AMD Catalyst Windows 8 Consumer Preview Driver (8.930.7 RC10 February 16)

Credit goes to asder00 from Guru3D

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=359369

> Download <

Feature highlights of the AMD Catalyst? driver for the Windows? 8 Consumer Preview:

Highlights include:

• Full WDDM 1.2
  • Native Stereo 3D support: Windows 8 will natively support Stereo 3D for full-screen and windowed gaming, and video applications
  • Unified Video API ? Video playback is now integrated within the DirectX? 11 API; enabling simultaneous high quality Video and 3D content, and the potential for enhanced video transcoding performance
  • Optimized screen rotation
  • improved sleep / resume performance
  • Optimized Power Consumption
  • AMD Eyefinity
  • OpenCL
  • OpenGL?
  • UVD
  • Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire? Technology
  • AMD Overdrive?
  • Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center

Please note: A future AMD Catalyst Windows 8 driver release will add support for the AMD Radeon? HD 7900 Series, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series in the coming weeks.

Build Info:

DriverVer=02/16/2012, 8.930.7.0000

8.93.7-120216m-134255E-ATI

CCC: 2012.0216.2321.41809

D3D: 7.14.10.0885

OGL: 6.14.10.11399

Who knows if it's legit WDDM 1.2, but it runs like a dream here. Tried out Skyrim and it ran better than Windows 7.

Who knows if it's legit WDDM 1.2, but it runs like a dream here. Tried out Skyrim and it ran better than Windows 7.

It has nothing to do with legit but everything to do with how one defines ''Full WDDM 1.2" when it could mean either it conforms to the minimum specifications as to be allowed to be called WDDM 1.2 Compliant or does implements the all the features (mandatory and optional).

To throw around the word 'legit' is an attempt to claim that I said ATI/AMD was lying about its compliancy of which I was never making such a claim in the first place.

So I take it that 4-series (DX 10.1) cards will not support WDDM 1.2?

Yep, ATI dropping the ball. On another note, after a full day of use, this driver is more stable than any Windows 7 driver has been. I'm impressed. Whether it's Microsoft or ATI's doing, who knows.

Are these different from the driver installed by the CP? I ran the driver download tool on AMD's site and it said it was up to date, and everything seems fine graphically on my pc.

Another nice benefit I noticed is No Reboot Required after installing the driver..... :)

Yep, WDDM 1.2 drivers are no longer allowed to neccessitate a restart after installation. I guess microsoft did this for tablets? I dunno.