SuperPI 1M *Top Times Database*

The king is back!:p:p

Max? - 9.656s / Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i920 @ 4.305GHz (21*205 bclk) / Corsair 6GB DDR3 @ 8-8-8-21 / Stock Intel Cooler

CPU-Z doesn't show the true clock as it doesn't take into account the Turbo Boost +1 multiplier, but meh.

Congrats! :updated

• 3 months later...

12.687s / ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution / Ci7 940 @ 3.33GHz / 12GB Corsair DDR3 1160MHz @ 8-8-8-20 / Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme CPU Cooler

superpibenchmark.jpg

I'm not really the overclocker type. Prefer just to buy the high-end stuff and leave it at stock.

1M SuperPi : 09.405s

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4426.82 MHz (210.8 * 21)

Motherboard: Asus P6T

RAM Type: 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3 @ 8-8-8-24

CPU Cooler: Stock Intel

CPU-Z Validation: 589457

Running nice and stable here :)

superpifast.jpg

Congrats! I dont think I can beat that, not yet anyway...

Isn't it strange that the top two overclocks are using the stock heater :p

10.418s / ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution / Ci7 940 @ 4.00GHz / 12GB Corsair DDR3 1200MHz @ 9-9-9-24 / Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme CPU Cooler

Shaved off a couple seconds by going from 3.3GHz to 4GHz. Again I'm not really the overclocker sort so I won't push for 4.2Ghz

I know in the screenshot it says 3999.9MHz but whilst SuperPI was running it was at 4.002Mhz so I hope your forgive me for saying 4Ghz!

bench4ghz.jpg

Thanks Lyric and I just wanted to say I think it's great when members of the community manage things like these threads. You're doing a great job (Y)

no problem, it gives me something to do in my spare time.... :D

19.754 seconds, hardly impressive, but then I haven't really pushed my overclock. Motherboard is an ASRock Penryn 1600SLI-110DB memory, 8GB of Corsair XMS2 PC6400, cooling: Thermaltake Kandalf LCS integrated liquid

post-286512-1246661685_thumb.jpg

19.754 seconds, hardly impressive, but then I haven't really pushed my overclock. Motherboard is an ASRock Penryn 1600SLI-110DB memory, 8GB of Corsair XMS2 PC6400, cooling: Thermaltake Kandalf LCS integrated liquid

Take that bad boy to 3.6GHz ! (Y)

Would if my crappy board would allow FSB/Memory unlinking. Kinda being limited by the memory at the moment :( time for a new board once the creditors have been satisfied methinks :D

• 1 month later...

can you format it like I suggested please? then i will add it...thanks in advance.

updating mine as well currently. 8.942s

post-35406-1250544868_thumb.jpg

Take that bad boy to 3.6GHz ! (Y)

man, that ain't easy as it sound :p

i had hard time to reach 3.3GHz with my Q6600 rev B3

why is your i7 at stock? I'm going to call IAS on you! (intel abuse services!) hehe.

That sucks. I had a B3 QX6700 I could hit 3.6 on Water but it had an unlocked multiplier it was a lot harder using FSB alone as my 680i had an issue with the GTLRef voltage which affected the maximum FSB when using a quad core.

So I upgraded my laptop to 4GB of RAM and put on Win7 64-bit, but I'm not able to even get to my time when I was running XP w/ 2GB of RAM.

Is this a case of Win7 being a bit slower, or is my time pretty much at its peak no matter what? Just curious ;)

So I upgraded my laptop to 4GB of RAM and put on Win7 64-bit, but I'm not able to even get to my time when I was running XP w/ 2GB of RAM.

Is this a case of Win7 being a bit slower, or is my time pretty much at its peak no matter what? Just curious ;)

cpu speed makes the most difference in this benchmark....ram helps though, tighter timings, more gb doesn't matter if its running slower than the 2gb you were using before.

like with intel, mhz makes the most difference...amd i think ram timing adjustments make the most difference if i'm not mistaken.

why is your i7 at stock? I'm going to call IAS on you! (intel abuse services!) hehe.

my i7 is having vacation you know ,it is summer ;)

seriously ,i am researching some stuffs atm , rather keep it a stock atm

crank it up back later :yes:

-----------------

by the way lyric ..... could you please change my forum name to current one (old name: skynetxrules )

guess you didn't recognize me :p

That sucks. I had a B3 QX6700 I could hit 3.6 on Water but it had an unlocked multiplier it was a lot harder using FSB alone as my 680i had an issue with the GTLRef voltage which affected the maximum FSB when using a quad core.

the rig was at time ,

Q6600

P965-DQ6 rev1.1

OCZ gold 4GB@800mhz CL5

blueorb II

case : Tsunami Dream

honsty what i think that limited me at that time : heat concern since my country in hot area + i *think* that my memory hate 400 mhz FSB so i settled for 370FSB (3.3GHz)

jnelsoninjax - 20.164s/DFI Lanparty 790GX-M2RS/Phenom II X4 940 @3.5 GHZ/4 GB crucial ballistix DDR2@5-5-5-15/Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer

2h5nxc6.png

• 3 weeks later...
what with the thread dead already?

comon :p

The 1M scores are already really fast it's difficult to get them lower without using some extreme cooling or a new CPU.

Wonder what the newer i7's will score.

• 2 weeks later...

PeterUK ? 12.203s / Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4 / i7 860 @ stock with HTT & Turbo Boost / DDR3 @ 9-9-9-24 1600MHz XMP/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro v2

Turbo Boost really messes about with the Voltage and Multiplier when taking a screen shot.

Super%20PI%20i7.jpg

Waiting to stick Windows 7 on it.:cool:l:

• 1 month later...

Got my CPU to run at 3.2 GHZ now, with a better board (specs in sig), and have been able to shave a couple of seconds off my time. Will see if I can get more speed soon and try even better still

post-286512-1257370120_thumb.png