Meet Firefox 4.0.1

today's build feels snappier , anyone can do some benchmark between the yest and today's build?

woah! <200mb used right now , awesome!

wow, just 7 blockers, impressive, was around 43 yesterday. 2 of the ones left are critical. I haven't had many issues at all with beta 8 luckily. Remember to restart firefox in order to disable d2d, just done that now, text is sooo much easier to read :)

I have been reporting this issue with the FF 4 builds for a while now and it has still caused me a problem with the latest nightly...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Home.htm

selecting any product on the above site and then trying to read the customer reviews will just reveal...

"Review retrieval timed out"

the same as when I reported it here...

http://forums.mozill...?f=23&t=2043971

apart from reporting the site each time I try a new nightly I'm not sur ewhat I can do to try and get the problem resolved with the 4.xx build of FF.

I can confirm this is a problem, probably with ajax I'm guessing. The site works in Fx3 and IE8.

Why not use the portable version of Firefox 4 Beta then so you don't have to! http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable/test

That or a second pc but I highly doubt everyone here has that. You can even try the latest nightly minefield build as well if you really want.

Hmm, forgot about Portable Apps. Thanks.

Though I can't run it on my Mac, I guess I'll run it through my VM.

I have been reporting this issue with the FF 4 builds for a while now and it has still caused me a problem with the latest nightly...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Home.htm

selecting any product on the above site and then trying to read the customer reviews will just reveal...

"Review retrieval timed out"

only a month ago i delayed purchasing my pan sets from argos because it kept coming up with that - only once i realised it worked in chrome, i purchased them

Though i didn't report it as i just presumed it was Argos' website - after all we all know that Argos' website has the odd mistake (if price, picture or otherwise) :p

Does this happen to anyone else?

I pinned Gmail as an app tab and every time I restart Firefox it always "takes to long to load."

Its fine once I refresh the page, but its really annoying...

I hardly have any add-ons, and I disabled the ones I was using and it still happens.

gmailproblem.jpg

yes i get the exact same problem occasionally and i have gmail as an app tab

yes i get the exact same problem occasionally and i have gmail as an app tab

I used to get it too, even before Fx4 and app tabs. I had to use "html mode" to get it to work.

I think it might have to do something with cookies. I remember having similiar problem back in Firefox 3.0.x days. Maybe try deleting gmail cookies ?

Yeah, sometimes a ctrl-F5 does the trick.

down to 4 bugs now, 1 is critical, mozilla have said beta 9 will be out next week.

Got a link to the remaining bugs? I always forget what to search for on mozilla bugs.

My google search seems to have disappeared, the search bar is still there, but i cant select any search engines.. Anyone else had this problem?

*edit* fixed now, they were disabled for some strange reason..

Bug 572160 - Put tabs in the title bar when the window is maximized RESOLVED FIXED!

woohoo :D

edit : bah , i am late :/

How is that supposed to work when I also have my buttons there?

post-302244-0-57873700-1294434290.png

97166676.png

Bug 572160 - Put tabs in the title bar when the window is maximized RESOLVED FIXED!

woohoo :D

edit : bah , i am late :/

97166676.png

I see. Interesting concept either way. I think this will look nicer on smaller laptops/netbooks than it will on a large desktop screen.