Maxthon 1.5.2.21

This release fixes a big bug where the popup blocker would block a popup that *YOU* clicked.

The new memory release feature is nice too.

sounds interesting .. memory release .... necessary?

Not necessary, but neat.

It makes the browser use only as much memory as it needs at a time, allocating and freeing as necessary, instead of having all the code/dlls/pages/html/images, etc. loaded at once.

Not necessary, but neat.

It makes the browser use only as much memory as it needs at a time, allocating and freeing as necessary, instead of having all the code/dlls/pages/html/images, etc. loaded at once.

What are the benefits of changing this over leaving it alone? Sounds like enabling this option would be the way to go but then why isn't it default enabled?

What are the benefits of changing this over leaving it alone? Sounds like enabling this option would be the way to go but then why isn't it default enabled?

I just checked mine, and it was enabled by default.

I think its a bit useless, Maxthon uses to little memory anyway.

actually the latest builds were memory hogs growing higher than 50mb in both phys mem/virtual mem. and at my win2k machine at work it was worse growing more than 100mb in phys/virtual mem. This is a big releif as it wont be necessary to restart maxthon as often.