The Walking Dead (Season 3)

For a finale it was 75% good. I kinder wanted more but

Hmmm. Not sure if I am feeling The Walking Dead season finale.

Had some excellent scenes no doubt, but really wanted some more closure.

I will say this though. Although it has been this way for quite some time now, tonights finale really does solidify the fact the TV show is just loosely inspired by the comic book. I am sure tonights episode will grow on me, but initial impressions are I definitely expected more.

Same thoughts really. Couldn't of said it better my self. Let's hope Season 4 picks off. I really love some episodes where they are back in the city.

Just watched the finale - pretty good stuff, I thought. ;)

Some observations:

-

Aliens references? The claustrophobic atmosphere in the tunnels, smoke, random gunfire, the Governor screaming "Hold your fire!". Also, the face-hugger like finger movement when zombified Milton re-awakens.

-

Did the Governor really gun-down everyone (well, all but three folks) who left the prison?!

-

How on earth are they going to look after (feed) all those Woodbury survivors in that run-down prison.

-

Indeed, why not just say "f*ck the prison, let's move into Woodbury!"

-

Karen is surely a love interest for Daryl in the next season...

Good show, but I'm really looking forward to Mad Men's return next week! ;)

Dunno why people are spoilering things considering the episode aired last night.

Sad for Andrea, she went so much further in the comic. Bit disappointed how they all went back to the prison and the Governor just disappears, looks like we may have another season at the prison.

As for the Woodbury survivors, Woodbury had a fully stocked supply room/house, they found a bus so there is no reason why they couldn't pick up all the supplies.

The prison is more safe and defensible than an open town.

A lot of people seemed disappointed in the Finale. I think mainly because they have been building up to this fight all season, and it wasn't as explosive, also that the Governor didn't die.I know a lot of people on their FB page want less drama more zombie killing, and for the group to be back on the road.

I liked the finale a lot though, It was nice to see Rick come full circle, although wouldn't Woodbury be better than the prison.

The season finale was ok in my opinion. They did some things well and others not so much. For instance, I love that fact that Andrea died. I HATED her character, especially since Andrea in the comics is SOOO much better. However, I don't like HOW she died. We saw her get free of the chair well before zombie-milton got to her. I find it hard to believe she let him get that big of a bite on her neck.

I also don't like the fact that they are going to drag out the Governor story for longer than it already has been. He's a good villain, but it's run its course. And why would those two guys stay with him after watching him gun down people they knew? I know they're "bad", but they all can't be psychopaths...

I love the fact that they took another huge step with Carl's character. He is so bad ass in the comics, I'm glad to see they are keeping his TV character in line with how he should be.

And Glenn in his is riot suit! :D

I also don't like the fact that they are going to drag out the Governor story for longer than it already has been. He's a good villain, but it's run its course. And why would those two guys stay with him after watching him gun down people they knew? I know they're "bad", but they all can't be psychopaths...

Martinez did look worried but didn't want to question it

Dunno why people are spoilering things considering the episode aired last night.

Spoilering it because we dont all live in the USA and can watch it on tv

I dont mind though people should know if they dont wanna find stuff out dont come in the thread

I thought it was pretty good. Everyone seems disappointed due to the fact that it wasn't predictable..Good opener for season 4

Me being disappointed in it has zero to do with the fact it wasn't predictable. I actually hope it is never predictable.

It does however have everything to do with what I said, I feel like there was not any closure. And just reading what Rappy wrote in spoilers after my last post, really kind of urks me to no end. As I feel he was a great character even, but I really would have loved to see the series continue moving forward and end this whole story arc of Woodbury and The Governor. That is clearly not going to happen. That is disappointing to me.

I dont know, could it be perhaps we are respectful of others?

I do not think just because something aired a day ago on TV (less technically), that does not all of a sudden mean people should not use spoiler tags.

I personally know a whole lot of people who no longer pay for any cable service provider, so they have to rely on other means to watch their TV, such as Hulu, Torrents, etc., so they simply just do not get to watch things anymore the moment they air. I also know of people who DVR everything just because they hate commercials.

So just because some people have already seen it, does not mean all people have. I really think it is just a matter of being respectful towards the fact not everyone can watch a TV show right when it airs. If you do not see the need to be respectful towards others, so be it. I personally do.

The spoiler tag talk reminds me of the "Lost Thread" where people used to complain how there were spoilers everywhere, it's that old thing though if you haven't seen don't enter just like I am doing with Game of Thrones thread.

• Like 1

I dont know, could it be perhaps we are respectful of others?

I do not think just because something aired a day ago on TV (less technically), that does not all of a sudden mean people should not use spoiler tags.

I am not a moron, I don't go into threads named with seasons in the title if I haven't seen the latest episode. So what, just because some people haven't seen it we should spoiler it indefinately because there will always be someone who hasn't seen the episode even when the Walking Dead is cancelled and off the air.

Or, I dunno, people can use their brains and not come in here?

I was quite disappointed in the finale. If you haven't seen it, don't read on!

First of all, as a British guy, the amount of adverts on last night was atrocious. I streamed last weeks live too and there wasn't that amount of adverts...ridiculous. It kind of ruins the show altogether. Yes, the UK does have adverts as well but only one set every 15 minutes...not every 5 minutes that then causes the show to overrun because too many are being shown.

All the way through the back half of this season there's been a push for a big finale with big explosions and a lot of combat, etc etc. I may not be a big fan of too much fighting in one go, but I think that whole scene where 2 people managed to fight off 30 odd people with grenade launchers and the works managed to scare everyone off. WTF?

Then they go back, and the governor turns on them all. Of course, the woman (forgotten her name) survives, as we all would know as she's been given a bit of character from previous episodes. Then the governor and his 2 men drive off...where? It shows the car but I don't know what direction, it didn't make that clear. It should have at least given us an idea of where they were going; back to Woodbury, the prison...

And why did Rick not decide to go to Woodbury? They have supplies, better defenses yet he decides to ship everyone off back to the crappy prison? You could say he was worried that the Governor had gone back to attack, but I didn't see him asking anyone that question, he was more concerned about seeing pregnant Lori on the bridge again.

I don't think Andrea should, really, have died either. I know in real life people shouldn't die and it shouldn't be predictable, but I think it could have worked out so much better if Andrea had killed the Governor at the end.

And that leads me on to...why do we need more of the prison? We've had a season full of it, it's time to move on. But nope, Glen Mazzara obviously has issues with moving the group out of areas and likes to over-stretch storylines. Thankfully he's out for Season 4 and beyond so I'm hoping by the 3rd episode the Governor is dead and they're on the road again, hopefully heading for

Alexandria

• Like 1

I was also very disappointed in the finale. All that buildup was really for nothing. Also, what are we supposed to look forward to next season? There's no tease whatsoever. Unless the ending shot had something to do with it.

The season finale was pretty good in my opinion. Didn't end as I hoped though. Looking forward to the next season :)

And why did Rick not decide to go to Woodbury? They have supplies, better defenses yet he decides to ship everyone off back to the crappy prison? You could say he was worried that the Governor had gone back to attack, but I didn't see him asking anyone that question, he was more concerned about seeing pregnant Lori on the bridge again.

It's not as safe as the prison as was demonstrated in the last episode, a handful of survivors can survive against attackers with military weapons, Rick knows the prison, he doesn't know Woodbury and its weak points. They had a bus to ship the people from the town to the prison, there is no reason why they didn't fill the bus up with the supplies from the supply house they just didn't show it.

He wasn't concerned about seeing Lori again, he kept looking for her demonstrating that he has finally got over her death and every horrible thing that has happened to them.

Season Three Finale Of THE WALKING DEAD Delivers Series High Ratings With 12.4M Viewers

Despite facing stiff competition from the season three premiere of HBO's Game of Thrones (which broke records with an impressive 4.4 million), last night's finale of The Walking Dead managed to beat its mid-season premiere for an all-time series high.

The season finale was pretty good in my opinion. Didn't end as I hoped though. Looking forward to the next season :)

Same, I thought it was alright. Not spectacular, but definitely not bad. Could have done with a cliffhanger though. October's quite a ways off and no major "what now" questions lingering.

Do agree with the others about the number of commercials though, extended the run time a bit just to pack more in, that was bad.

I was also very disappointed in the finale. All that buildup was really for nothing. Also, what are we supposed to look forward to next season? There's no tease whatsoever. Unless the ending shot had something to do with it.

I agree. I think the death of Andrea was supposed to make up for a lackluster episode for the most part. And of course, the predictable, drop the pliers at least once. Then run out of time to save yourself from Zombie Milton because you chose to sit still while having a long drawn out conversation with him, insuring he would turn before you were free and gathered ...really predictable and a letdown there.

I also think Carl made the right decision, though I know what they were trying to show, they didn't do it convincingly enough IMO.

The Governor storyline was incredibly weak as well. The whole Prison assault was a letdown. Then Martinez and his homie just watching the Governor mow down all their people including women? They're all psychopaths then? And if the Governor find another group of people next season, who he can dupe for who are OK with his butcherous psychopathy, I might just lose interest. Entertaining, but really disappointing for the finale. Last week's episode would have been better as a finale.

• Like 1