.net framework

lyster    0

Just upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate. Things went very smoothly (in comparison with other OS upgrades I've done in the past) - but not perfectly. Microsoft Expression Web 2 will not install itself, and I strongly suspect (and have been told from other forums) that the .net framework is a likely culprit. When I went to the control panel to remove and re-install .net framework, I was surprised to see numerous foreign language versions installed and, as far as I can see, no English language version. What should I do to remove all these foreign language versions (I don't undersand the foreign language dialogs in the uninstall process) and to install English only?

ilovetech    7

removing the unnecessary language packs may help you?

1. click start orb, type "lpksetup".

2. right click the program & select run as administrator.

3. now select "uninstall display languages", then select languages you need to remove.

lyster    0
removing the unnecessary language packs may help you?

1. click start orb, type "lpksetup".

2. right click the program & select run as administrator.

3. now select "uninstall display languages", then select languages you need to remove.

Than you. Will try that. There are numberous entries in the control panel for these foreign language .net framework programs - but none for it in English. Is that normal? Or will I possibly need to install the English version? Where should I get that? Is it the same as the 64-bit Vista version?

lyster    0

Solved the problem by using compatability mode for Expression Web 2. (Would have thought Microsoft's product would work with their latest OS in native mode.)