"Kimbo Slice" scores "The Ultimate Fighter 10" slot

Rashad was right man. Rampage should have consoled his man after the fight. He was just left in the ring alone.

Evans does talk sense sometimes.

Maybe it's just me, but Rashad wasn't really the one doing the smack talking in the first 3-4 episodes. Rampage was the one that was getting up in his face and being confrontational.

I know a lot of people consider Rashad to be an arrogant *******, and I'm sure he is, but from what I've seen so far in this show he's the less arrogant of the two.

You know I entered this season with a pretty low opinion of Rashad, but he seems the better of the 2 by far.

Nah, he is just the better of two evils. Rampage is acting so much of an idiot it make Rashad look good.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if they are purposefully potraying Rampage as such a tool since he has bailed out on them. Editing can be a powerful tool. Regardless, I have tons of respect for Rashad and zero for Jackons at this point. Rashad is clearly a better coach, but he is also using his time to be a positive influence on the guys: calming them down, keeping them focused, mentoring them on their career. Jackson just seems to want to crack dumb ass jokes all day.

Antoher thing... help me out with the format. If you lose, you hang around in hopes of being an alternate? So the losers so far may never actually get another chance? Also, if that is the case, what happened to the very first guy to lose who got that nasty ass gash on his head - is he still there or did he leave?

I wonder if they are purposefully potraying Rampage as such a tool since he has bailed out on them. Editing can be a powerful tool. Regardless, I have tons of respect for Rashad and zero for Jackons at this point. Rashad is clearly a better coach, but he is also using his time to be a positive influence on the guys: calming them down, keeping them focused, mentoring them on their career. Jackson just seems to want to crack dumb ass jokes all day.

Antoher thing... help me out with the format. If you lose, you hang around in hopes of being an alternate? So the losers so far may never actually get another chance? Also, if that is the case, what happened to the very first guy to lose who got that nasty ass gash on his head - is he still there or did he leave?

In the previous seasons, people who lost their fights had to leave the house. Since this resulted in lackluster ratings, they changed their approach. As you can see if you've been following the show they have been hyping a Kimbo comeback since he got eliminated. Fighters who lose get eliminated from competing for the prize contract but can still get an UFC contract if they perform well in the show. The other reason for keeping everyone in the house is for providing "drama" to fill the time between the fights. It's hard to do a 40 minute show about fighting without falling into a routine of training - fighting - training.

Regarding the Rampage thing, there is a lot of editing around and "semi-scripted" segments, probably because they always have a trainers fight in the UFC. When this was filmed, the fight between Rashad and Rampage was still on. The editing and scripting is pretty blunt, like Rashad being angry that Rampage could call the fight for his fighter. It's complete fabrication if you think about it.

Why didn't Marcus fight before? Because Rashad wanted to put as many of his fighters into the 2nd round and he knew Marcus had great potential to win a fight. That's why he "fed" him Mike Wessel who was his last pick. Why is Darrill Schoonover fighting Marcus? It's not because of "titties" that's for sure. The other David vs Goliath battles went fine for Team Rashad because they all had exploitable weaknesses: Wes Shivers gassed almost instantly, Abe Wagner didn't have any ground game so James and Jon plowed through them. It isn't a coincidence they both wanted to fight Mitrione, he's the weakest guy in the 2nd round. They only guy whose size even relatively compares to Marcus is Schoonover. The other guys are heavy heavyweights not BIG heavyweights. Marcus is a 1,98m 119Kg man who has ground game (when he took Mike down he instantly went for a Kimura, then rear-naked and then pulled that flash armbar out of his hat), can stand and trade (most of they guys don't even have reach to punch him in the face and body shots aren't gonna cut it) and is MASSIVE. He's a bit like Brock Lesnar, techically rough around the edges but a powerhouse. Darrill was chosen to put up a fight so Marcus doesn't just plow trough everyone in his way to the finals. As for strategy, I think he's going to hope that Marcus gasses out and/or gets him in a tough to get out of submission. Probably "and" because Marcus seems like the kind of guy who can just power out of almost anything (you can hardly apply a kimura on him let alone a head triangle).

About Wren vs. Nelson: Wren was impressive againts Wes while Roy just sat on top of Kimbo. Maybe he's saving himself for later but my money is on Wren.

My money is on Roy to win the whole thing. He has the most experience, great fight knowledge, has size, decent stand up, good ground and pound and is a former champion. The big question with him is going to be if he can go a third round with the type of shape he is in. Round is a shape right?

Dana saying he had a lackluster fight is crap. Kimbo had the lackluster fight. What was Roy going to do different? Maybe let Kimbo up? Struggle to take him down some more? Refuse to pass guard? Stop punching him?

My money is on Roy to win the whole thing. He has the most experience, great fight knowledge, has size, decent stand up, good ground and pound and is a former champion. The big question with him is going to be if he can go a third round with the type of shape he is in. Round is a shape right?

Dana saying he had a lackluster fight is crap. Kimbo had the lackluster fight. What was Roy going to do different? Maybe let Kimbo up? Struggle to take him down some more? Refuse to pass guard? Stop punching him?

No kidding about teh lackluster comment. He put Kimbo down, got position, even pinned his arm down and just kept slugging on his head. It takes at least two competent fighters to put on a show. Its a shame that Kimbo doesn't have better skills, he certainly has the "look" and appeal to be a popular draw - he just keeps losing... maybe he should go try pro wrestling? :)

I will say this however, Kimbo has impressed me as a pretty good guy. He has caused no drama in the house, is really willing to train and learn, and is agreat cheerleader to the other guys.

Now Roy's last fight really was unimpressive. I don't think he won that fight outright. It should have been tied and went to a third round, but Wren looked by far the more gassed of the two and Roy Nelson might have won anyhow. In any case he did just enough to eek out a victory there. I am switching my pick on who I think will win to Marcus.

I agree about Kimbo. Not a great fighter, but so far a real class act and a likable guy. He is probably a bit too old to make a real run in the UFC. He could probably make a decent payday with WWE for a few years though.

• 3 weeks later...

Dana with his half-hearted recant of his hatred for Roy Nelson...

Nelson wasn't impressive, McSweeney has 0 ground game and he lost because of it. Schaub was put in a similar situation, got up and KTFO Marcus.

As for the finale... Roy vs Schaub is going to be a good matchup, Roy has already proved himself and Schaub has great potential.

Marcus vs Mitrione... :D He is going to KILL him.

Dana with his half-hearted recant of his hatred for Roy Nelson...

Nelson wasn't impressive, McSweeney has 0 ground game and he lost because of it. Schaub was put in a similar situation, got up and KTFO Marcus.

As for the finale... Roy vs Schaub is going to be a good matchup, Roy has already proved himself and Schaub has great potential.

Marcus vs Mitrione... :D He is going to KILL him.

McSweeney lost also because he got cocky and dropped his hands and told Roy to hit him. So Roy did hit him and that was the start of McSweeny's downfall. I don't know if McSweeny has zero ground game or not, but Roy is an ex Abu Dhabi champ and is pretty dominating on the ground thus far. I was surprised as hell that Schaub was able to escape from Marcus. Marcus came close to winning that one. A few different moves on the ground and he could have had him.

The finale should be good. I though for sure it was going to be Marcus vs Roy. I don't know about the Mitrione fight. Mitrione has shown he can throw a punch and Marcus has shown some susceptibility to being knocked out. I think that one could go either way.

Now Roy's last fight really was unimpressive. I don't think he won that fight outright. It should have been tied and went to a third round, but Wren looked by far the more gassed of the two and Roy Nelson might have won anyhow. In any case he did just enough to eek out a victory there. I am switching my pick on who I think will win to Marcus.

I agree about Kimbo. Not a great fighter, but so far a real class act and a likable guy. He is probably a bit too old to make a real run in the UFC. He could probably make a decent payday with WWE for a few years though.

NON of Roy's fights have been impressive, all he has done is lay his F$%# belly on top , knee on their arms and hit, that is not a skilled fighter, it pis#@@ me off to see that *** going to the finals.

NON of Roy's fights have been impressive, all he has done is lay his F$%# belly on top , knee on their arms and hit, that is not a skilled fighter, it pis#@@ me off to see that *** going to the finals.

NONE! sorry i misspelled it

His fights with the possible exception of his second on the show have been exactly what they needed to be. Wins! That move is called the crucifix and is a legitimate tactic. He had to take down his opponent, pass guard, gain side control, and trap the opponents arm to get there. To reduce it to just laying on top is like saying all the Gracies ever did was lay down and get lucky with a choke.

Roy is absolutely a skilled fighter. His trainers are a virtual who's who list of MMA: Ortiz, Couture, Shamrock, Renzo Gracie. He is former IFL champ and an Abu Dhabi invitational competitor. He is 13-4 lifetime and 3-0 on the show. What more do you want from the guy? Flashy knockouts? If it isn't skill that got him this far; I know it ain't physical conditioning or outright physical gifts and all those wins can't be only luck. Something allowed him to rack up those wins.

What pis#@@ me off about him is that if he was in any kind on shape he could probably be a great fighter. As it is he doesn't represent what the UFC is trying to represent. They want rightly to show MMA fighters as serious professional athletes comparable to boxers and this will prevent Roy from going very far within the UFC.

Doesn't say much then that the UFC Heavywheight champ uses the same tactics on people. Uses power to get on top of them and then smashes his hands down until the ref stops it.

Whatever works, works. Who gives a grap if it's not spectacular.

I was very impressed with Kimbo's ground game.

And it's only going to get better, but that left knee is going to be a serious target for anyone that comes up against him.

1) It's his lead leg, so it'd be a target anyway

2) It's a know fact that he has some problems with it

First round was a snore fest, second was pretty good, third was meh.

Wow... Houston Alexander doing nothing but running for the first round... Never thought I'd see a boring Alexander. Kimbo was impressive especially in his ground game, but he will need to work on his conditioning as well as his finishing off fights if he wants to get anywhere in the UFC.

As for Roy Nelson, I can't understand how he gets anywhere in his fights especially with that belly. Really looks like he doesn't take it seriously. And if anyone saw him in EliteXC against Andrei Arlovski... terrible! Dana's face just said it all... :laugh:

And a final note on Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz. Purely entertainment purposes! Chuck hasn't been the same for a while, really since his loss to Rampage. Sure, he beat Wanderlei but fatigued showed in that fight and he couldn't finish his off when he had the chances. He should let it rest and not try a Randy Couture because I just don't think he has it anymore and Tito might just have his number this time round.