joke pic images

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 butilikethecookie

butilikethecookie

Neowinian

• 465 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 17:29

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You mean metro screen backgrounds with circles, curves, etc.? I'd like to see a black background without any patterns, just like in Windows Phone OS.

Edit: I mean black background for any of the color schemes. Right now, I'm using light gray, and I think there's not enough contrast between the background and grey tiles.

Yeah why are non-metro app tiles the same color as the background? It is very annoying to me. People who have OCD are going to have a lot of fun with metro...

#17 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 17:30

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You mean metro screen backgrounds with circles, curves, etc.? I'd like to see a black background without any patterns, just like in Windows Phone OS.

Edit: I mean black background for any of the color schemes. Right now, I'm using light gray, and I think there's not enough contrast between the background and grey tiles.

Yea I think the circles, curves, and so forth, look awful and distracting. I think they're putting it in for people who would complain that Metro was too "boring."

#18 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,428 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 12 April 2012 - 17:43

You can chose to not have any circles or any oth that stuff in the metro background, just plain color...

#19 amnesiality

amnesiality

Neowinian

• 1,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 17:44

Yeah why are non-metro app tiles the same color as the background? It is very annoying to me. People who have OCD are going to have a lot of fun with metro...

New color schemes are coming, I don't think they'd just leave them like they are now.

Posted Image

Yea I think the circles, curves, and so forth, look awful and distracting. I think they're putting it in for people who would complain that Metro was too "boring."

I have circles (the thin ones) and I think they're fine. But people are going to b*tch about metro being boring (like me, when I first tried W8), with or without backgrounds. The problem with W8 metro is, that it looks kind of toy-ish. I think they should give it a more "exclusive/expensive" look and feel. It's hard to explain, but I've that feeling when I was playing with Lumia 800. I don't know why, maybe I'm just weird. :)

#20 htcz

htcz

Neowinian Senior

• 1,821 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 17:49

So the images of Windows 1.0 sitting beside a Windows 8 screenshot are getting a little old. A guy in one of my G+ circles posted this just now though, and I had to share with you guys because this one is a little bit surprising at how similar they actually look.

If you think these two look alike, you seriously have problems.

AOL and Windows 8's design are horrible but they have nothing in common.

#21 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 17:51

You can chose to not have any circles or any oth that stuff in the metro background, just plain color...

Yea that doesn't change the fact that theyre awful imo, and the system defaults to them instead of defaulting to plain color...

#22 amnesiality

amnesiality

Neowinian

• 1,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:00

Yea that doesn't change the fact that theyre awful imo, and the system defaults to them instead of defaulting to plain color...

The last OS having a plain color by default was Win95, if I remember correctly (could be completely wrong though). Xp, Vista, 7, all of them had wallpapers by default. Don't like it? Change it, it's not such a big deal.

#23 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:22

The last OS having a plain color by default was Win95, if I remember correctly (could be completely wrong though). Xp, Vista, 7, all of them had wallpapers by default. Don't like it? Change it, it's not such a big deal.

Yea, I did change it. There are going to be a lot of people leaving it on the default and I just think its a bad decision to make that the default.

There are also more attractive ways to make the Start Screen less boring imo, if they wanted to do that.

#24 Bonfire

Bonfire

Neowinian Senior

• 6,998 posts
  • Phone: Rotary Dial

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:26

If you think these two look alike, you seriously have problems.

AOL and Windows 8's design are horrible but they have nothing in common.

If you can't see the similarity it might be you with the problem.

#25 amnesiality

amnesiality

Neowinian

• 1,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:34

Yea, I did change it. There are going to be a lot of people leaving it on the default and I just think its a bad decision to make that the default.

There are also more attractive ways to make the Start Screen less boring imo, if they wanted to do that.

I'm not sure I understand you here. Like it? Leave it on. Hate it? Turn it off (or change to another one). Simple. Plus, you don't even know what kind of backgrounds will be available in the final version.

#26 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:35

I'm not sure I understand you here. Like it? Leave it on. Hate it? Turn it off (or change to another one). Simple. Plus, you don't even know what kind of backgrounds will be available in the final version.

Like I said, I did turn it off.

I think its a bad decision by Microsoft. You can't criticize a company's decisions, there always has to be a personal reason for disliking something?

#27 amnesiality

amnesiality

Neowinian

• 1,033 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:41

Like I said, I did turn it off.

I think its a bad decision by Microsoft. You can't criticize a company's decisions, there always has to be a personal reason for disliking something?

Yeah I understood that. I was referring to other people who might hate the default background. And I'm almost certain that the background will change in the final version. Beta is not for those who don't know how to change it.

#28 htcz

htcz

Neowinian Senior

• 1,821 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 21:09

If you can't see the similarity it might be you with the problem.

Like I said, there are no similarities. If you want, then all OSs look like since they use squared windows/tiles. Even back in the command line days, where the cursor was a white/gray rectangle.

There are no similarities. Period.

#29 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• 17,482 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 12 April 2012 - 21:16

As a web designer, I love it. I'm so sick of making those "apple style" designs (faux leather, gradients, noise textures, etc.). Simplicity FTW.

On a 4-inch screen I agree. On a 27-inch screen those solid colors become dreadful to look at.

#30 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,797 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 12 April 2012 - 21:58

And Windows 9 will be a brick wall background with graffiti titles 'sprayed' on it -- in keeping with the dumbing down of the USA, and the world. :wacko:

While I think Windows 8 and Metro will ultimately do fine, I do agree forcing it at this time with no option to disable for boot directly to desktop is another example of dumbing down of America. Rap Music, Reality TV, now Metro on the Desktop ... smh, lol.