Recuva Alternative for Mac?

Couldn't Time Machine serve your needs? Recuva restores deleted files on your HDD, right? Assuming you've used Time Machine for quite some time, you should be able to find an older backup with the file that may have been deleted.

Couldn't Time Machine serve your needs? Recuva restores deleted files on your HDD, right? Assuming you've used Time Machine for quite some time, you should be able to find an older backup with the file that may have been deleted.

Let's assume he's lost photos on an SD card......

Anyhow, in all honesty, the very very best program I found so far is a windows program: PhotoRescue Advanced (or Pro, if you want).

It really digs what all other programs wouldn't be able to see anymore for me at least twice.

Using nothing less... I'd even setup a virtual machine just to be able to run that baby.

That having said, I'd try going to iusethis.com and searching something like "recover" or "restore" and maybe add "photo" if that is your specific wish.

Sort by usage or so and pick a few apps, google them.

That's not an alternative to this thread, hence I don't wanna see it getting closed or so haha, just saying, that whilst waiting for good answers you can feed your inner wish to "do something" about it :)

Glassed Silver:mac

Thanks for the response. Yeah it's from an SD Card. Is that Photo Rescue free?

Let's assume he's lost photos on an SD card......

Anyhow, in all honesty, the very very best program I found so far is a windows program: PhotoRescue Advanced (or Pro, if you want).

It really digs what all other programs wouldn't be able to see anymore for me at least twice.

Using nothing less... I'd even setup a virtual machine just to be able to run that baby.

That having said, I'd try going to iusethis.com and searching something like "recover" or "restore" and maybe add "photo" if that is your specific wish.

Sort by usage or so and pick a few apps, google them.

That's not an alternative to this thread, hence I don't wanna see it getting closed or so haha, just saying, that whilst waiting for good answers you can feed your inner wish to "do something" about it :)

Glassed Silver:mac