Playstation Vita Thread

that's why im springing for the 32GB card. Golden Abyss is 2.7GB...

We dont get the 32Gb in europe and i dont fancy importing one :(

give it time.... original DS and the 3DS both had trouble taking off. not sure how well the PSP did at launch though

The problem is pricing, the 3DS launched high then they were able to cut the price by a significant amount, I dont think Sony has the same margins for the Vita, if there is a price cut i dont see it being as much as 3DS was cut by, only once the 3DS dropped in price did it start taking off.

I'd buy it solely for MLB 12 The Show

They have not said what it is going to be yet, but there is going to be integration with the PS3 version. I have both on my Gamefly queue, and I am looking forward to checking the game out. And I have to say I am interested about the full Move integration now as well. I have barely used that stupid light-bulb on a controller. :laugh:

I have barely used that stupid light-bulb on a controller. :laugh:

Same. Only time I pick them up is to wipe the dust off of them. :laugh:

You can't play online over 3G, there might be some games that have it enabled but 95% of them you can't.

3G is mostly for messaging, browsing, persistent scoreboards and the like.

We dont get the 32Gb in europe and i dont fancy importing one :(

that sucks! sorry to hear that!

You can't play online over 3G, there might be some games that have it enabled but 95% of them you can't.

3G is mostly for messaging, browsing, persistent scoreboards and the like.

that's pretty whack. 3G, to me, is completely worthless. i dont play my 3DS, or PSP, outside of my house anyway. even if you commute on public transportation everyday, is 3G really worth it?

Yeah that's why I went with Wifi version. If I need to get online I can use my phone as a personal hotspot.

Some games are rumoured to support it, like Marvel vs Capcom, but personally 3G is useless to me.

Same. Only time I pick them up is to wipe the dust off of them. :laugh:

I actually use mine quite a bit, often have a quick blast on Flight Control or Tumble. Also been playing a lot of Start the Party recently as well. I can see why people wouldn't use them but I would say that I enjoy some games that use it more than those that don't.

Yeah that's why I went with Wifi version. If I need to get online I can use my phone as a personal hotspot.

Some games are rumoured to support it, like Marvel vs Capcom, but personally 3G is useless to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the 3G version has a GPS chip inside, whereas the WiFi version does not. Some people may want to opt for the 3G version on the off chance that some game/app comes along that utilizes GPS in some capacity. That being said, I went with the WiFi version as well. I do about 99% of my portable gaming at home, and so I'm covered in most instances.

I actually pre-ordered my Vita games over the weekend. I decided to go with Hot Shots Golf, WipEout, Lumines, and Rayman Origins. In the future, I may just get games in digital form (for the price savings), but for the launch titles I decided to go with some physical copies. Best Buy actually has $5 off pre-orders anyways (in Canada, at least).

I forgot to say in my impressions topic I played rayman as well. Felt pretty much 1:1 to the console version.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the 3G version has a GPS chip inside, whereas the WiFi version does not. Some people may want to opt for the 3G version on the off chance that some game/app comes along that utilizes GPS in some capacity.

Problem is because not all Vitas come with GPS then its unlikely going to be a major feature of any game because the Wifi version is going to outweigh the 3G version by a lot. Which in turn means 3G isnt going to be worth it unless you can afford it.

I forgot to say in my impressions topic I played rayman as well. Felt pretty much 1:1 to the console version.

It is actually perhaps the game I am most looking forward to playing out of the launch titles. I was meaning to check out the PS3 version, but never got around to it, so once I read it was a 1:1 conversion, decided to just play it on the Vita. Have it coming from Gamefly.

Thanks for that video LegendOfMart, going to watch it at work today in a little bit, pretty slow day for me.

Looking forward to the PS Vita. My current Preorder at Game is:

• PS Vita Uncharted Bundle (PS Vita WiFi, 4GB Memory Card, Uncharted: Golden Abyss and the Preorder Pack)
  • Everybody's Golf
  • WipEout 2048
  • Resistance Burning Skys

Overall it cost me ?298 as I had ?71.56 Reward Card Credit from Game. I'll also be getting MotorStorm RC as it looks good in the

I just hope there is the ability to backup your downloads from the Vita to my PC so I dont have to keep redownloading games once my card is full and I need space.

At the moment there is a Windows application called PS Vita Content Manager Assistant that allows backups. You can download it here and the instruction manual for it is on the PS Vita instruction manual here.

Just watched that Gamespot preview video. Unit 13 really does look so much better in action, and I truly really liked the idea of just individual missions. Definitely went from a perhaps play to definitely playing for me. And The Show 12 looks fantastic as well. All the other games they demoed also looked good, just not sure they are my cup of tea. Seriously looking forward to the 22nd. (Y)

Mainly looking forward to Uncharted but Unit 13 looking pretty awesome as well, way better than I thought it was going to be. Motorstorm RC has piqued my interest also I didnt fancy it at first but i like the notification that a friend has just beat your time and you can launch straight to the track with your friends ghost cars even if you are in the middle of another race.

The more I see the more I am impressed by Vita.

Motorstorm RC has piqued my interest also I didnt fancy it at first but i like the notification that a friend has just beat your time and you can launch straight to the track with your friends ghost cars even if you are in the middle of another race.

Yeah, that is quite a good feature. As well as that Matt Sothern said in an

about Motorstorm RC that the game has 4 Second load times, as well as if you buy the Vita version you get the PS3 version included (It'll be sitting in your download list) and vice versa. :)

Yeah, that is quite a good feature. As well as that Matt Sothern said in an

about Motorstorm RC that the game has 4 Second load times, as well as if you buy the Vita version you get the PS3 version included (It'll be sitting in your download list) and vice versa. :)

Awesome, did not know that!

Did they show Motorstorm RC in that video and I just missed it? I admit I was skimming through it, so I could have missed it, but definitely everything I have read and seen about that game so far, I am very into it as well. I actually really enjoy the Motorstorm series, so it is a definite for me. Also did not know about the additional PS3 version for free if you got it. Icing on the cake.

What is fantastic for me is I recently had to renegotiate my Verizon FIOS cable and Internet contract. Well they had a deal if you signed up for a new 2 year contract, as long as you kept the service for 90 days, they would send you a Visa Gift Card for $300. I just got the email yesterday saying my gift card was being processed. My wife does not know it yet, but that card is literally going to be my "Visa Vita Card." So I am basically saying that entire gift card is only going to be used for Vita game purchases and nothing else. So that really should tied me over for a few months.

i went to Gamestop today to preorder my memory card. Their 'system' says they'll be released on the 8th. anyway, they had the Vita demo unit running. im quite impressed. it's very light, yet even bigger than imagined. The screen looks great, Uncharted looked great, but not quite PS3 quality. the touchscreen is pretty nice too. overall, im very excited for the 22nd!

Quite a few of the games silence their audio automatically if you have something playing in the background - Think I'll be using Vita as my gaming podcast device :)