Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP (x86 + x64)

Overview

Windows Media Player 11 offers great new ways to store and enjoy all of your digital media. It's easier than ever to access all of your music, video, pictures, and recorded TV on your computer. Play it, view it, organize it, and sync it to a portable device for enjoying on the go, or share with devices around your home - all from one place. Windows Media Player 11 is designed to work with all versions of Windows XP with Service Pack 2, including Windows XP Home Edition N and Windows XP Professional N.

download.pngWMP11 32bit

Overview

Windows Media Player 11 offers great new ways to store and enjoy all of your digital media. It's easier than ever to access all of your music, video, pictures, and recorded TV on your computer. Play it, view it, organize it, and sync it to a portable device for enjoying on the go, or share with devices around your home - all from one place. Windows Media Player 11 (64-bit) is designed to work with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

download.pngWMP11 64bit

Cool, thanks. Downloaded. Any changelog?

I didn't see one, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Build number is the same, but I did notice that it seems to be running a hell of a lot faster for me than it did before. Usually it would take about 6 seconds to open. Now it's only taking about 2 seconds to open. Would take about 20 seconds to get Urge going and now it takes about 5.

The same thing happened with the IE7 setup files. They were re-released again, a month after from the original date in the file's digital signature. And it was no newer build of IE7 but the same. As for WMP11 i don't know if it's the same or not.

Even if it's the same exact build it did something to make it run a little faster on my system. Or it didn't install right the first time. I don't know. I'm just happy Urge is working faster now. Bugged me how slow it was before now.

I was going to post this before, but I thought somehow there would be the usual "old news" tirade.

BTW it is extremely easy to get the very latest product and patch information from Microsoft, but I wouldn't insult your collective intelligence by explaining how to do such simple hacking.

Next time, before being soo quick to say "old news", actually check the link and read about it first. ;)

Date Published: 11/10/2006

In his defence the post above at no point states that this is a new build as opposed to being a whole new release, When I read "WMP11 Released" I also thought that he meant the application as a whole.

Just decided to dload and upgrade and mine says 3rd Nov. Weird.

wmp11vv0.jpg

OPaul, the build number is 11.0.5721.5145

Here's the link that I get http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9...sxp-x86-enu.exe

5145 is the same build that was released when 11 went final. Is this definitely a new version? The only difference appears to be the digital signanture on the download. Are there any hashes to compare?

The Hashes are not goin' to be the same since the two installer files the one with the digital signature 19 Oct and the newer with the date 2 Nov (or 3 Nov as some said) are not the same.