Neowin Digital Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

The previous thread can be found here.

Thanks!

Here are a couple of shots I took at the end of last week.

3778187263_1e0c9f047c.jpg

3779083692_2875f2fa0f.jpg

3778281275_a9ae38b7db.jpg

All taken as I walked home from work, giving my 55-200mm lens a little run out. Bit of cropping on each and blacks pushed up for the silhouette.

This is my favorite of the week though. I don't know why. It's too dark and it's got too soft focus but I just love it...

3778291379_44533003e8.jpg

I've cropped the image and a little exposure/brightness play on lightroom but not much.

Anyone here like it? Comments welcome (even on flickr, ;))

Malc

whoaaaaaa kick ass shot. What'd you shoot it with?
A camera ;) Sorry, I had to :p

:shiftyninja:

D50 and broken 50mm f/1.8D broken in the sense that it only focuses to a certain extent :( oh teh noes need new gear :( the PP was set clarity to about 80% in lightroom.

bokeh pls?

3676833095_07de31ca58.jpg

That is amazing! Seriously thats like F0.000~1 :p

D50 and broken 50mm f/1.8D broken in the sense that it only focuses to a certain extent :( oh teh noes need new gear :( the PP was set clarity to about 80% in lightroom.

That is amazing! Seriously thats like F0.000~1 :p

Nah. If I had to hazard a guess, 200mm F/2 VR @ F2. Bear in mind depth of field is a function of aperture and focal length :)

Yeah but cmon crazzy88s, that's a whole lot of effort when I'm so awesome I can just look and know :p

Yeah, that's pretty awesome, but it's not "Awesome+" is it? :D

I'd give you Awesome+ if you could correctly identify which eye he used to look through the viewfinder when setting up the shot. :laugh:

Took this today with a fuji IS-1 borrowed from work. I had the white balance shot from a section of grass and was trying to get that false colour look. I've managed it (just) but there must be something wrong n my workflow as I can't seem to get that Ethereal feel you see in so many other similar shots.

I had to do a fair bit of tweaking to get it like it is. Also, it's very grainy for being shot at ISO200.

BTW it's just a quick shot in my back garden.

Anyone any tips/advice on doing it better next time (and yes I know I should photo a better subject matter but I was just getting to grips with the process)

3794250375_c2a90d7223.jpg

Cheers

Malc

I definately need to get a better camera. Again with the Olympus SP-510UZ. Took in RAW and converted to JPG when saving. Did a little post processing too, sharpening, getting the levels right and removing some noise. Feedback would be welcomed on the Photoshop work!

post-130223-1249584653_thumb.jpg

Took this today with a fuji IS-1 borrowed from work. I had the white balance shot from a section of grass and was trying to get that false colour look. I've managed it (just) but there must be something wrong n my workflow as I can't seem to get that Ethereal feel you see in so many other similar shots.

I had to do a fair bit of tweaking to get it like it is. Also, it's very grainy for being shot at ISO200.

BTW it's just a quick shot in my back garden.

Anyone any tips/advice on doing it better next time (and yes I know I should photo a better subject matter but I was just getting to grips with the process)

3794250375_c2a90d7223.jpg

Cheers

Malc

Welll it certainly looks good in my eyes, would you care posting a tutorial on how you did that?