While browsing one of the online forums, Beta.Net Forums I came across this AMAZING and VERY LONG article on basically everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask, about Windows XP, Security and speeding up your internet connection, even if you only have a modem.
This is quite a read, so print yourself a copy or download to your PDA, and be amazed at what you'll learn from this collection of information that APK has gathered and put in one place for everyone to enjoy!
Sections include :-
- Want to filter your XP TCP/IP stacks some more & be more secure online?
- Using the Microsoft Security Scanner online to ensure you are up to date
- Filesystem & Registry Level Security (allowing ONLY myself & the system)
- Dropping/Stopping all the default shares like C$ etc
- A very potent speedup (security too) use a custom hosts file