GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
Between 4.0 and 4.1, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
- Bug 775582 - Change "Petrol" (or Gas if seen in USA) to "Fuel"
- Bug 797759 - Some transactions are not highlighted in the matching window
- Bug 797787 - Feature request: preference setting to open new tabs adjacent to currently active tab (as opposed to at the end of the tab list)
- Bug 797825 - OFX import crashes on import of investment transaction
- Bug 797827 - 4.0.1 gnucash-cli seg faults on macOS Catalina
- Bug 797828 - Budget Barchart was not upgraded
- Bug 797830 - Expense over time has extra empty row
- Bug 797831 - Printer not found
- Bug 797834 - Ctrl+A in account register fields chimes after any element newly focussed.
- Bug 797835 - Zero Crossing in 4.0 that wasn't in 3.10
- Bug 797842 - Windows: Insertion cursor invisible in Edit Account or New Account windows until text fields have content
- Bug 797843 - Quickfill broken with Cyrillic input language
- Bug 797844 - Typing account number to select account fails
- Bug 797845 - Backspace key produces incorrect result
- Bug 797847 - Best match probability calculation on import is too pessimistic
- Lowering the minimum value for the auto-clear preference. This is to allow user to still auto clear even when date don't match quite exactly.
- Bug 797850 - Account register credit/debit column headings untranslated
- Bug 797853 - Crash on 'Save As' in MacOS Mojave and Gnucash 4
- Bug 797854 - Global Register Preference to prompt for interest payment is not being honored.
- Replace the global preference item with a per-account option, enabled only on those account types where interest might be paid or charged.
- Bug 797858 - Transaction date is one day too early from SWIFT MT940 import.
- Bug 797861 - Yearly / Monthly average reporting displays zeros
- Bug 797873 - New Account Hierarchy selects en_US
For a complete list of new features and other changes see the Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware