[definitive] Best iPhone Apps

JellyCar - Free and awesome game with funny physics.

Facebook

Zenonia - amazing zelda type game, great graphics and gameplay. z

geoDefence - best TD out there - geometry wars graphics

StoneLoops of Jurassica - favorite game on my ipod

WeatherBug Elite - Necessity for the Florida summers.

CardStar - I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet. It's a genius of an app, let's you enter all of your Membership Club cards, to various grocery stores, drug stores, rental stores (blockbuster, etc) so you don't have to carry them around in your wallet. It's great! :)

I've demoed a ton of apps/games. My favorites are:

Apps:

SBSettings - by far the most useful app to have

Facebook

MySpace

Wikipanion

WeDict Pro

Sportacular

BofA

GuitarToolkit

Now Playing

iPhlix

Games:

Bloons

Fieldrunners

FlightControl

iCopter

iSpadez - I love spades, so this is my most played game

ParkingLot

Zenonia

Honorable Mentions:

Pandora

TV Forecast

JamBase

craigsphone

FreeMemory

byline - 2way syncing with your google reader account. after mail, my second most used iphone app. ive tried netnewswire and other rss-readers but as a google reader-user, there is nothing that can beat byline.

tweetie - awesome. there are good free alternatives but for me there is nothing better.

beejive IM 3.0 - a very nice IM with push. worth the money, imho.

instapaper free - the online bookmarking tool for the iphone. there is a 7,99€-version, too but i am good with the free one

camera bag - nice filters for the photos taken. really love it.

games:

seek'n'spell - this is gps-powered real world scrabble. huh? google it! awesome with friends. really.

kingdoms live - you could replace that with imafia, imob, rockstars live or whatever, like a browser game but nice and addictive. it somehow has push now, at least the last time i installed legend points it asked me if it could send me notifications, i havent got any yet, though.

steppin - a nice, casual stepping-game. like in school, with chalk and all. quite challanging.

flight control - addictive. nothing more to say. awesome app.

i must add that i dont really like "real" games on my iphone. i have tried a few, heroes of sparta, which is only 79cents now, asassins creed and brothers in arms and all and while they are all awesome, i find myself installing them, checking em out once or twice and then never open them again. i prefare casual timekillers.

except for one game:

the effin BEST iphone game in the world, seriously:

ENVIRO-BEAR! the first and only bear-driving-a-car-simulation.

its almost not to control but that is okay, mind you! bears dont know how to drive either. :p

those are the iphone apps i would buy/install everytime again. add facebook, which is nice and does the job and mobile butler, an app to track your minutes or messages left on your t-mobile contract, which offers the iphone in germany.

• 4 weeks later...

Applications

IM+ : My favourite Instant Messanger for Messenger & Facebook.

TwitterFon Pro : THE Best twitter client app for the iPhone.

Facebook : Name says it all

eBay : Keeping tracks of my auctions

videorecorder 3g : My favourite Video Recorder App

Mobile Minute : Keeps track of my balance for my 02 contract

Awesome Note : Personally think its better than the default Notes app and is major eye candy!

iFitness : Useful for when at the Gym and keep record of your weight, etc.

WunderRadio : My favourite Internet Radio App

Night Stand : Nice Alarm Clock

Feeds : RSS Reader which can load up your Google Reader Feeds - V.handy

WiFi Trak: Lets you know of wifi hotspots in the area.

TVGuide : Again, name says it all

PixelPipe : Allows me to upload pics and videos ive taken to various social sites (Twitter, Facebook, Photobucket,etc)

iTranslate : Am going on hols so nice to be able to speak the foreign language!

Tipulator : As seen on the iPhone TV Advert. Works out your bill cost and with tip.

iPhone Games

Sway

Real Soccer 09

Tetris

Invaders

Frogger

PacMan

The kingdom games, etc push notifications arent notifications as such, they just popup a red notifier with how many new events over the app icon when you are net connected.

Say you were attacked twice out of client, in your springboard a 2 should be imposed over the apps icon

The new update to NewsStand now sync's with Google Reader which makes this IMO the best RSS reader.

+1

It is now actually useful. If your phone crashed or you needed to restore, adding all the feeds back use to be a pain in the ass. Great app, very usable.

The new update to NewsStand now sync's with Google Reader which makes this IMO the best RSS reader.

about time someone else got the idea that syncing with google reader is a killer feature.

i bought byline a while back and am statisfied but thats nice to hear.

about time someone else got the idea that syncing with google reader is a killer feature.

i bought byline a while back and am statisfied but thats nice to hear.

The thing I like most about byline is the offline storing of messages, which I use on my iPod Touch. The Twitter feature of Newsstand is nice though.

The thing I like most about byline is the offline storing of messages, which I use on my iPod Touch. The Twitter feature of Newsstand is nice though.

see, i didnt even use newsstand long enough to realize it didnt have offline storing which i use alot on my iphone with byline since i work at a hospital and i put my phone in airplane mode. i then read the news offline.

i didnt use it though because it was too slow for my taste and there wasnt actually anything with byline that really bugged me so much that i felt the need to switch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looks nice, but $4...

if you made it $1 you would see a LOT more sales.

i would rather have all my news sites bookmarked in safari (as i do) then pay $4 then have to use the app constantly until it knows what i want to read.

you could also make a free version with ads in it, then people could try it without opening up installous and grabbing the full version.

looks nice, but $4...

if you made it $1 you would see a LOT more sales.

i would rather have all my news sites bookmarked in safari (as i do) then pay $4 then have to use the app constantly until it knows what i want to read.

Agreed, I'd buy it for 99 cents. 4 dollars is way too much.