Shocking "white power" Apartheid Linux

i don't know to what extent the policy of apartheid made to south africa.. but those who advocated it and enforced it did manage to create the most modern african country.

yeh RSA was the most modern African country before Apartheid even, so this doesn't make sense.

Are you actually trying to suggest that Apartheid was a positive thing? Well I think you just revealed your true nature.

Are you actually trying to suggest that Apartheid was a positive thing? Well I think you just revealed your true nature.

no. but i'm saying that it's not particularly as devistating as it was made out to be and things are not particularly better without it.

like they are now #1 for HIV

HIV/AIDS - people living with HIV/AIDS: field_listing_on.gif

5.6 million (2009 est.) country comparison to the world: 1

The removal of apartheid was never about making the country economically or politically better, it was about giving people equal rights. I've yet to see you come up with any rational reason to show why people shouldn't have equal treatment under the law. And the more you post, the more obvious you're making it that you're not "proud of your heritage" at all, you're just a racist. And like all racists, you make excuses to try and cover up your latent racism.

The removal of apartheid was never about making the country economically or politically better, it was about giving people equal rights. I've yet to see you come up with any rational reason to show why people shouldn't have equal treatment under the law. And the more you post, the more obvious you're making it that you're not "proud of your heritage" at all, you're just a racist. And like all racists, you make excuses to try and cover up your latent racism.

i never advocated apartheid or said that people shouldn't have equal rights have I? I've only argued that you're a bedwetter for being offeneded by a computer's default wallpaper. I'm glad you're offended. People like you should be ignored. Saying your offended is just admitting that other people have to mind your emotions because you can not.

i never advocated apartheid or said that people shouldn't have equal rights have I? I've only argued that you're a bedwetter for being offeneded by a computer's default wallpaper. I'm glad you're offended. People like you should be ignored. Saying your offended is just admitting that other people have to mind your emotions because you can not.

Coming from someone as obviously bigoted as you are, I'll take that as a compliment.

Coming from someone as obviously bigoted as you are, I'll take that as a compliment.

in other words you've got nothing. You're offended and have been backed into liberal default. If you can't win an arguement cry racist, sexist, bigot.

in other words you've got nothing. You're offended and have been backed into liberal default. If you can't win an arguement cry racist, sexist, bigot.

Pretty rich really, considering I haven't seen you offer anything for this discussion. If I'm a "typical liberal" then you're also a typical rightie. Defending anyone that's racist, homophobic, or sexist and criticising those of us that still have compassion for other people. The fact that you dislike me isn't insulting, it pleases me. I don't want vile wastes of breathing space to like me.

Pretty rich really, considering I haven't seen you offer anything for this discussion. If I'm a "typical liberal" then you're also a typical rightie. Defending anyone that's racist, homophobic, or sexist and criticising those of us that still have compassion for other people. The fact that you dislike me isn't insulting, it pleases me. I don't want vile wastes of breathing space to like me.

we're discussing a wallpaper and a start button that might be quasi offensive to people who wet their beds. What more is there to say?

the funny thing is that people like you would boycott this even if it were the best linux distro on the market and you could easily change the wall paper and start button and it's use in no way supported racists.

So what's "shocking" about this, exactly? That racists exist or that they have enough brain cells to change a wallpaper?

nothing . It's manufactured outrage. You find far more offensive things in youtube comments section.

Hey guys, I'm new here. I have been using Linux for years now and this topic caught my attention so I figured I would throw my opinion in- not just for this topic but other Linux things too. ^^ Anyways, I downloaded this in a torrent from TPB a while back but haven't really had the chance to use it much (yet). I just feel the need to chip in after reading some of the comments here.

I wanna know what base its based on

It's based on PCLinuxOS, just with different software/programs, graphics, rebranded, etc... The whole nine yards.

White Supremacists.... is there no end to the bigotry of some people? :no:

There's a problem if a white person believes he or she is superior to all people of another ethnic origin. That's what white supremacists believe.

I take it they learned how to use computers in Alabama now. Lol

The above three quotes sound an awful lot like bigotry to me... Hmm... Who says it was made by White supremacists or that it's what the person who made this believes in? No one- that's prejudgemental bias and bigotry as well. Notice how the "White Power" is in quotes in the thread title? It's because it's implied.

Never once set foot in Alabama, either. I've been in most other states though. ;)

No reason Whites can't be proud -- it's OK for anybody else.

And thank you. :)

It's true.

No one is forcing it down your guys' throats, you guys are the ones bringing it to other people's attention and acting like we are pushing propaganda to you.

What's funny is this is considered racist but the muslim distro from a while back wasn't.

I was about to ask this, Would Neowin take away links for a Muslim distro? Doubt it.

What's funny is this is considered racist but the muslim distro from a while back wasn't.

Thats because Islam is a religion, not a race.

That video is horrendous, it's discussing black people as if they're another species, THEY'RE NOT, THEY'RE HUMAN. Just thought I would shout that so you get the message. Also, are we supposed to feel somehow aggrieved because black people can actually progress educationally and economically as they always should have been able to, what with it BEING THEIR COUNTRY!?

As for the linux derivative, who cares. I've seen kid's computers before. It will get very little support and probably die quickly.

It just goes to show that if you give everyone advanced tools - in this case, Linux, there will be someone who uses it to make something terrible.

I'm not at all surprised that the first link I can find for it is on Stormfront, since this is the sort of thing I would expect to find on sites like that. I disagree with the views they hold. I find they're bigoted and massively outdated in the modern world, but they're welcome to hold onto them. It seems like a waste of talent to create something like Apartheid Linux when there are other cultures, and white people, who would use it otherwise. I don't fully know the reason for the offense at the triskelion (it's the basis for the Irish Air Force roundel so that's the one place I might recognise it from), but I'm assuming there's something.

The fact they're discussing using the Life Rune in the thread I found is telling, though, that this isn't just some kind of "Linux for Whites". It's Linux for whites who specifically are being offensive. It's an old Norse runic symbol, brought back into use by the SS during WWII. It has been used in smaller capacities elsewhere, but that's probably where it is recognised from since the SS brought a number of old runes back into use during their existence.

Still, if they're spending their time doing this then they're not committing crime out on the street. You can choose not to download Apartheid Linux and you don't really get that choice if they decide to attack you in the streets. Can't hurt to be optimistic about it I suppose.

It just goes to show that if you give everyone advanced tools - in this case, Linux, there will be someone who uses it to make something terrible.

I'm by no means a Linux expert but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure out how to change some artwork. Maybe I'll launch my own Sovereign Amsterdam: Amsterdam for the true people of Amsterdam! distribution. That'll show those damn hicks flooding the city each year?

:laugh:

I'm by no means a Linux expert but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure out how to change some artwork. Maybe I'll launch my own Sovereign Amsterdam: Amsterdam for the true people of Amsterdam! distribution. That'll show those damn hicks flooding the city each year? :laugh:

You're right! You should get Sovereign Amsterdam in development! There's a market for that! :D

Thats because Islam is a religion, not a race.

Islam like Mormonism are more akin to Cults than true Religions

Islam specifically is more than "just a religion", now for some education, Islam is a set of rules and laws that govern more than the everyday religious life of its practitioners, it is a whole way of life, Islam is supposed to override the laws of the Country they live in and is replaced by Sharia, which is 100% incompatible with the laws of any "modern" society that values freedom and equality. There is a reason some States have gone and passed such "controversial" laws as ruling out Sharia and other alternate law systems from being used, they are incompatible with the basis of the US and international laws, and that's not getting into the more truly controversial things Islam stands for that many try to blame on "extremists"

Of course I'm aware of that, but that isn't my point. My point is that our views are still forced upon them via the law?we are telling them that they cannot promote their views in public (hate speech), by passing those laws.

Islam isn't a race.

Did the distro that's for Muslims promote discrimination in any way? This one promotes white supremacy, but there isn't anything wrong with releasing a distro customised for people's specific likes (e.g. one that is customised with content from Islam and marketed as for Muslims).

Why would you be proud of your "white heritage" instead of merely being proud of your heritage? What has been white got to do with anything? Such a value does appear to be racist because it seems you're suggesting your heritage is more superior due to the fact it's white.

None of what you are saying is true... This isn't hate speech because the people who made this distro are not speaking to you, giving it to you or forcing it on you in any way... This is made for us, and whoever else wants it. It's also not a "White power" or "White supremacist" distro. I brought this thread to the person who created this and he said to let you all know that he got his inspiration from Mark Shuttleworth and Ubuntu. ;)

It is just ridiculous how people are saying this is all a crime and that we are forcing this on you... Or good thing we are inside on our computers instead of out causing crime, as if we are all a bunch of punk ass, racist, violent skinheads- or trying to push on everyone that we're all southern hicks... I can assure you, I'm not. But what you all are pushing, is called bigotry, which you are supposedly opposed to. Just because it's against a "White distro" does not mean it's any less racist than if it were another racial group's creation. Stop trying to justify and conceal your bigotry and spreading lies if you really are so against it. That is all I have to say about this thread.

Pretty rich, considering that what you're also pushing is bigotry, and a much worse form of bigotry. And we're just calling you what you are, a racist. You're trying to lie about and rationalise your own bigotry. But then most right wing nutjobs are well known for their cognitive dissonance so it shouldn't surprise those of us that can still think.

Yes, it would. But forcing beliefs on other people is fine in circumstances when their views lead to harm. Enacting laws is the state enforcing their beliefs on us, and that is done for many good reasons. The state passed a law stating that we cannot rape other people, as raping causes harm. People exist who believe raping is fine (I am not one of those people; this is just an example); however, the state is forcing their belief on those people in order to protect others.

No its not, anymore than someone defending themselves from a rapist is forcing their belief on the rapist by defending herself. Laws exist because people come together and form relationships that mutually benefit each other. The state is acting on behalf of the woman who has a right to protect herself. Laws don't exist just because people believe things are bad or things are good, and there ought to be a law restricting bad things and promoting good things.

That's an extreme example. I'm not promoting totalitarianism or a lack of democracy. In fact, my views lend themselves to democracy very well?if the majority of people believe some people's views are harmful, the majority should force their views on those people, in order to protect others in society (when enacting a law disallowing murder, when passing a law allowing interracial marriage etc.)

Again with this nonsense. You're using something that isn't forcing a belief on people to justifying actually forcing a belief on people. You know Nazis thought Jews were harming German society right? They argued that Jews were interested in Jewish nationalism (Zionism) and not the German people and the Jews in the elite class of German society were destroying it. Nazis also argued that Jews engaged in animal cruelty with Kosher laws and that they were swindlers. Hitler thought he was protecting society, he wasn't targeting Jews just because he thought he was better than them. To be blunt, fascists would have agreed with your logic. Mussolini wrote that that a fascist government represented the whole of the society and the interests of the whole community. Kruschev argued that the USSR was more democratic than the United States, even though 5 million political prisoners were still sitting in Gulags.

And what of people who think their race is better than others? I don't see that as different than people who think their culture is better than others, or their nation is better than others. Race is a kind of culture. It might be chauvinistic and a bit simplistic, but so what?

On the other hand, people who promote apartheid policies, like the group in this distro, are idiots and *******s. But I don't know why anyone takes them seriously. These are tiny groups that nobody would notice if people didn't get upset about them. But its easy to get outraged about tiny groups that don't matter.

I'm waiting for a black panther version with a picture of Trayvon or Zimmerman with a bullseye on it

Islam isn't a race.

It doesn't really matter, you can discriminate based on religion too, Boko Haram in Nigeria for example is killing all non Muslims it can and they regularly bombs churches, you can be an Islamic nazi even if it is not a race. I think that your comment shows ignorance and it is thanks to people like you that Islamic nazis are taking over Europe.