• Kaspersky
    • McAfee
    • NOD32
    • Norton/Symantec
    • Panda
    • Trend Micro
    • Other

Question

sigh, norton and symantec shouldn't be under the same choice... i suggest one thread for best free av and one for best pay-for av

585956636[/snapback]

There can only be 10 poll choices, and 2 more stickies would be way too many. These are here to try and stop new threads from cropping up every other day (Y)

F-Prot... NOTHING (Even the AVGFree lol) can stand up to F-prot's superior functionality... and it's licnesing (which comes to $10 USD per license to start) can't be touched by anybody, Even AVG (not free).

F-Prot...  NOTHING (Even the AVGFree lol) can stand up to F-prot's superior functionality...  and it's licnesing (which comes to $10 USD per license to start) can't be touched by anybody, Even AVG (not free).

585956656[/snapback]

its soo good that i havent even heard about it... crazy

avg is da l33t

585956650[/snapback]

unless of course you uninstall avg, install something like avast/nod32/symantec corp and see how many viruses avg missed.

Exactly... AVG's not a good choice at all... been there, tried that... it's real time scan/autoprotect is sh!t too... Im tellin you... spend $50, get the 5 licenses of F-prot, and give them to yoru family... ;) :lol: in the end, they'll love you.

Changing course alittle, ClamWin is FAR better than AVG... and if you're really ThAT cheap then you need to at least be using ClamWin.

eh looks cool but im not paying for an antivirus because i have great service with AVG and it is 100% free

585956691[/snapback]

avast, clamwin and antivr are all free and way better than avg.

^^^ :no: oh well, when the crap hits the fan you can't say we didn't try... or you didn't know... so don't act mad and surprised when it happens...

^^^  :no:  oh well, when the crap hits the fan you can't say we didn't try...  or you didn't know...  so don't act mad and surprised when it happens...

585956722[/snapback]

that's what i wanted to say, but couldn't think of a nice way :D

Symantec Antivirus 9 Corp, hands down.

Unless of course you need free, and if so, then I dunno. I use SAV though, have for a long time, it's basically the most perfect AV I have ever used.

Honesty is the only policy... it's not the nice one, and it's not always the best, but it's the only one I believe in. Some things can't be sugered up... and even when they can I refuse to.

In hindsite (for him), nieveness is going to be a b!tch lol... ;)

BTW, Im not attacking you... but by being close minded you're really going to hurt yourself in the end. And as far as even speed goes, F-Prot doesn't slow anything down... at all... not liek SAV/NAV, AVG, or McGAyfee...

sav doesn't slow anything down, nav does.

585956769[/snapback]

Actually, I moved from NAV to SAV 3 years ago. I was very pleased with how much faster things got moving to SAV. However, 3 months ago I moved to F-Prot, and things got even faster.

Not sure what to tell you, but I've seen the light ;) lol... not to mention (since I wasn't using free/stolen/warez versions of SAV) the savings I get going down to udner $10/license.

I've always used Norton because.. Well, because I just always have. But am getting peeved at paying ??? for consumer level protection each year. A lot of people are suggesting NOD32 to me, so if it's free - I'll give it a try next time I reformat a spare PC.