Playstation Vita Thread

vitalogo.jpg

specs.png

speclist.png

accessories.png

Memory Cards:

• 4Gb Memory Card - ?19.99 / ?17.99 / $19.99 ( RRP )
  • 8Gb Memory Card - ?34.99 / ?31.99 / $29.99 ( RRP )
  • 16Gb Memory Card - ?49.99 / ?44.99 / $59.99 ( RRP )
  • 32Gb Memory Card - ?x / ?x / $99.99 ( RRP )

Peripherals:

• AC adaptor - ?9.99 / ?8.99 / $14.99 ( RRP )
  • Portable charger - ?49.99 / ?44.99 / $49.99 ( RRP )
  • USB cable - ?9.99 / ?8.99 / $14.99 ( RRP )
  • In-ear headset - ?19.99 / ?17.99 / $19.99 ( RRP )
  • Starter kit - ?24.99 / ?21.99 / $39.99 ( RRP )
  • Travel kit - ?29.99 / ?25.99 / $x ( RRP )
  • Cradle - ?x / ?x / $19.99 ( RRP )

bc.png

Compatible with 90% of digital PSP games, Sony has confirmed a list of games compatible with Vita

The following games are not listed by Sony but are compatible:

Ape Escape on the Loose

Burnout Legends

Capcom Classic Collection: Reloaded

Capcom Classic Collection: Remixed

Capcom Puzzle World

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles

Crush

Field Commander

Gradius Collection

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Gran Turismo

Hammerin' Hero

Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee

Jeanne d'Arc

Killzone Liberation

LittleBigPlanet

Locoroco 2

Mercury Meltdown

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Patchwork Heroes

Persuit Force

PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient

Puzzle Quest

R-Type Command

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

Rock Band Unplugged

Sega Genesis Collection

Silent Hill: Origins

Sonic Rivals

Sonic Rivals 2

Valkyria Chronicles II

Wipeout Pulse

All Neo Geo titles

All PC Engine titles

Incompatible Titles:

Brave Story

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Phantasy Star Portable

Phantasy Star Portable 2

Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity

SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3

Twisted Metal: Head On

Ys I & II Chronicles (works for some)

PLAYSTATION MINIS

Pac-Man Championship Edition

Thought it might be nice to have a central place to talk about Vita instead of spread all over the forum.

Really cant wait till 22nd, I preordered my Vita weeks ago and I think I have nailed down what games and accessories I want for day one:

Vita Wifi Version

16Gb Memory Card

Uncharted Golden Abyss (natch)

Everybodys Golf

Unit 13

Who else is getting one, and what are they going to buy with it?

Also very excited as well. 23 days left...

I am definitely getting

Vita WiFi Version

32 GB Memory Card

Wipeout 2048

I also have Uncharted, Rayman Origins and Hot Shots Golf on my Gamefly Queue.

The next couple of months I am upping my Gamefly subscription from 3 games to 4 games just for the Vita. I literally manage my Gamefly sub from month to month, and go anywhere from 1 game to 4 games out at a time. All depends on what is being released and how much. Anyway they have an option to keep games now, so if I like the game, will just purchase it, but I see the games I am renting, Uncharted and Rayman, as games once I beat them I am done. Hot Shots Golf I very well may keep. So I see Gamefly being very integral to my Vita enjoyment.

I still actually have $40 credit at Amazon which will also go towards the Vita (everything I have gotten so far has been from Gift Certificates from XMas specifically given to me for the Vita. That is all I asked for). So with that $40, I may get a case. Will see how it goes once I have it. I may just get a PSN card, as I know I am going to get a decent amount for the Vita off the PSN.

I'm still unsure of getting the Vita, as much as I would love one, right now I do have a few more serious monetary commitments (mortgage) that need sorting before dropping ?400 on a gaming system (and games/card) Annoying because I feel I will be missing out, but I guess it's time to grow up and prioritise.

I've no doubt I will have one before the year is out though.

Preordered the 3G version and I'm going to get Uncharted and probably Wipeout and LittleBigPlanet but later. Can't wait. :woot: :woot:

anticipating the Vita launch last year, i just asked for a bunch of gift cards for Christmas. Easiest gifts to buy for people!

pre-ordered the Vita Wifi on Amazon - had $150 Visa GC, $50 Amazon GC. $50 out-of-pocket :D

I have $45 in GCs for Best Buy. going to pick up Golden Abyss - that'll be only $8 out-of-pocket after tax

I have $19 in Gamestop credit and a $25 GC - going to pick up a 32GB card. That'll be $64 out-of-pocket.

Total initial Vita investment will be $122 :woot:

I'm still unsure of getting the Vita, as much as I would love one, right now I do have a few more serious monetary commitments (mortgage) .... I guess it's time to grow up and prioritise.

+1, same here. I'm having other things to do with my money at the moment.

Also very excited as well. 23 days left...

I am definitely getting

Vita WiFi Version

32 GB Memory Card

Wipeout 2048

I also have Uncharted, Rayman Origins and Hot Shots Golf on my Gamefly Queue.

The next couple of months I am upping my Gamefly subscription from 3 games to 4 games just for the Vita. I literally manage my Gamefly sub from month to month, and go anywhere from 1 game to 4 games out at a time. All depends on what is being released and how much. Anyway they have an option to keep games now, so if I like the game, will just purchase it, but I see the games I am renting, Uncharted and Rayman, as games once I beat them I am done. Hot Shots Golf I very well may keep. So I see Gamefly being very integral to my Vita enjoyment.

I still actually have $40 credit at Amazon which will also go towards the Vita (everything I have gotten so far has been from Gift Certificates from XMas specifically given to me for the Vita. That is all I asked for). So with that $40, I may get a case. Will see how it goes once I have it. I may just get a PSN card, as I know I am going to get a decent amount for the Vita off the PSN.

Hmm didnt even think about renting games out, I could sign up for Lovefilm (Netflix equivalent) and rent out Everybodys Golf, Unit 13 and any other games I want. ?5.99 a month and I can get 2 games out a month.

I do want some PSP games I missed first time round especially with the fact that you can map the second analogue stick to emulate the face buttons for camera. But id rather wait till launch day and see what is available/compatible with the Vita than buy a load now and then not be able to play them.

I hope they add support for PSOne Classic soon. You can play them on the PSP why not on the Vita?

PSOne support is 'coming soon', they wanted to get PSP emulation working for launch from what ive been reading around the net.

Hmm didnt even think about renting games out, I could sign up for Lovefilm (Netflix equivalent) and rent out Everybodys Golf, Unit 13 and any other games I want. ?5.99 a month and I can get 2 games out a month.

I do want some PSP games I missed first time round especially with the fact that you can map the second analogue stick to emulate the face buttons for camera. But id rather wait till launch day and see what is available/compatible with the Vita than buy a load now and then not be able to play them.

PSOne support is 'coming soon', they wanted to get PSP emulation working for launch from what ive been reading around the net.

Yeah I remember when I had a PSP and I saw one could rent games for it through Gamefly I thought to myself I would have never expected to be able to rent games for a handheld, so luckily there are options that allow one to do just that. Can save an awful lot of money and also check out many more games than you would have otherwise. So does pay for itself even if it is a bit costly as Gamefly is.

And yeah, just so many games one can go an revisit once they get the PSOne support and just the fact PSP emulation works. I highly recommend God of War Chains Of Olypmus to anyone who has not played the PSP version yet, it was a great game period, never-mind the fact it was on a handheld. Truly was an impressive feat.

I am also really looking forward to Unit 13. I think it has a lot of potential to be a sleeper hit on the Vita, and I like the idea of doing little missions here and there.

I couldn't help but notice the op didn't bother to post japanese sales later than xmas. I wonder why that'd be...

Because i was too busy just trying to format the page before i collated all the information. There is no agenda here.

I don't think it ever will. You can't mount it as USB Storage you have to use Sony's Content Manager software to copy anything to the Vita.

Plus if the PS3 is anything to go by and any lessons learned I don't think the Vita will be hacked to the same scale as the PSP did. I think it runs everything sandboxed anyway.

I couldn't help but notice the op didn't bother to post japanese sales later than xmas. I wonder why that'd be...

lol. What are you suggesting? He went to all of this trouble to.... what?

Anyway, I doubt I will get this at launch. Not because of financial restriction but because I still need to finish up some games on my 3DS and clear my black log on my PS3 and 360. Vita will have to wait.

Definitely want to get one, but I'm not sure if I can get it at launch. Still gotta make the last payment for my wedding video. :pinch:

I'll be entering the Taco Bell contest just in case though lol.

Made pretty much what should be my final purchase for the Vita arrival earlier today on my lunch break. Went to Gamestop and picked up a $50 PSN card. Will add it to my wallet closer to release day, this way whatever good games they offer digitally I will be able to check out as well. Super Stardust is pretty much a guarantee for me if it is a launch title, and also that black and white game Escape Plan, will get that as well if it is offered as a downloadable game.

Just saw this on Kotaku,, good news for Vita owners...

It Will Be Cheaper to Download Vita Games Than to Buy Their Boxed Counterparts

][/u]Sony has confirmed games for its upcoming Vita handheld will be a bit cheaper to purchase as downloadable digital games than it would cost to buy a physical disc.

A Sony representative confirmed this to Shacknews, stating that "there will be a discount on the downloadable PS Vita titles from PSN" and that details would be announced in "the very near future."

The image below is from NeoGAF, where a poster noticed that Best Buy would be selling digital versions of the games through their store. The prices listed are all $5 lower than the list prices for boxed versions of the games.

595jy.jpg

Original Story via Shacknews actually. More From Shacknews...

][/b]Update: The answer is "yes." A Sony representative has confirmed the discount. "I can confirm that there will be a discount on the downloadable PS Vita titles from PSN. Exact details have not yet been revealed, but be on the lookout for an announcement in the very near future."

Original Story: In addition to offering game cartridges, Best Buy will also sell codes that are redeemable on the PlayStation Network. GQman2121 from NeoGAF spotted multiple entries with "DIG-PSV" in the product title. MLB 12 The Show is listed at $35.99, while Reality Fighters is listed at $26.99. Uncharted: Golden Abyss is listed at $44.99.

So actually thinking about this some more, makes complete sense, as one absolutely needs a memory card to get these games regardless, so Sony makes probably more money in the long run making the digital games a bit cheaper. Still, a nice alternative.

EDIT - Nice, I see the prices for Super Stardust and Escape Plan listed, as I said above, will definitely be picking both games up now that I know the prices, $10 and $15 respectively.

It's good to see that the digital version of the games will be slightly discounted. Been good with saving any gift money from Christmas/birthday so I should have it all paid with that, and looking to pick up these around launch:

Vita WiFi

32GB Memory Card

Super Stardust Delta

Escape Plan

*Uncharted: Golden Abyss (ordered online, don't expect it until late Feb/early March)

This would b e better news if we didn't have to buy their memory card. You're saving 5 bucks. I'd rather have the card, booklet, cover. etc.

Yeah DL theyve been unofficially saying that games will be 10-15% cheaper than boxed retail copy and its about time someone makes the leap, Steam is great and all but games are usually full RRP.

So i've revised what bundle im going to get:

Vita Wifi

Uncharted

16Gb Card

?75 in PSN vouchers (i want to buy PS+ for PS3 and some games with whats left for Vita)

Going to get Unit 13 and Everybodys Golf via rental.

I just hope there is the ability to backup your downloads from the Vita to my PC so I dont have to keep redownloading games once my card is full and I need space.

Vita is getting destroyed in Japan.

Week 4, 2012 Sales have just been released Vita has only sold 95k~ units this year compared to 507k~ 3DS

Vita has only one game in the top 20 compared to seven 3DS games.

I think Europe/US launch is going to go better as a lot of the launch games are western games.

This would b e better news if we didn't have to buy their memory card. You're saving 5 bucks. I'd rather have the card, booklet, cover. etc.

you had to use the MemoryStick in the PSP too... that was another proprietary Sony invention.

16Gb Card

I just hope there is the ability to backup your downloads from the Vita to my PC so I dont have to keep redownloading games once my card is full and I need space.

that's why im springing for the 32GB card. Golden Abyss is 2.7GB...

Vita is getting destroyed in Japan.

Week 4, 2012 Sales have just been released Vita has only sold 95k~ units this year compared to 507k~ 3DS

Vita has only one game in the top 20 compared to seven 3DS games.

I think Europe/US launch is going to go better as a lot of the launch games are western games.

give it time.... original DS and the 3DS both had trouble taking off. not sure how well the PSP did at launch though