Tf2_standalonebox.jpg

Developer(s): Valve Corporation

Publisher(s): Valve Corporation

Distributor(s): Electronic Arts (retail) & Steam (online)

Designer(s): John Cook & Robin Walker

Series: Team Fortress

Engine: Source engine

Platform(s): Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Release Date: October 10, 2007 (Windows & Xbox 360)

Genre(s): First-person shooter

Mode(s): Multiplayer

Rated: M (ESRB)

System Requirements Minimum:

• 1.7 GHz processor
  • 512 MB RAM
  • DirectX 8 level graphics card
  • Windows 2000/XP/Vista
  • Internet connection

Recommended:

• Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better)
  • 1 GB RAM
  • DirectX 9 level graphics card
  • Windows 2000/XP/Vista
  • Internet connection

Use this thread to discuss everything related to Team Fortress 2 for PC, everything from game play to updates. Hopefully it becomes a one stop shop for all the info we need regarding TF2.

Official Neowin TF2 Server: http://www.neowin.ne...tress-2-server/

Edited by Anaron

Finally a proper TF2 thread. :) About the newest update, they are going to have a free weekend again?

EDIT: About Steam updating the game... Well, they released a new update few hours ago.

I actually don't play it, I played it for a little bit when I got it in the Orange Box but that's it. The only reason I don't is because there are too many games now, I have about 30 games installed on my computer that I want and need to play through. It get's overwhelming, and since TF2 ain't a story or anything it's not on my top of the list.

It get's overwhelming, and since TF2 ain't a story or anything it's not on my top of the list.

But but blowing people into little bits as a demoman is soooo much fun! :p

Bought the Orange Box yesterday..Was a slow download (Stupid steam..). Finally got everything and decided to play some TF2, joined Random server and had fun as hell. Tried playing Demoman, Pyro, Heavy, Sniper and Medic.

I got stuck as Sniper for some time...but Pyro was damn fun. Still trying to learn Spy =).

Is it true they are bringing back the 'Reset Stats' option in the next update? A few people on the steam forums seem to think so. A custom map has screwed up some of my stats and I want to reset them. Hopefully if they bring it back it doesnt reset the time you've played each class though.

But but blowing people into little bits as a demoman is soooo much fun! :p

True, true :yes: .

I racked up my 30th hour of demoman play time yesterday (i know thats nothing compared to other players but im quite proud of it), can't wait for the demoman achievments to come. :D

In case anyone doesn't know This site, has some info on the next update.

Does this game have bots? I like to train a bit before going online :p

There are bots, but they don't do anything apart from standing there.

The best way to learn is to jump right in and watch what your team mates are doing.

TF2 :wub:

Would be great if we could get some Neowin matches going, even if it's on a public server (Y)

I play on the Multiplay servers all the time.

I'm a bit of a Dustbowl ######. Love the map.

We once had a Neowin server, but I don't think TF2 was as popular then. The server was empty 24/7 just about :p

How do some people have huge play times? I've had TF2 since release and my total play time is 50/60 hours.

EDIT:Someone make a neowin server?

TF2 was popular, but nobody was on at the same time.

And lag means it's really hard to play against multiple neowin members, we're all spread out (I only played on the server a few times and had 200+ latency)

And lag means it's really hard to play against multiple neowin members, we're all spread out (I only played on the server a few times and had 200+ latency)

Yeah I guess that was the main problem. The server didn't do to well with the foreigners. I had a ping of about 150~200.

I can live with up to 100~150 for a good Neowin match, but going over that and the lag starts to become noticeable.

I play on Multiplay due to me getting a ping of 30~50.

Where ever I play, I get between 5 and 60ms ping.

EDIT: 200ms? The server must have been in a rediculous place or had a lousy connection. I regularly have a ping of 3-5 on London servers, woot.

The server was in the US, I'm in Australia :p

"Thanks for standing still w__ker"

:rofl:

We once had a Neowin server, but I don't think TF2 was as popular then. The server was empty 24/7 just about :p

I remember the Neowin server, although I was late to the party and it wasn't long before Hurmoth took it offline. So didn't get a chance to join in however few Neowin matches there was :p

Yeah Multiplay servers are the ones I play most as well, although I like 2Fort the most I play Gravelpit now and again.

I remember the Neowin server, although I was late to the party and it wasn't long before Hurmoth took it offline. So didn't get a chance to join in however few Neowin matches there was :p

Yeah Multiplay servers are the ones I play most as well, although I like 2Fort the most I play Gravelpit now and again.

With my 1MB connection and my location a factor, I'm limited to Malaysian and Singapore servers, as they're the only ones that allow my ping to be manageable. Anything outside that means I'm target practice :p .

Scirwode

"Thanks for standing still w__ker"

:rofl:

I'm a kinda ok Sniper, but I prefer to be part of the action.

Soldier or Pyro, but quite often I'll be a Medic or Engineer (I :wub: Sentries)

I usually play on Multiplay (UK) and The Firm (France, I think) servers. My ping is good (40-90) considering that I have a slow connection (256/128).

Oooh I'm on multiplay mostly ever time I play TF2 :p What name do you play under?

I probably played against/with you.