Symantec updates Android Malware claim, No Malware

Sorry, about as far from an iAnything fan as you can get, but good troll attempt, to bad it didn't have a shred of valid argument in it?

To bad it also did more than those things. Changing our homepage and flooding your bookmarks however is one of the hallmarks of malware.

Not what Symantec or Lookout said. They said it has the capability to do so...not that it does. Have you installed any of the "infected" apps to see?

No, that's what it actually does do, install one of the apps and see. What it has the capability to do as they said was more than this.

so placing an icon on the desktop and having a bookmark is damaging? if they say they are doing it then how is that a tronjan???

haters gonna hate... some post and bash just because they are ipoo fan.

And some defend just cause the fandroid. Wake up its in your own best interest as a viable platform for this type of app to be stamped out. Stop being blind to the potential issue. I have both a iPad and a Galaxy tab.

I don't think for one millisecond of downloading a app from the App store.

With the market, not only do I have to first find the quality App I now also have to check if its a potential malware in disguise.

If this was from a a 3rd side loading site, fair enough, but its not good enough from the official Android Marketplace.

it's what it does, when you install the app it changes your homepage and adds new apps to your home screen.

It's malware and possibly spyware, delivered as a Trojan.

How is it a trojan if the app specifies in it's Market description exactly what it is doing?

sounds to me like they were just trying to scare people and then quietly cover their tracks later.