Steve Jobs Overrated?

190 members have voted

1. 1. Steve Jobs Overrated?

• Yes
    • No

He is very over-rated to me, he doesn't stand out for me just looks like another corporate boss that has done well and made a lot of money for their company. Personally Christopher Hitchens was very under-rated at his death, I would rate him over jobs because he didn't just do something out of the ordinary he excelled at it.

Great job (intended) in myopically using Windows v Mac to judge if Apple's CEO is overrated. What on Earth is a Windows Field anyway?

I work as a Network and systems administrator so most of my work is do to with Windows each and every day. Understand now?

And don't get me started on how stupid your comparisons, repeated by many an Apple fanboy, are. Alternatively you can Google them out and find out why they are wrong.

The fact I like Apple products does not make me a fanboy. I own Windows machines and Run mainly Windows on one of my Mac's.To me your comment seems more fanboyish because you're not backing up your comments with any facts or opinions.

You don't have to call me and Apple users stupid to make yourself feel better, that's totally unnecessary.

Personally Christopher Hitchens was very under-rated at his death.

I agree with this part of what you said.

he accomplished more "technological" breakthrough to the world and financially to apple than 99,9% of people in this forum will ever accomplish... by other side tragedies like foxcon and the semi-slave status of workers in apple factories in asia are not a bright side.

I just love the way people say iTunes saved the music inductry. All it has done is make Apple and the music industry moguls rich, not the artists. They both no longer had to spend money on shops, distribution, manufacturing, and also they don't provide a decent quality file, but people seem to be happy to pay the same price as a real CD so it's their own fault. WAV files should be the standard and not rubbish 128k or 256k mp3's, we all have broadband so file size is no longer important.

As for Jobs, he didn't do anything any other business owner and starter would do, he may money and kept his company open, but if he never gave any money away to charity then he isn't much of a man. Sounds a bit selfish to me.

overrated just like jesus, God and Allah, saints and prophets. Cult of personality bro'

Did you just compare Steve Jobs to Jesus/God?

Steve Jobs = iPod, iPhone, iPad, anything else with an 'i" in front of it

Jesus= God/Creator of the Universe, died for all mankind, raised from the dead, Savior of the world

No doubt, Steve Jobs was directly and indirectly responsible for smartphones and tablets being where they are today, but to compare him to someone like Jesus/God, is just absurd.

That's one theory!

If you want to put it that way, up to you. As a Christian, it is by faith that I believe what I believe. Without going into long winded explanations, I find it easier to believe that God created the Universe, rather than it being the result of a random explosion that took place for some random reason, without any cause or reason behind it.

If you want to put it that way, up to you. As a Christian, it is by faith that I believe what I believe. Without going into long winded explanations, I find it easier to believe that God created the Universe, rather than it being the result of a random explosion that took place for some random reason, without any cause or reason behind it.

Honestly everyone is in the same boat. Half of the people can't explain what caused a big boom which created everything. The rest of the people can't explain how an all powerful imaginary guy in the sky came to be out of nothingness too. Tis a mind **** for all!

Science isn't random it just takes time to get to a conclusion. We could say God randomly appeared and decided to randomly put a baby in a virgins belly and he randomly walked on water and so on, but I won't because it's your faith.....

Comparing Steve Job to God/Jesus is absurd I agree on that part.

well he invented the HIGH price tag for low spec computers & phones... so congrats to him?

For some people the prices are high for others it is very compatible.

Honestly everyone is in the same boat. Half of the people can't explain what caused a big boom which created everything. The rest of the people can't explain how an all powerful imaginary guy in the sky came to be out of nothingness too. Tis a mind **** for all!

Science isn't random it just takes time to get to a conclusion. We could say God randomly appeared and decided to randomly put a baby in a virgins belly and he randomly walked on water and so on, but I won't because it's your faith.....

Comparing Steve Job to God/Jesus is absurd I agree on that part.

God as a premise means that His existence or origin does not require an explanation because by definition, God is the beginning and end, outside of time and space as we know it, the Creator of all things. God by definition has always existed and was not created by someone or something else. So, no one (even the skeptic) can consider God for argument sake and then expect those who believe in God to explain how He came about because that goes against the premise.

Meh I'm not going into the whole thing now... I think we should move on and stay on topic.

Ageed. This is not a discussion that needs to take place on this thread anyway. It's not something that can be settled with a few statements anyway.