[Official] F1 2010 - Neowin Championship game!

367144271.png

So I was thinking why not have a little competition amongst ourselves here at Neowin? So I started this thread as a leaderboard for laptimes in F1 2010.

Mode must be Time Trial, use any aids you like but prefer all aids off.

The Rules:

1) One entry per person. (For example you can only enter your 360 gamertag)

2) You must add the competition "Leaders" to your Xbox live, PSN or live for windows account to clarify your time.

3) All/any aids/setups allowed.

4) Entry to a Time Trial must be submitted before the Monday of that race week. Entry into 1 Time Trial enters you into the season. (Yes, you can start in 6 weeks time)

5) Times for each circuit will be taken on the Sunday of the race week. This means you can set a time for every curcuit now however in 10 weeks time you cannot submit a time for the first 9 circuits.

6) On the sunday the officials will add the times set by entrants and I will work out points and official order from there.

"The officials"

Xbox 360 - Nicholas-c - Hydraulictrash

PS3 -

PC - م ahmz - bokuwahmz

Calender:

October 4th - 10th: Bahrain

October 11th - 17th: Melbourne

October 18 - 24th: Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

October 25th - 31st: Shanghai (China)

November 1st - 7th: Catalunya (Spain)

November 8th - 14th: Monte Carlo (Monoco)

November 15th - 21st: Istanbul (Turkey)

November 22nd - 28th: Montreal (Canada ('ey))

November 29th - December 5th: Valencia (Spain - EU GP)

December 6th - 12th: Silverstone (UK)

December 13th - 19th: Hockenhiem (Germany)

December 20th - January 2nd: Holiday break!!

January 3rd - 9th: Budapest

January 10th - 16th: Spa (Belgium)

January 17th - 23rd: Monza (Italy)

January 14th - 30th: Marina Bay (Singapore)

January 31st - February 6th: Suzuka (Japan)

February 7th - 13th: Yeongam (Korean)

February 14th - 20th: Sao Paulo (Brazil)

February 21st - 27th: Yas Marina (Abu dhabi)

Points rewarded by time set:

First - 25

Second - 18

Third - 15

Fourth - 12

Fifth - 10

Sixth - 8

Seventh - 6

Eighth - 4

Ninth - 2

Tenth - 1

Prizes - From Nicholas-c

More info to come ;)

Current Entrants:

Nicholas-c - Hydraulictrash [360]

م ahmz - bokuwahmz

WasterJoker - WastedJoker365

Mike - devolition

Mr_Edwardo - Mr Edwardo

Current Leaderboard:

Well I've been busy trying to get my wheel sensation to a good level so I picked Australian Grand Prix to do it - it has a nice mix of fast and slow corners which let me get a good feel etc.

Anyway, here's the result of my best lap during that testing.

f1-1.jpg

So, if you compare my time to the ones from the real F1 this year - http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/825/6711/fastest_laps.html

My time was 1:29.649....

Am I actually doing ok? lol

Mode must be Time Trial, use any aids you like but prefer all aids off.

I agree. I don't see what the point is with driver aids or the virtual racing line. It's just cheating.

1, F1 hasn't used ABS since the early 90's... 1993.

2, Traction Control was dropped after 2007.

3, Don't be lame using any form of the virtual racing line, thats why there is 300/200/100/50 meter markers at the sides of the tracks.

or what ever time you post, mention the aids used + gamepad/steering wheel/keyboard.

maybe like this format:

Time: xx.xx.xx

Aids: brake help / TC (f/m) / ABS (post whats ON)

Input: KB / Wheel / gamepad

i'm playing with xbox 360 gamepad :D

On the above point, my times were (and all of my times will be) done with TC/ABS off, driving/braking assist off and driving line off. Only "aid" i have on is auto gearbox but i may end up turning that off at some point. Also times are on PS3 with logitech driving force gt wheel.

Ok as someone pointed out it's probably best to just keep this thread for IDs. Once we add each other we can all see the "Friends Leaderboard" in-game! It also displays if one is using driving aids (A) or a custom setup (S).

Agreed that the Friends leaderboard is probably the easiest way to track people's best times.

However, would it be a good idea to set a kind of 'challenge' each week, so we can all concentrate on a particular track? Not sure about everyone else, but I know I'll never have the time to set quick times on every single track.

So for example, for the next week we could run, say, Bahrain. Then the leader at the end of that week wins?

Ed

Agreed that the Friends leaderboard is probably the easiest way to track people's best times.

However, would it be a good idea to set a kind of 'challenge' each week, so we can all concentrate on a particular track? Not sure about everyone else, but I know I'll never have the time to set quick times on every single track.

So for example, for the next week we could run, say, Bahrain. Then the leader at the end of that week wins?

Ed

So... F1 2010 World Championship. Neowin edition? :p

Every week we do a new circuit, the Sunday of that week the person with the fastest time gets 25 points and so on?

Sounds good.

If I may, let's focus on Suzuka this week since the next GP is at Suzuka.

Next week we'll focus on Korea etc.

Winner will be announced on Race day, but you'll need to add me to your Friend's list so that I can see it, and also post your GFWL name in this thread.

Round 1: Suzuka

Suzuka it is! I'll set some times this evening :)

If we could keep all of the GFWL names of those involved in the first post, it'd be useful for anyone wanting to join in - simply add all of those users.

I am Mr Edwardo, think I've added everyone else here so far...

Updated! See first post!

^ Good stuff! :)

If you have already set a time for Suzuka, not to worry, as the time will still be valid.

With points being handed out up to 10th position on all 3 platforms, it should really encourage participation.

I have more people on my Friends list than just Neowin members, so I will only be counting IDs posted in this thread.

Let the Neowin F1 2010 championship begin!

Looks like I'm the first one to 'lay down the gauntlet'... just did a 1.30.648 (no assists). A full 3 seconds off the world record :(

On the plus side, that puts me in the top 50 worldwide, woo!

Let's see what you've got guys ;)