Shocking "white power" Apartheid Linux

What's funny is this is considered racist but the muslim distro from a while back wasn't.

Islam isn't a race.

Did the distro that's for Muslims promote discrimination in any way? This one promotes white supremacy, but there isn't anything wrong with releasing a distro customised for people's specific likes (e.g. one that is customised with content from Islam and marketed as for Muslims).

I take it they learned how to use computers in Alabama now. Lol

:glare:

Birmingham, the largest city in Alabama has the fourth highest percentage of Blacks/African Americans in the country.

Montgomery, the second largest city in Alabama has the 9th highest percentage of Blacks/African Americans in the country.

While, I do laugh at most "Alabama" jokes because a lot of the stereotypes can be true, but Alabama being a "racist" state stereotype should have been dead a looooooong time ago. It is no more racist than anywhere else in the south.

Sorry, just had to rant.

I started reading through some of the comments on the distributions site, people asking for the removal of Israeli language packs... Its a sad state of affairs when people think like this.

So, um, apart from the distro's name and default wallpaper, is there anything actually racist about it? Does it refuse to boot if you use a non-caucasian-sounding name? Does it automatically send hatemail to a predefined list of non-whites?

So, um, apart from the distro's name and default wallpaper, is there anything actually racist about it? Does it refuse to boot if you use a non-caucasian-sounding name? Does it automatically send hatemail to a predefined list of non-whites?

It uses face recognition to detect if you're white. If not it refuses to login and overloads your hardware until everything burns through.

It uses face recognition to detect if you're white. If not it refuses to login and overloads your hardware until everything burns through.

lol

Muslim Linux wasn't racist or offensive. I'm a hardcore anti-theist but if they want to make software to help them follow their religion better I fully support that choice. This however is extremely offensive. And the people claiming it's just about "white pride" are just kidding themselves to avoid admitting being bigots. It's about racism.

I'm all for accommodating people's feelings as much as possible, without others being hurt.

And that is precisely why I've chosen not to support Microsoft in their misson to force Metro down everyone's throats.

There's a problem if a white person believes he or she is superior to all people of another ethnic origin. That's what white supremacists believe.

Yeah. It's kinda like Christians vs. Atheists. Or Republicans vs Democrats.

Muslim Linux wasn't racist or offensive. I'm a hardcore anti-theist but if they want to make software to help them follow their religion better I fully support that choice. This however is extremely offensive. And the people claiming it's just about "white pride" are just kidding themselves to avoid admitting being bigots. It's about racism.

that's just the thing though. You can't say you're proud of your white heritage without being labeled a racists and a bigot. Everyone else can; just not white people.

that's just the thing though. You can't say you're proud of your white heritage without being labeled a racists and a bigot. Everyone else can; just not white people.

Most people don't say it because there's no rational reason to be proud of your skin colour. And as I stated, there's a difference between being proud of your heritage and being a racist, the vast majority of people that do things like this are racists.

Yeah. It's kinda like Christians vs. Atheists. Or Republicans vs Democrats.

yeah. just to avoid being labeled racists they will move the fight to something that is as close a proxy as they can get

political correctness has simply made actual racists(sexists, etc) go on the down low make themselves more appealing.

Most people don't say it because there's no rational reason to be proud of your skin colour. And as I stated, there's a difference between being proud of your heritage and being a racist, the vast majority of people that do things like this are racists.

for me all it takes a simple thought experiment

imagine the evening news is reporting on a black pride parade. How would it be described? Would mention be made if the black panthers were there and to what extent would the news piece dedicate to that ?

now imagine a the evening news reporting on a white pride parade. There are NO KLAN, NO SKIN HEADS, AND NO RACIST SIGNS OR MESSAGES. How would it be reported?

I promise you that the black pride parade would be described a positive demonstration of racial and ethnic pride.. even with the panthers, even with racists signs, even if there was some violence. The white pride parade would be everytime described as a bunch of redneck racists who want to murder black babies even if no racists or racist messages existed in the parade,

How the media describes them has absolutely no relevance to my point, or to the issue at hand. The issue at hand is this Linux distribution, and this Linux distribution was clearly designed by racists for racists, the use of the word "Apartheid" made this abundantly clear. What was that you just said about proxying an argument to make your point of view more appealing?

How the media describes them has absolutely no relevance to my point, or to the issue at hand. The issue at hand is this Linux distribution, and this Linux distribution was clearly designed by racists for racists, the use of the word "Apartheid" made this abundantly clear. What was that you just said about proxying an argument to make your point of view more appealing?

this distro clearly isn't offensive to any rational human being. they changed a "start:" button and changed a back ground image. Showing images of black people hanging is offensive. Showing president obama as a monkey is offensive(but open game since dems did it to bush). White people have become a bunch of bedwetters too scared of their heritage.

Why would you be proud of your "white heritage" instead of merely being proud of your heritage? What has been white got to do with anything? Such a value does appear to be racist because it seems you're suggesting your heritage is more superior due to the fact it's white.

• Like 2

I think you'll find that there are millions of people in South Africa that would find the term Apartheid extremely offensive, and there are many more all over the world (both black and white) that would find it's implications equally offensive. You can keep trying to rationalise your bigotry on any terms you want, but the fact is that it's still bigotry.

Hell if using words like "Apartheid" to display your support for a racial policy that made blacks worthless as human beings is "showing pride in one's heritage" then I don't want to take any pride in mine. I'm a 21st century person not a 19th century racist nutjob.

Why would you be proud of your "white heritage" instead of merely being proud of your heritage? What has been white got to do with anything? Such a value does appear to be racist because it seems you're suggesting your heritage is more superior due to the fact it's white.

racist means that you believe that you are better than others based on your race. Being proud of your racial contributions to history, math, science, etc is not believing that you are better than others. For example Muslims invented algebra and kept books and learning alive during white people dark age. Different is not particularly better... and even if one attribute is better it does not mean all attributes are.

• Like 1

this distro clearly isn't offensive to any rational human being. they changed a "start:" button and changed a back ground image. Showing images of black people hanging is offensive. Showing president obama as a monkey is offensive(but open game since dems did it to bush). White people have become a bunch of bedwetters too scared of their heritage.

yup, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your specific white heritage. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. But on another note, I think this isn't the issue here. Using neo nazi symbols and racist symbolism isn't exactly the most well rounded approach to using linux. Its unneeded.

racist means that you believe that you are better than others based on your race. Being proud of your racial contributions to history, math, science, etc is not believing that you are better than others. For example Muslims invented algebra and kept books and learning alive during white people dark age. Different is not particularly better... and even if one attribute is better it does not mean all attributes are.

What contribution exactly did the policy of Apartheid make to Science, math, and history?

What contribution exactly did the policy of Apartheid make to Science, math, and history?

i don't know to what extent the policy of apartheid made to south africa.. but those who advocated it and enforced it did manage to create the most modern african country.