Playstation Vita Thread

So I started playing a lot more Hot Shots recently and now I'm pretty much addicted. Had been a long time since I had played much of any HSG game, so it took a little while before I fully got the hang of things again (putting more than anything). Playing 9 holes generally takes me a touch under 15mins which seems to be the perfect amount of time for me when I'm at work. Can see it taking a decently long time to unlock a lot of the gear though with how much I've been playing it I think it's doable in the long term (assuming you're playing it somewhat casually). Wasn't sure how much I'd actually get into this game when I purchased it but I'm glad I did as I've enjoyed it so much more than I initially expected.

So I started playing a lot more Hot Shots recently and now I'm pretty much addicted. Had been a long time since I had played much of any HSG game, so it took a little while before I fully got the hang of things again (putting more than anything). Playing 9 holes generally takes me a touch under 15mins which seems to be the perfect amount of time for me when I'm at work. Can see it taking a decently long time to unlock a lot of the gear though with how much I've been playing it I think it's doable in the long term (assuming you're playing it somewhat casually). Wasn't sure how much I'd actually get into this game when I purchased it but I'm glad I did as I've enjoyed it so much more than I initially expected.

Definitely very happy to read this, as crazy enough, I have yet to even put it in my Vita yet, and I purchased the retail version. Main reason is I know I am going to enjoy it, so really waiting for a big dry spell, but also kind of hoping one never happens. So it is a Catch 22.

So I ordered a Vita a couple days ago along with a 16GB memory card and a case, also picked up Uncharted off Ebay and one of those Hori screen protectors which are apparently the best ones to get.

In what can be seen as a cruel twist of fate, my Vita and Uncharted have arrived but the memory card at this point is no where to be seen, typical, guess I can stare at the Uncharted box for a while, also picked up Wipeout online so that will be here next week I imagine.

I also ended up getting some pre-order box with it which is strange considering it wasn't mentioned when buying it, has some PS earphones and a ?5 off voucher for Little Deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Hustle kings or Escape Plan.

Can't say I know which to get though, not that I can play any till my memory card arrives.

So I ordered a Vita a couple days ago along with a 16GB memory card and a case, also picked up Uncharted off Ebay and one of those Hori screen protectors which are apparently the best ones to get.

In what can be seen as a cruel twist of fate, my Vita and Uncharted have arrived but the memory card at this point is no where to be seen, typical, guess I can stare at the Uncharted box for a while, also picked up Wipeout online so that will be here next week I imagine.

I also ended up getting some pre-order box with it which is strange considering it wasn't mentioned when buying it, has some PS earphones and a ?5 off voucher for Little Deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Hustle kings or Escape Plan.

Can't say I know which to get though, not that I can play any till my memory card arrives.

Well I will say it should be worth the wait!

And out of those 4 games, I would absolutely say SSD or Escape Plan, and really depends on what you want. SSD is guaranteed to be good if you like the PS3 version, it is the same thing but on the Vita. Escape Plan us a unique experience, all touch based, and you will either love it or hate it, no middle ground. I think it has a demo so may be worth checking it out first. So I am leaning towards recommending SSD.

Enjoy, let us know what you think when you start playing.

Well I will say it should be worth the wait!

And out of those 4 games, I would absolutely say SSD or Escape Plan, and really depends on what you want. SSD is guaranteed to be good if you like the PS3 version, it is the same thing but on the Vita. Escape Plan us a unique experience, all touch based, and you will either love it or hate it, no middle ground. I think it has a demo so may be worth checking it out first. So I am leaning towards recommending SSD.

Enjoy, let us know what you think when you start playing.

I ended up picking Escape Plan, having played and finished Super Stardust HD on the PS3 I figured I would go for something new instead, but I haven't payed it yet, also picked up Plants vs. Zombies too for when I want a change of pace, I've finished it on other platforms but it is a great game.

Uncharted and WIpeout are both pretty good too, Wipeout looks especially beautiful on the Vita's screen, and it took a little bit of time to get used to the smaller analog sticks for Uncharted but it feels almost like a full PS3 game just on a small screen, using motion controls to slightly adjust the aim was a great idea for the device and hopefully more developers use it to an advantage too.

The device as a whole is pretty awesome, I would still shoot whoever came up with the browser, and I wish Sony had done what MS did and limit patches, I put Wipeout in and had a patch ready to download at 137MB I think it was, which for a device where a lot of people are going to have smaller memory cards having big patches is really going to limit what people can stick on their Vita's.

And hopefully once the suite comes out we will start getting some proper apps for the device, the Facebook and Twitter apps are alright but are pretty much behind functionality wise any other modern mobile devices offerings.

My next retail purchase will probably be Gravity Rush, it looks awesome and is one of the reasons I wanted to pick up a Vita, so I can't wait to get it.

Just got Mortal Kombat from Gamefly today. Checked it out, seemed exactly like the full console game just on the Vita. I actually rented the original game for the PS3 when it was released, so I do have a reference point for this comment. So if someone was into the series, seeing it being a nice little game for them. Absolutely. Seems like the definitive version of MK for a handheld. Not so much my cup of tea, but I will check it out for a few hours before I send it back. Who knows, may even get into it.