hyundai.

Personally I would go for a Dell if you want to spend more cash. They got the best warranty, I just bought a new monitor myself and I couldn't help but go back to Dell even though it was 30 bucks more compared to a comparable Samsung monitor. :)

Get a brand new 2407WFP-HC. How?

Simple: http://www.mcscom.co.uk/section.php?xSec=4

(They're out of stock at the moment, so you'll have to check back. They're usually about ?299 excl VAT though, so within your price range.)

If you want buyer protection, they also sell them on eBay (eg, this) , so for about ?10 more you're doubly-protected;);)