The Foxit Reader is a fast, and feature rich PDF viewer which allows you to open, view, and print any PDF file. Unlike other free PDF readers, Foxit Reader also includes easy to use collaboration features like the ability to add annotations, fill out forms, and share information with social networks. Foxit Reader has a small footprint that starts up instantly, renders PDF files quickly and uses very little memory, which is especially important with today's handheld devices.
The Foxit Reader is packed full of convenient and easy to use viewing, commenting and printing features that make document collaboration simple. Foxit Reader's secure platform insures worry free operation against malicious virus and provides a secure and reliable digital signature verification platform for exchanging electronics documents without putting the user at risk from falsified documents.
What's new in Foxit Reader 7.0:
- Shared Review for Desktop and Mobile Users
- Enable users to join a shared review and send back the feedback or comments.
2D Barcode Displaying
- Supports to display 2D barcode that contains form data in the PDF forms with Ultraforms technology.
Optimized PCL Printing
- Provides an option to auto-detect printers that support PCL for PCL optimization to improve the printing speed.
Free-form Annotation with PSI (Pressure Sensitive Ink)
- Supports to use the Pencil tools from Surface Pro or Wacom tablet to add free-form annotations with PSI in PDFs.
Bi-directional Language Support
- Supports input of the Arabic and Hebrew languages in annotations, and allows users to search Arabic and Hebrew in PDF files.
Signature Verification on XFA Forms
- Supports to verify signatures on XFA forms created by Adobe LiveCycle.
Friendly Ribbon Customization
- Supports to customize the Ribbon, enabling users to rearrange the buttons, or create a new tab with their favorite buttons.
Stronger Security from RMS Plugin (Enterprise Only)
- Extends support to more strictly control documents access and supports dynamic revocation by preventing some users from accessing PDFs or preventing some PDFs from being accessed to promptly revoke PDFs that have already been issued.
Create PDFs with RMS Encryption (Enterprise Only)
- Allows users to create an RMS protected PDF from Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), using the Foxit add-in.
Text Copy with Formatting Maintained
- Improves the Copy and Paste feature to allow users to copy and paste text with styles, including font, font size, font style, font color, etc.
SharePoint Network Drive Support
- Enables users to open and check out PDFs from SharePoint mapped drive with Foxit Reader¡¯s Open dialog.
GPO Improvement (Enterprise Only)
- Ensures the configurations in GPO template to work in both Classic and Ribbon Mode, adds settings of language in XML and GPO template, and more.
- Fixed the critical issues on Microsoft Touch Screen where:
- Users cannot exit Full Screen Mode;
- Users cannot bring out the context menu by tap-and-hold;
- Users cannot move up or down the annotation objects.
- Fixed an issue where an error prompted when users emailed a file with CJK characters in the file name if Windows locale was set to English.