The Avengers (may contain spoilers!)

440px-Waspers.jpg

A couple months ago it was revealed that Munn had to go in and reshoot all her scenes, but as a completely different role. No one knows that the original role was supposed to be (at Comic-Con Favreau joked that she would be playing War Machine or the Iron Madien). We do know it was played as more of a cameo and had interaction with Robert Downey Jr. Munn told The Complex the following:

?Yeah, but as they started to edit they realized it was becoming darker than what they?d expected and what my scenes had allowed for. My parts were lighthearted and comedic. Jon Favreau called and was like, ?I?ve got good news and bad news: This is what?s happening in editing but we all really like you.? Marvel and Jon had to add another character from the Marvel universe to keep me included. I can?t talk specifics because it?s Iron Man 2! But when they call, you say, ?OK, I?m there. What do you need?? You don?t say, ?Who is this Marvel? Did you call my agent? Is FIJI Water on set?? Everyone knows who the stars are in this movie. I?m not one of them and I understand the editing process. Some things don?t work out.?

She doesn?t say much, but she does reveal that she?s playing an established ?character from the Marvel universe.? She later confirmed:

?My first role had more improv and was a lot of fun, but for my second one I got to pick a Marvel Comics character. It?s pretty dope that from here on out, I?m that Marvel character.?

So who might she play? Munn has put the runaway Melina Vostokoff / Iron Maiden rumor to rest:

?If I was Iron Maiden, there?d be a big press release. I can?t say what I?m doing at all, because I signed away my life to Marvel if I say anything?but I think I?m allowed to say that everyone seemed to love my catering!?

When Zimbo asked if she liked her role more before or after the rewrite, Munn responded:

This is a trick question, right? If I got to walk past Robert Downey Jr.?s trailer and hand him a bottled water, I would?ve been ecstatic! I?m a huge geek, and to have anything more than a passing glance in Iron Man 2 is a dream come true. I don?t need anything big, just a chance to fulfill a little part of my nerd fantasy. If you made me pick, my first role had more improv and was a lot of fun, but for my second one I got to pick a Marvel Comics character. It?s pretty dope that from here on out, I?m that Marvel character.

The top fan speculation pointed towards Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) or Madame Masque (Whitney Frost), but what about Janet Van Dyne aka Wasp? A source told Forces of Geek that Munn plays Janet Van Dyne, who has a small part in Iron Man 2, but a somewhat larger role in The Avengers and the later planned Ant-Man movie.

IMO, it will be a cult hit, but I've seen nothing to indicate he's a good movie maker. I thought Serenity was painful to it through, personally.

It seems it's not everyone's cup of tea, it was mostly made by the fans, for the fans, so if you didn't see the original Firefly you may have been a little bit lost, I found it incredibly witty and amazing considering the budget it had, another proof that Joss can make wonders with a great cast, the dialog was great :)

• 2 weeks later...

Robert Downey Jr on Who Will Lead The Avengers

Iron Man 2 fever is in full swing, and we shouldn't expect it to die down any time soon. The best part of all the cast and crew interviews that are coming out are the tidbits of information we keep receiving about Marvel Studios other projects. Today, MTV News has released a few comments from Tony Stark himself where the actor gives his take on the controversial Captain America casting choice and the highly anticipated Avengers movie:

"I do know [Chris Evans] and I think it was a very smart casting choice. I know that it was a difficult choice for both the studio to make and for him personally, having been involved in other franchises before. But if I had to venture a guess, I think he'll count himself as lucky and he'll have a good time."

Chris Evans is the final piece of The Avengers puzzle. With Two Iron Man films and The Incredible Hulk already garnering mass approval from fans, and Thor close to wrapping on filming, the Captain America movie will be the one needed to maintain general audience enthusiasm until the ensemble film comes out in 2012.

Evans has recently stated that he doesn't know if Captain America will step up to lead the superhero team, The Avengers, when they make their theatrial debut in 2012. Downey was asked if his character could even be led by anyone. In true comedic form, he replied, "I'll clown all of them. I'll just clown those fools."

Those are terrible!

???? how so, the 2nd is the best IMO. that's what were gonna get guys on screen. i think that's exactly what cap will look like. i of course do hope they tweak the look of the hulk though.

I have to agree plus Chris Evans :no:

why are you so against chris? look how thor turned out, he looks great. you might just get a nice surprise out if the cap deal. john hamm would be too old to play cap IMO.

I just think the quality of the photoshopping was terrible and it fails to look as epic as it should. I also think Chris is a very bad idea. I cannot take that guy seriously and also think Hamm would have been great for the part. Thor I am not too fussed about and Hulk will obviously not look like that. As far as it goes those attempts look pretty amateur.

I just think the quality of the photoshopping was terrible and it fails to look as epic as it should. I also think Chris is a very bad idea. I cannot take that guy seriously and also think Hamm would have been great for the part. Thor I am not too fussed about and Hulk will obviously not look like that. As far as it goes those attempts look pretty amateur.

i think chris may surprise us all in the end. and so you know the first photo of the hulk is what he looked liked in the movie, that's a still image.

why are you so against chris? look how thor turned out, he looks great. you might just get a nice surprise out if the cap deal. john hamm would be too old to play cap IMO.

many reasons that include he looks to young, you can't take the guy seriously as a leader or a captain of a team and with Thor one picture doesn't make it awesome but I have faith in the director Kenneth who is really good but with Joe Johnston...:no:

The reason for the hate on Evans is he's a young actor. Mostly playing cocky smartasses. Captain America is supposed to be a strong leader and in every image, he's usually older. You mention how Thor turned out good. Thor has many things going for it Captain America will never have. Great writers, director, producers, and obviously, cast. Captain America on the other hand is a giant risk with everyone they chose for the job. I'd be genuinely surprised if Thor is bad considering its all-star team. Captain America's potential for failure is far greater. For the sake of Avengers I hope it doesn't but I'd be lying if I said I was confident it will be a good movie.

Also the photoshopped pics look terrible. Not only do they look amateurish but they have no idea what the captain america suit will look like. It could be very different for all we know. If I had to guess, it will include more armour and less spandex.

???? how so

They look like a 14 year old fanboy did them in Photoshop.

i think that's exactly what cap will look like

I sincerely hope not!

2rg1ikg.png

Kevin Pennington: Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D.?!?!

Last week we told you about some how it looked like young actor Kevin Pennington (90210) might have been cast in an upcoming Marvel Comics based movie. If you missed the report, click here to read more about it.

We have now been sent some additional details from a "Inside Source." Now before you read on, PLEASE NOTE we have not been able to confirm any of these details with any official source, nor can we vouch for the validity of this "inside source" at this time. So basically take what you read below with a grain of salt, and at anytime we are able to get an official confirmation or denial, we will be sure to let you know;

- He is signed with Marvel Studios, NOT Fox, Sony or any other film studio.

- He will not appear as the new Spider-Man or as a member of X-Men First Class.

- Plans are for his character to be in Avengers films and other team-related films.

- He will be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, but also a fan favorite character from the comics (characters origin may be changed to fit in the movie, and may never have been in S.H.I.E.L.D. or Avengers in the comics)

ADDITIONALLY, Kevin has posted additional details on the movie deal he says he signed for on his TWITTER page, though he has yet to reveal what that movie actually is or if it has anything to do with Marvel. In his most recent Tweet he says,

"It's a three picture deal so hopefully that guarantees i'll be in more than one movie in my lifetime... haha :)"

Source

and don't forget about Spiderman. Hopefully he will join up as well.

nah he won't it'll be to late for him to join this avengers movie plus which spiderman would join the team don't forget the new movie is the origins so it cant be that spidey and Tobey won't play him again so I dont think Spidey will be considered at all this time around.

nah he won't it'll be to late for him to join this avengers movie plus which spiderman would join the team don't forget the new movie is the origins so it cant be that spidey and Tobey won't play him again so I dont think Spidey will be considered at all this time around.

Spiderman doesn't need to join the 1st Avengers movie..lol.. mind you they are probably going to make sequels for the Avengers.

Spiderman doesn't need to join the 1st Avengers movie..lol.. mind you they are probably going to make sequels for the Avengers.

of course there's going to be another I mean Sam J signed for 9 marvel movies lol

of course there's going to be another I mean Sam J signed for 9 marvel movies lol

That's what I mean.. Spidey is going to be in the next few Avenger movies.. just not the first one.

That's what I mean.. Spidey is going to be in the next few Avenger movies.. just not the first one.

yeah just that they will need to cast a new spiderman :p which better be good

yeah just that they will need to cast a new spiderman :p which better be good

I hope they don't screw it up. They did Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk correct. lol. Has Norton even signed on for the Avengers?

I hope they don't screw it up. They did Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk correct. lol. Has Norton even signed on for the Avengers?

AFAIK he hasn't there was hearsay here and there but I think he will

Nothing official but the people he had problems with at Marvel are gone so the reasons to sign up currently out weigh the reasons to pass it up. I really hope something is announced, he'd be a fantastic edition.

797919601.jpg

Okay, so this is very much still in the "rumor" category for now, so maximum truckloads of salt are indicated. However, Marvel Freshman (who blogs over at Comic Book Movie) was tweeting last night that he'd heard from a fairly reliable tipster about which threat Marvel's biggest super-team might be facing: a Skrull invasion. (And the Hulk gets brainwashed as well.) If this is true, I'm elated, because this big team-up movie needs a huge threat, not just Loki or the Hulk. So fingers crossed.

And there's a wrinkle. Remember those reports that Kevin Pennington will be playing a well-known Marvel hero, who's not a SHIELD agent in the comics but will be one in the movie? Well, another fan, Paul Filipponi, claims on Twitter that the character played by Pennington is actually an alien ? and we could see the beginnings of the Kree-Skrull war in this movie. Hmm... which Kree superheroes might be available to join SHIELD and help fight the Skrull? Like I said, purely rumors for now. But maybe if we all get excited about them, Marvel will make them come true? [Twitter]