7600.16384 might not be RTM

If people would step-back and remember that we had the same scenario with Vista as we do with W7 - even though one build has been tagged as RTM / GOLD, development does continue with parallel code-trees.

It's not like "Ok, we're done...no more developmen of Windows".

--ScottKin

why do people actually care so much about this? there is a new thread for every build that has no significant gain to any users computing experience...

OMG build 7047467654 is out.. i cant wait to re-install for a minor bug fix that probably isn't even effecting me!! :blink:

or am i missing the point?

just wait for an officially confirmed RTM release and enjoy it... you will be bored of Windows 7 by the time it actually hits the market.

why do people actually care so much about this? there is a new thread for every build that has no significant gain to any users computing experience...

OMG build 7047467654 is out.. i cant wait to re-install for a minor bug fix that probably isn't even effecting me!! :blink:

or am i missing the point?

just wait for an officially confirmed RTM release and enjoy it... you will be bored of Windows 7 by the time it actually hits the market.

****ing hear hear!!!

Stop posting b/s, wzor is not trusted source (also they copy pasta from other site anyway).

Teach me something, from what site Wzor pasting stuff?

From INTERNAL MSFT site???

Doesn't mean ****. I bet if you dug around the XP/Vista/Server installation tree, you'd find files that are out of sync with the actual build tag. Anyway, we'll find out later today, I suppose.

I'm actually quite lost, why do people really care about build number the RTM will be I mean does it really matter just wait for the damned official announcement from Microsoft.

I'm actually quite lost, why do people really care about build number the RTM will be I mean does it really matter just wait for the damned official announcement from Microsoft.

because I have the iso and want to know if it's worth wiping my machine and installing it? how is that hard to understand?

because I have the iso and want to know if it's worth wiping my machine and installing it? how is that hard to understand?
If that's the case, you should wait until the SHA-1 hashes show up on Technet. Otherwise it's impossible to verify that you have a valid build. It would be VERY easy to sneak some malware into the setup.

If that's the case, you should wait until the SHA-1 hashes show up on Technet. Otherwise it's impossible to verify that you have a valid build. It would be VERY easy to sneak some malware into the setup.

+1