Just finished it. Typical brilliance from Valve. Not quite as good as the first, but that could possibly be down to the first being more of a surprise and an unknown than anything else. Still, Valve are the masters when it comes to characters.

I found the ones based on the gels the hardest. Most of the other ones were fine, but the gel ones didn't seem to click for me. I thought the length of the game was fine though. Maybe I just took longer than others? Not sure. But worth the money anyway.

Gonna go back and play the first one sometime soon :).

btw -

Companion Cube FTW!!

Just finished the SP campaign as well. Definitely very good.

I really thought from all of the trailers it was going to be much more difficult then the first. I am very glad it was not. :laugh:

I think taking it in relatively small chunks like I did actually helped. It let me approach almost everything with a fairly fresh mind. I feel as if with the first game I played it and actually developed mental fatigue so to speak.

I really liked the whole end as well. :yes:

I have tried and tried and still have not managed to clear the test chamber in 70 seconds. Then I see videos like this and now I think I just want to quit :p

I have tried and tried and still have not managed to clear the test chamber in 70 seconds. Then I see videos like this and now I think I just want to quit :p

Holy crap thats insane

That test in 70s took me about 4 attempts, but I feel your pain since you don't have a timer to tell you if you're on target. Doing tests quickly is all about putting portals in convenient places so that you can progress to the next part of the puzzle as quickly as possible. Plan your portals as far ahead as possible (or be a portal genius of some regard, like the guy in the video :p). If you've not got two portals in the right places, you've missed an opportunity :)

He is right about the no replay value while wating for the community stuff comes out. It also not a good sign when a games price drops from 59.99 to 34.99 for the console versions and $49 to $29 for PC on amazon (mortal kombat is still is the $50'ish zone) and still has as $28 buy back credit for the console versions. Hell that is a good deal for PS3 people. $34.99 get you Portal 2 with a free copy for PC (when PSN is back up and running), play it, beat it, sell it back and get $28 credit and keep the PC version for the community maps.

Yeah, it only took me a few hours over the course of about three days to finish (only about 2-3 hours a day, if that), but I didn't feel cheated on length like I did with Fable III. It felt satisfying. I was pleased with the length and the ending, though I am eager for new DC to keep me playing in the future (because I love it so much). I'm also happy with the achievements and the relative ease with which they are attained. It's not that I don't like a challenge, but a lot of times I don't feel the urge to even try for achievements.

The downside for me, as others have mentioned, is that it does have very little replay value (though I'm pleased with the addition of co-op, which I'm currently finishing up with my fella). At least the last one had further challenges, like placing only a set number of portals per course, or finishing each course in a set amount of time for a gold medal, etc..

Yeah, that's crazy. But there's another video out there that really helped me with that achievement. For me, it was just a matter of going step-by-step with the video. It took a few times of practice before I had it down, but overall it was fairly easy.

Does anyone know where the world Portal is? The commentary stated that they left one in from development or something.

Does anyone know where the world Portal is? The commentary stated that they left one in from development or something.

I don't understand your question. I'm not sure if it's a grammatical issue or what, but I don't get what you're asking.

Do you mean where Portal 2 takes place in the world? A newspaper clipping I seem to recall from one of the levels stated Aperature bought a large mining facility in Michigan, so I'm assuming that's where it is.

I don't understand your question. I'm not sure if it's a grammatical issue or what, but I don't get what you're asking.

Do you mean where Portal 2 takes place in the world? A newspaper clipping I seem to recall from one of the levels stated Aperature bought a large mining facility in Michigan, so I'm assuming that's where it is.

It was in the commentaries - they stated (Valve) that they used to use portals to connect each puzzle early in development, and they left one in as an easter egg as some sort of infinite drop or something.

It was in the commentaries - they stated (Valve) that they used to use portals to connect each puzzle early in development, and they left one in as an easter egg as some sort of infinite drop or something.

Oh, no, I don't think anyone's found that yet.

How I understood it, the portal is between rooms because the rooms would be inside of each other otherwise.

since larry stood me up like was the ugly duckling at the high school prom, anyone else here down for some coop? preferably someone who hasn't played it yet?

he didn't call or anything :'( ...

since larry stood me up like was the ugly duckling at the high school prom, anyone else here down for some coop? preferably someone who hasn't played it yet?

he didn't call or anything :'( ...

Dude, seriously... it's for the best... I heard Larry brag about how he was going to deflower your Portal 2 co-op virginity. You want your first time to be special, not someone who just wants to take your first time! :wub:

^ Dude.... That just sounds wrong... :pinch:

Dude, seriously... it's for the best... I heard Larry brag about how he was going to deflower your Portal 2 co-op virginity. You want your first time to be special, not someone who just wants to take your first time! :wub:

i'd plus 1 this if i could...

I really was looking forward to popping his cherry. :rofl: :shiftyninja:

In all seriousness sorry rajput, just time is limited these days and I did get sidetracked by that stupid World Of Tanks game that one night. If you never find anyone there is still definitely a chance, but as I said definitely do what you need to do.

I really was looking forward to popping his cherry. :rofl: :shiftyninja:

In all seriousness sorry rajput, just time is limited these days and I did get sidetracked by that stupid World Of Tanks game that one night. If you never find anyone there is still definitely a chance, but as I said definitely do what you need to do.

you could be worth the wait. i'm in the same boat anyways. plus i just got brink and start a new job in a week so who knows when coop will happen now.

If Einstein Worked at Aperture Science he might have said...

?Intellectuals solve test chambers, geniuses create them?

?Insanity: Going through the same portal over and over again and expecting different results.?

?People love making portals. In this activity one immediately sees results.?

Many More here, with pics!

Being a girl gamer, I work hard to gain the respect of my piers, whether they be male or female. But there is just something about you that makes me grit my? teeth and bang my head upon my desk until the point of submission.

I feel you owe me an apology, as I have been using so much of my time to show how girl gamers, like the two of us, can, and in fact are, as good, if not better, than guy gamers. But no. And all I have to say to you is this:

You, good lady, are an insult to my intelligence.

comment on youtube :rofl: