I screwed up it wasnt an iso file, its an img, how do i get it to play

Question

Will i be able to do it with the free trial of nero? Daemon doesnt seem to recognize it, or if it does, I not smart enough to use it. If nero trial will work, can someone give me instructions on how to do it using nero? This is stuff ive never even tried before, and it seems like common sense to you all. Sorry for my ignorance, but i sure could use some help with this...

Mount it with daemon, then go to My Computer > virtual drive where the image is mounted > copy the files to a separate folder.

Once it is copied then you can recreate it as an iso.

rename it from *.iso to *.img, burn it with imgburn or something else or mount it as already posted.

you could also load the file with isobuster and extract the content and then reburn it.

Will i be able to do it with the free trial of nero? Daemon doesnt seem to recognize it, or if it does, I not smart enough to use it. If nero trial will work, can someone give me instructions on how to do it using nero? This is stuff ive never even tried before, and it seems like common sense to you all. Sorry for my ignorance, but i sure could use some help with this...

Dude no need to apologize for not knowing something - nobody here just woke up and knew all of this stuff.

You ask once, we tell/show you - then it will be common sense for you soon - and you will be answering support forum threads for someone else who is a n00b - gotta start somewhere

I realize there are 2 different angles here (as usual)

But have a look at ImgBurn's screenshots: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=screenshots

I dl'd the imgburn thing, the only real option it gave me was to extract it, so thats what im doing, but its putting it into 2 different folders, not sure how thats going to help me.

So far so good ;)

Ok, so got it to a folder that contains two folders, one audio, and one video. Found the file in the vid folder that opens and plays the dvd. What do I do next? Can I burn this to a dvd and it works on a regular dvd player? Is that why im soo confused?

Yes pretty much ;)

By the way instead of you extracting the ISO (or IMG) file to your HardDrive, you could have just as easily extracted (or rather burnt it) using ImgBurn directly to CD or DVD

By the way, depending upon restrictions on the ISO file itself, it is possible that not all DVD players will play it. But please try it ;)

Yes pretty much ;)

By the way instead of you extracting the ISO (or IMG) file to your HardDrive, you could have just as easily extracted (or rather burnt it) using ImgBurn directly to CD or DVD

By the way, depending upon restrictions on the ISO file itself, it is possible that not all DVD players will play it. But please try it ;)

How do i use imgburn to burn it to the dvd? Can I just right click on the folder and select send to dvd?

Hmm a quick Tutorial on ImgBurn from here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=guides

1. Load ImgBurn.

2. Switch to 'Write' mode.

3. Insert Disc in Burner.

4. Select Image to burn.

5. Click 'Write' button.

How do I switch to write mode?

I get three options at the top, file options and Help. Theres no choice of modes in any of the menus..

Actually instead of quoting me all the time, just use the Big button "Add Reply" in future

You know that small tutorial was a bit small :(

But if you look at the screen shot again: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=screenshots

You will be using: "Write Image File To Disc" great big button :)

And you are not burning the 2 folders, you are opening and burning (I say burn when I mean "write) the image file (being ISO or IMG, or what ever it is now ;)

Actually instead of quoting me all the time, just use the Big button "Add Reply" in future

You know that small tutorial was a bit small :(

But if you look at the screen shot again: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=screenshots

You will be using: "Write Image File To Disc" great big button :)

And you are not burning the 2 folders, you are opening and burning (I say burn when I mean "write) the image file (being ISO or IMG, or what ever it is now ;)

My copy of imgburn looks nothing like that : (

My copy of imgburn looks nothing like that : (

Grr no wonder, i was using isobuster. No wonder I couldnt match what ya were saying to what I was seeing.

Hehe Kim, thanks. Once I figured out that i dl'd the program someone else suggested, and not the one ya were talking about, it all made sense lol. Feel stupid bout that, but dont see how that was reason for a few people to make personal attacks. Thanks again Kim, sorry it was such a pain in the butt.

Grr no wonder, i was using isobuster. No wonder I couldnt match what ya were saying to what I was seeing.

instead of rushing you should have loaded up Google to see what an IMG file is . ... kimsland has truck loads of patience to deal with this /salute