NBA Elite 11 Delayed; NBA Jam To Ship Separately By Holidays

Just one week before it was scheduled to hit shelves, EA Sports on Monday indefinitely delayed NBA Elite 11 for the Xbox 360 and PS3, indicating that quality concerns raised by the demo's dismal showing necessitated the postponement.

Rumors spread quickly when several major retailers either dropped or changed the game's release date to 2011. EA Sports President Peter Moore confirmed the delay moments ago on his official blog.

"Unfortunately, NBA Elite 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month's launch," Moore said, without specifying a new release date. "The decision to delay NBA ELITE was hard because the game has great promise. But ultimately we feel this is the right thing to do. We've been making steady progress on basketball for the past few years and it's going to take extra time to make the game."

NBA Jam, the arcade-style two-on-two game also due on Oct. 5, will still ship on that date for the Wii. The PS3 and Xbox 360 version was to have been included with a free download code in NBA Elite 11. Moore said that game will now be a standalone product that will arrive "in time for the holidays." He did not indicate a price point or if this will be a physical retail release or digital download.

I know there are not a lot of hoops fans here, but thought this was pretty interesting news, and I also do know there were a few people like myself who were interested in NBA Jam, which now looks like it will be a separate digital download, which to me is actually good news as long as they keep it reasonably priced.

Source (With More) - Kotaku

Well I will stick with the Wii version for next week and will check out the XBLA version of it when it gets released...

Damn, did not realize the Wii version came out so soon even though I read the article, just did not put 2+2 together. Nice.

Damn, did not realize the Wii version came out so soon even though I read the article, just did not put 2+2 together. Nice.

Yup.. just sux about no online multiplayer.. would have been nice to hold me over until XBLA version comes out.

This is great news for those that wanted NBA Jam but didn't want to pay for that crap that is NBA Live, errr... Elite. Wonder what they'll change their name to next year to an attempt to shake off their failures.

I'm certain the majority of basketball fans/gamers are much more interested and are counting the days left on the release of NBA2k11 on the 5th!

Can't wait to try the trial on XBLA of Jam.

Good to see a developer willing to continue working on a title they don't think meets their standards.

A week before launch after videos were made of horrible glitches in the demo.

I doubt they release this and just scrap it and come back next year (ala Madden).

http://kotaku.com/5650545/death-visits-the-resurrection-of-nba-elite

A week before launch after videos were made of horrible glitches in the demo.

I doubt they release this and just scrap it and come back next year (ala Madden).

http://kotaku.com/5650545/death-visits-the-resurrection-of-nba-elite

IMO, the glitches found in the demo really shouldn't be that hard to squash in a month or two's time. I can reasonably see it getting released given the length of the NBA's season and the start date.

Not bothered about NBA Jam, but I was gutted that the full title was delayed.

Not sure how it's going to pan out for them releasing in the Spring and the following iteration :/ Their whole working calendar just changed big time, how are they going to persuade people to buy the next title just 6 months after, or will it be a permanent change of release dates...

• 5 weeks later...