Angry Birds available for Android (Free*)

Works great on HTC Hero.

If you are having problems, get astro file manager. Then go to the post on here where someone created a mirror. Download from that link, and then use astro file manager to install.

Works great on HTC Hero.

If you are having problems, get astro file manager. Then go to the post on here where someone created a mirror. Download from that link, and then use astro file manager to install.

Too much work for me honestly, plus ES File Explorer is better according to 90% of the comparisons I have seen between it and Astro. :p

Too much work for me honestly, plus ES File Explorer is better according to 90% of the comparisons I have seen between it and Astro. :p

eh, what ever floats your boat. Mine worked and caused no trouble :p but I have been using astro for quite some bit already.

Yeah I guess the ads just were not enabled yet, as I played for a little bit when I was just eating lunch, and the ads are definitely there now, start of every level. While slightly annoying, they do not stop gameplay at all, you can start playing even if they are there, so I can definitely live with them for now.

Finally was able to get mine off the getjar site, only made it to 1-12 so far, but its much better than the beta (same gameplay but so many more levels and much more variety in the levels).

It's up on the Market btw. I got the email this morning and it was there when I searched for it around noon. Glad to finally have the full version of the game!

It's up on the Market btw. I got the email this morning and it was there when I searched for it around noon. Glad to finally have the full version of the game!

Must have JUST went up minutes ago.....AppBrain shows <50 downloads (granted AppBrain doesn't cover everyone who uses the market directly, it does cover a large amount of android users). I had been checking on and off all day, as of an hour ago it was not in the market (at least, it didn't show up when I had searched), but I luckily was able to get it through the getjar website instead.

I absolutely love this game. Addictive. And great to see more developers releasing games for Android. The fact that the game is free is even more awesome, the ads are unobtrusive and go away when you start playing anyway.

Great stuff, A+

Maker of ?Angry Birds? Acquired for $20 Million by Electronic Arts [REPORT]

http://mashable.com/2010/10/20/angry-birds-electronic-arts/

The company behind the popular ?Angry Birds? mobile game ? Chillingo ? has reportedly been acquired by Electronic Arts for $20 million in cash.

An EA spokesperson tells Reuters that, ?By acquiring Chillingo, EA Mobile is increasing its market leadership on the Apple Platform as well as reaffirming its position as the world?s leading wireless entertainment publisher.?

Angry Bids has been a staple near the top of the charts in the iPhone app store and debuted on Android back in September. Chillingo made Angry Birds free for Android users just this past weekend.

For EA, the deal represents yet another move into the emerging areas of social and mobile gaming. Last year, the company acquired popular Facebook game developer Playfish for $400 million, a move that recently led the company to launch a Facebook version of the popular ?Madden? football game.

More to come ?

For more Business coverage: