Dumb questions but I haven't been keeping up:

Have to play through Origin?

ANY (at all) news of SW:TOR for Mac?

Noticing the specs, I figured I could install bootcamp +Win7; but I only have ~50GB left (2008 MacBook Pro with small HDD).

What is the minimum for this Win7 on Bootcamp (up to date) as well as this game. I would add about 10GB to your estimate for OS/Game updates.

Dumb questions but I haven't been keeping up:

Have to play through Origin?

ANY (at all) news of SW:TOR for Mac?

Noticing the specs, I figured I could install bootcamp +Win7; but I only have ~50GB left (2008 MacBook Pro with small HDD).

What is the minimum for this Win7 on Bootcamp (up to date) as well as this game. I would add about 10GB to your estimate for OS/Game updates.

Origin is a DL service like impulse (at least for now) so you just use it to update the game if needed, its not always on like Steam.

As for macs I believe they said it will not be on mac (at least at launch), but boot camp works great for the game if you want to play it.

Origin is a DL service like impulse (at least for now) so you just use it to update the game if needed, its not always on like Steam.

As for macs I believe they said it will not be on mac (at least at launch), but boot camp works great for the game if you want to play it.

Specifically interested now in the part I bolded, does this mean you have played via Bootcamp (or link to anything about people that have); I'm on a MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz Core 2Duo/ 4GB RAM/ Nvidia 8600M GT,

so if i pre order can i play now? I havent been able to find if early accses means sometime in the future, or now

No, you can't play just yet. Early Access will take place sometime in the near future.

[Possible Leak]

I was looking around on the net for SWTOR things, as I do very, very, very often as I'm hopelessly obsessed with this game and want to play it very much. And I found this:

Here is what I am going to start out by saying. Take this with a grain of salt, and I mean a grain, because it does not come from anyone at BioWare, LucasArts, or EA. However it does come from a company who is creating what is easily the coolest looking peripherals that you will ever see be released with a game.

After watching all the E3 footage hitting the internet as of late I was directed to a video on DarthHater?s website where Dover did an awesome interview covering the new peripherals from Razer. I?ll link the video below. We have some details on the new products here if you missed it yesterday, but you get a better idea of the cool new toys from Dover?s video.

What you will probably miss because I did the first time as well, the beginning of the video the interviewee states that the products will launch WITH SWTOR. The exact comment the gentleman makes is:

?Today we are looking at the Star Wars: The Old Republic peripherals that we designed with LucasArts and BioWare that are coming out WITH the game later this year? HOPEFULLY?

So your key words there; WITH SWTOR, and HOPEFULLY.

At the end of the video right after they finish discussing the headphones, (which are SEXY by the way) at 4:15 he states:

?These are the official peripherals for Star Wars: The Old Republic and their coming out hopefully November.?

There you go folks, IF these peripherals are indeed to be released with Star Wars: The Old Republic and what this gentleman has said is true. The Star Wars: The Old Republic is slated for a November 2011 release date.

There are a lot of IF?s and HOPEFULLY?s in there, so as I said in the beginning take it with a grain of salt. But, it?s definitely something to think about.

Here's the link: http://www.torocast.com/index.php/ne...r-release-date

Now I know it's reaching at strings, but Bioware did officially confirm that SWTOR is still confirmed for a 2011 release. Rumors of a November release date aren't entirely new, but this IS the first time I've seen it in writing. Not that this is in anyway official. But ALOT of games seem to be coming out in November. Again, I know this isn't official.

Source

I bit the bullet and chucked my new cellphone savings toward a collectors edition instead of a standard. Canceled my standard order, and ordered the CE. :)

Kinda excited now.

I can deal with a "paid" beta while they shore everything up over the 2-3 months after release.

Unfortunately many of the issues in the game currently cannot be ironed out in 2-3 months, make it 9-12 and then you might be talking about some realistic time span for fixing the major issues.

Although the ridicilous concentration on single player for the first 40 levels cannot really be fixed.

Unfortunately many of the issues in the game currently cannot be ironed out in 2-3 months, make it 9-12 and then you might be talking about some realistic time span for fixing the major issues.

Although the ridicilous concentration on single player for the first 40 levels cannot really be fixed.

Well I've yet to see these kind of comments anywhere else yet so I still feel fine about the game. I mean SP maybe but Bioware hasn't tried to hide that.

After watching all of the videos, all of the trailers and viewing every last scrape of information I can find - I still can't even begin to try to like what i'm seeing.

And i've been following the game for years. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and anything in the universe involving it...

Something about the game just... Seems so off. I have a feeling it is going to end up like Rift, popular for 2-3 months then decline rapidly...

You do realise why MMO have not the top of the range graphics, its so it can work on almost any computer and it can appeal to many people.

The beta completely destroyed my 2x3.2GHz Xeon+2x285GTX's (and it doesn't use more than 2 cores at tops, although it seemed to use 1 core for the rendering engine and the other .exe was possibly a debug thread or something else, they never did tell us what it was. Also memory usage was pretty hideous and loading times were also quite long, for example entering/exiting a PVP warzone took anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds. SLI was completely broken at the time, possibly fixed in a newer build - shadows didn't work and there was massive graphical corruption with an SLI setup.)

It's going to be a lot of things but it's not going to run on "any computer", not even close.

Move along then.... You do realise why MMO have not the top of the range graphics, its so it can work on almost any computer and it can appeal to many people.

Animations are quite decent for an MMO and the Voice acting is not bad at all its the first MMO to every be fully voiced. The choice system is excellent too.

Guess you never heard of EverQuest 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Age of Conan, etc. All have/had beefy requirements for their time and were graphically awesome.

The animations are quite bad. No commercial MMO has animations as bad as TOR does. They are blockier and more ridiculous than even WoW's.

Guess you never heard of EverQuest 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Age of Conan, etc. All have/had beefy requirements for their time and were graphically awesome.

The animations are quite bad. No commercial MMO has animations as bad as TOR does. They are blockier and more ridiculous than even WoW's.

And outside of EQ2 how many of those had a million +subs (did EQ2 even get that high?)

And outside of EQ2 how many of those had a million +subs (did EQ2 even get that high?)

WoW, Lineage, and Lineage 2 are the only commercial MMOs to develop a stable 1 million+ subscriptions.

There are several factors why other MMOs never achieved the stable 1 million+ subscriptions.

System requirements and graphics probably being one of the lowest reasons on the ladder.

WoW, Lineage, and Lineage 2 are the only commercial MMOs to develop a stable 1 million+ subscriptions.

There are several factors why other MMOs never achieved the stable 1 million+ subscriptions.

System requirements and graphics probably being one of the lowest reasons on the ladder.

No but they are a pretty good reason. Why did WoW climb so high? O look some kid got a brand new laptop with bad power but wait WoW can run on it. Yes nice graphics and animations(for the record SWTOR are fine to me) are a + but this game is not being based around it. I think the majority of MMO players don't look to a MMO to push graphic boundaries and in fact would prefer it didn't. Even good computers start to stutter in raiding on with 25 players working through spell animations along with adds and the boss.

The beta completely destroyed my 2x3.2GHz Xeon+2x285GTX's (and it doesn't use more than 2 cores at tops, although it seemed to use 1 core for the rendering engine and the other .exe was possibly a debug thread or something else, they never did tell us what it was. Also memory usage was pretty hideous and loading times were also quite long, for example entering/exiting a PVP warzone took anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds. SLI was completely broken at the time, possibly fixed in a newer build - shadows didn't work and there was massive graphical corruption with an SLI setup.)

It's going to be a lot of things but it's not going to run on "any computer", not even close.

Latest word is the latest beta is a lot more optimized, and starting to run on computers that run WoW. I think it's a good sign that it's shaping up to be a good client.

Ugh, looks so bad...

Watched that video this morning - thought it looked really good. I don't understand your angle on the graphics. MMOs need to run on many configurations, otherwise if you ask folks to have the latest and greatest, your subs will suffer. Part of the reason WoW has been able to maintain their volume of subs is because people don't need to upgrade their hardware every year.