7600.16384 might not be RTM

Hell...just make it build 7777.77777 That enough Win 7 for you?

Seriously.

I'm starting to get annoyed with all these OMGOMGOMOGM ZOMFG ITS NOT RTM threads all over the net.

Jeez.

Well, MS confirmed that it's not final RTM. I just won 10 internets.

They haven't confirmed anything about specific build numbers. Your title was wrong as it was "7600 is NOT RTM" so I have changed it. 7600 is still RTM.

Well, MS confirmed that it's not final RTM. I just won 10 internets.

Nope, they have not confirmed that 7600 isn't the RTM. Neither have they said it will be.

Who cares anyway.

MSDN & TechNet Subscribers: Subscribers will be able to download the final version of Windows 7 a few weeks after we announce RTM.

This is what I care about, Now I have this build, that is near final, and a few weeks later, I will get it legally from Technet :)

you don't believe in numerology? the study of numbers? Everything in life happens because of number sequences...build 7600? you will become rich and live a meaningful life. Build 7601? The Mayans were right and the world ends in 3 years. see what i mean? It's all in the numbers dude.

Hey guiez my calandar endz at December 31st 2009 so da world is going to end der i dont see any 2010 calanderz!!!

Seriously. The Mayan's didn't really want to plan past a thousand years+ (or less) so they didn't create the calendar.

Seriously.

I'm starting to get annoyed with all these OMGOMGOMOGM ZOMFG ITS NOT RTM threads all over the net.

Jeez.

I'm more annoyed by people trying to brag about how they called it out on not being the final build. Like they should be rewarded. Even though they were far from the first to say it probably wasn't the actual final build.

They haven't confirmed anything about specific build numbers. Your title was wrong as it was "7600 is NOT RTM" so I have changed it. 7600 is still RTM.

They said RTM is not finished, right?

So if this one was leaked and they haven't finished the final rtm yet, that makes leaked build not final rtm, right?

So if this one was leaked and they haven't finished the final rtm yet, that makes leaked build not final rtm, right?

Why are you so obsessed with this? It'll be done in a couple weeks anyway. Now you're just starting to get really dramatic over nothing.

No it does not. They have not finished the final RTM yet, it means what it means, they have not choosen the final build to be used, do you think they compile it, and then an hour later announce it ?

They probably take at least a few days to properly test it.

I doubt the leaked build will be the RTM, it still could easily be though.

No, that's a clueless statement just like your thread title here. Going around the forums spreading misinformation when you have no clue whatsoever to how the build process works is reckless. I am not saying I know every last detail about the build process but over the years I have visited the Redmond build labs, Windows team and various different teams involved in the build process for previous versions of Windows. Unless things have changed rapidly since the last Windows beta (Vista) then they compile the RTM build and test it vigorously, this doesn't mean that 7600.16384 has been ditched because they have said they are not ready to announce RTM, it simply means they might not be finished testing it fully. On the flip side it could mean that 16385 is on its way and will require the same testing. Either way from experience of past Windows betas it's a safe bet that 7600 is the RTM build number and we are just waiting confirmation on the specific subset build (the 16384) number.

In my own personal opinion I believe 16384 might not be RTM as I know that they had planned to announce it yesterday and they even put a press release out about it yesterday by mistake (more info about that here). Either they need to perform some additional checks on it or they decided Ballmer was best to announce it or that 16385 is on its way and they start the checks again. Time will tell :)

UPDATE: looks like 16385 could have been compiled but it's worth noting that it appears to be only the WDK at the moment and not the client. Unclear right now.

Edited by Tom W

It will be done when it's done. Just wait untill the end of the week and it will pop up everywhere on the internet. You will get 99% of what the RC already is and what are the last 20 leaks. ;)

No, that's a clueless statement just like your thread title here. Going around the forums spreading misinformation when you have no clue whatsoever to how the build process works is reckless. I am not saying I know every last detail about the build process but over the years I have visited the Redmond build labs, Windows team and various different teams involved in the build process for previous versions of Windows. Unless things have changed rapidly since the last Windows beta (Vista) then they compile the RTM build and test it vigorously, this doesn't mean that 7600.16384 has been ditched because they have said they are not ready to announce RTM, it simply means they might not be finished testing it fully. On the flip side it could mean that 16385 is on its way and will require the same testing. Either way from experience of past Windows betas it's a safe bet that 7600 is the RTM build number and we are just waiting confirmation on the specific subset build (the 16384) number.

In my own personal opinion I believe 16384 might not be RTM as I know that they had planned to announce it yesterday and they even put a press release out about it yesterday by mistake (more info about that here). Either they need to perform some additional checks on it or they decided Ballmer was best to announce it or that 16385 is on its way and they start the checks again. Time will tell :)

UPDATE: looks like 16385 could have been compiled but it's worth noting that it appears to be only the WDK at the moment and not the client. Unclear right now.

I couldn't see a good reason why you closed my thread, so this is the last post I am putting up on Neowin, bye!!

OK, I changed my mind, I understand your reason is to keep it in few and early threads, and there is this thread not only earliest on starting, but earliest in reporting and confirming the RTM build 7600.16384. I'll stick to it until the confirmed RTM Final Build(I expect to make the earliest report too). :D

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=793314

Yeah. It's just getting irritating and confusing for all seeing so many threads about the same thing.

who cares, and

Tom W - that is the single creepiest avatar I have ever seen in my entire internet-life

In fact, my grand kids will have night terrors about it from the genetic imprint it will leave on my brain

Yeah. It's just getting irritating and confusing for all seeing so many threads about the same thing.

Mr. Tom W: just a matter of interest, how come my thread reporting and confirming the build 16385 with all kinds of facts were locked, and another new guy just starting a thread of 16385 with no supporting material were OK? :blink:

Edit: just saw another new guy started another new thread............

Edited by FaiKee