Brock Lesnar, Cain Velasquez Agree to Fight at UFC 121

Brock Lesnar will make his next title defense against Cain Velasquez at UFC 121.

UFC president Dana White confirmed with MMA Fighting Friday night that the heavyweight title fight will take place at the yet-to-be officially announced event, scheduled for Oct. 23 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Lesnar, 5-1, is coming off a riveting second-round submission win over Shane Carwin at UFC 116 last weekend in Las Vegas. Prior to the win, he had been on the sidelines due to a battle with diverticulitis.

Meanwhile, Velasquez most recently knocked out Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 110 in Australia this past February. The American Kickboxing Academy member is a perfect 8-0 in his MMA career.

The last UFC event to be held at the Honda Center in Anaheim was UFC 76 in September 2007, which was highlighted by Keith Jardine's upset win over Chuck Liddell.

Source

I don't think we've seen the full potential of Cain yet. Hopefully this match will bring it out.

His fight with Kongo was the only one to go three rounds. The rest have been stoppages.

I don't think we've seen the full potential of Cain yet. Hopefully this match will bring it out.

His fight with Kongo was the only one to go three rounds. The rest have been stoppages.

While true, it was Kongo! Kongo is a very mediocre fighter, and nowhere near the wrestling threat of Brock. JDS will be the better match against Brock, sometime next year.

I really don't like Lesnar, but I don't see Cain winning this fight. I think Lesnar is just too big for him. He'll just take him down and stay on top of the opponent like he does everyone else.

Im not a Lesnar fan either but i'll still watch the fight. I agree he'll probably beat Cain, but hen again anything can happen on the night, his last fight i think he got lucky personally.

Everyone is already ignoring Cain and antecipating Lesnar vs JDS... or even better Lesnar vs Roy Nelson.

Altough I don't really see JDS losing to Roy because by MMAth, JDS beat Fedor! :shiftyninja:

Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann is on for UFC 121. This is going to be an awesome fight :woot:

Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann is on for UFC 121. This is going to be an awesome fight :woot:

woot just this second read that Jake has signed, going to be good!

Also confirmed Diego Sanchez vs Paulo Thiago! 121 is quickly becoming a massive PPV :woot:

Don't know if it will be capable of topping Lesnar vs Carwin but it's still totally awesome.

Tito Ortiz to Face Matt Hamill at UFC 121

The "Iceman" may want a third crack at him, and rumors of a Forrest Griffin trilogy have also made the rounds, but Tito Ortiz will have a fresh matchup when he next steps inside the octagon.

A source with knowledge of the situation told MMA Fighting that "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" will face Matt Hamill at UFC 121, and UFC President Dana White subsequently confirmed the matchup in a text message.

Brendan Schaub vs. Gabriel Gonzaga is also on. I don't know if Schaub is ready for Gonzaga yet. He may channel his inner Cro Cop again :rofl:

UFC 121 looks totally awesome in terms of fights.

• 3 weeks later...

The cards looks like this:

Main Card

Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez (for heavyweight title)

Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields (WW)

Paulo Thiago vs. Diego Sanchez (WW)

Tito Ortiz vs. Matt Hamill (LHW)

Brendan Schaub vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (HW)

Preliminary Card (Reported, but not yet announced)

Ryan Jensen vs. Court McGee (MW)

Todd Duffee vs. Jon Madsen (HW)

Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor (MW)

Sam Stout vs. Paul Taylor (LW)

Mike Guymon vs. Daniel Roberts (WW)

Chris Camozzi vs. Dongi Yang (MW)

Source: CagePotato

All of them are great fights. This is a monster of a card, prelims included.