Sherlock (UK BBC Series)

My brother has been telling me to watch this show for a long time now, so I finally sat down to watch it a week or two ago. It is really spectacular. My girlfriend and I caught up with the end of season 2, so we're ready for season 3. It's lame that it's out in the UK already and won't air in the US for another two weeks. Maybe I'll need to find another way to get the episodes...

The trailer looks amazing. I haven't watched the "mini-episode" yet. Is that something we should watch prior to watching 3x1?

Only watched the first two something minutes and turned it off. Didn't buy that bull****, at all.

Will try to avoid spoilers and watch the season whole at once, when it will be over. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed like I was with that bs explanation.

I personally thought the thought craft idea from the beginning with the mask was much better than the explanation Sherlock gave to the guy later on. However, my wife prefered the goth girls explanation better lol.

Only watched the first two something minutes and turned it off. Didn't buy that bull****, at all.

Will try to avoid spoilers and watch the season whole at once, when it will be over. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed like I was with that bs explanation.

You need to watch the whole episode. What you think is real isn't.

It was a good episode, I laughed a lot, though I felt like the whole Sherlock part was missing, yea there was a little deduction stuff, but not as much as I like.

Just finished watching it, and I am really satisfied with the episode  :D ! Loved the second explanation where

Sherlock and Moriarty kissed  :p

Scirwode

My wife and I loved it. It's her favorite episode yet, and definitely the funniest one so far.

I'm bummed that Moriarty really is dead, though I don't recall it being definitively determined. The buried body wasn't Moriarty's, so then what happened to his body? Moriarty only appeared in two books, so I guess it's fitting that he not linger either. With his network gone during the two year span, I'm inclined to think that he is dead. Also, not being able to watch it with captions was an exercise to say the least!

Anyone else thing that Episode 2 was rather boring.

I like how all the stories tied together at the end but actually watching the episode through was just painful.

I like how all the stories tied together at the end but actually watching the episode through was just painful.

Completely agree. I suppose one could argue that the ending paid off, but to get there was rather slow.

Yeap, once you have figured out who the victim would be, you could easily figure out the reason and the prime suspect. The way the murderer did it though, was original.

It was a decent episode, cool how it all wrapped up to be 1 case.  Though for a show with only 3 episodes per-season (already 2 down) it hasn't been as good as the other two seasons.  I like that they are hour and a half episodes.. but there is no real story to this right now.. outside of Johns wedding.

Yet again, the second episode isn't up to par. The first episode was less story, more reaction to Sherlock's return, so you'd figure the second episode wouldn't more or less follow the same formula, but they did, and man did it drag. Tying it all together was nice, but surely the execution could have been more entertaining.

I don't know what was worse, Sherlock's dragged out speech or the pub crawl.

You make three episodes every two years and two of them have little to do with the case?! Poppycock!

I'm enjoying it so far. 

Sherlock's parents were played by Cumberbatch's real parents.

Do you also realise that John's wife, Mary is Martin Freeman's actual long time partner; Amanda Abbington? I think he has two kids with her.

I turned it off half way.  It was tedious.

The thing I don't get is that Cumberbatch and Freeman are two of the most expensive actors in the UK today but Gatiss and Moffat waste all that money (and the viewers time) on a lazily written, overly long piece of fan fiction. I really don't understand why anyone at the BBC allows those two to write anything.

• Like 2

Love the first two series of Sherlock but these past two episodes have been painful to watch. Feels like Moffat spent a few weeks reading all the craziness on reddit and similar discussion groups and used all of that to base the episodes on then when he realised he needed a story as well he had a quick look on his shelf of DVDs and saw V for Vendetta and thought to himself "ohh I could borrow that story" and just plugged it into the last 15 minutes.

Has just been boring. I don't care how Sherlock survived anymore. I read all of the stupid possibilities online 2 years ago I just wanted an actual answer but now I just don't care. For a show that has a hard (i.e. no ads) 85 minutes for each episode it is shocking how much time they wasted on pointless crap only to quickly plug in an actual story in the last 15 minutes.

The thing I don't get is that Cumberbatch and Freeman are two of the most expensive actors in the UK today but Gatiss and Moffat waste all that money (and the viewers time) on a lazily written, overly long piece of fan fiction. I really don't understand why anyone at the BBC allows those two to write anything.

yes this,

I understand that they are trying to setup an overarching story but that is not necessary with a story such as Sherlock Holmes. you can do one of stories and people would loyally watch it with out issue. Or even do one offs with points that end up in an overall story arc. but they dont they put it all on as if you could play the series as a movie.

so far it has been working for this but this series not so much.