19 replies to this topic

#16 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 27 October 2012 - 18:04

How long since you installed DT

the new versions are just as light as VCD, only with better OS integrations and interface, doesn't require reboots.

So what where you complaining about, VCD is like a hobby toy compared to DT, DT just has a much better interface tool package and connect menu integration.

#17 cleverclogs

cleverclogs

Neowinian

Posted 27 October 2012 - 21:54

I don't appear to have an option to mount ISOs in my Win8 RTM installation :/ any ideas?

EDIT: It was because I needed to set ISO's to open with EXPLORER, and not anything else.

#18 Innuendo

Innuendo

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 October 2012 - 22:13

Daemon Tools, people still use that atrocity?

It's true that early versions of Daemon Tools were invasive & heavy-handed with the system, but the latest versions are quite lean & mean. SPTD is even optional now in that it's only needed if one is wanting to access copy-protected disc images.

The way Daemon Tools integrates into the OS is very elegant these days. Some versions are pretty pricy, though. However, I was fortunate to grab their Advanced version during their Spring/Summer sale cheap.

Anyway, if you haven't tried Daemon Tools in a long time, I encourage you to try it again.

#19 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 18 April 2013 - 15:09

Problem with the built in tool in win8 is that it keeps adding drives, and there's not max settings. So instead of reusing the same virtual drive, eventually you'll have like 8 drives...

And this is a problem *how*?

Virtual drives using Windows 8's built-in tools use far less space than the alternatives - any of them - that you HAD to use in Windows 7. (Same applies to Windows Server 2012 compared to Server 2008R2 and earlier, and for the identical reasons.) In fact, if anything, it is of far greater utility for me BECAUSE there's no real need for virtual-drive management. Besides, it is also utterly transparent to software that can access physical drives (such as VMware or other desktop-virtualization tools0.

#20 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 18 April 2013 - 15:17

Please don't try to resuscitate stuff that's been dead for a year. Zombies aren't pretty. :)