Leaving iPhone... moving to Galaxy S III

I suggest your stay with your iPhone because they provide more functionality to Galaxy s III. I like to use iPhone and I am not thinking to use another application. iPhone device support latest application and its very easy to use so think first think it.

who is saying android is subpar compared to ios must be nuts or so blind that doesnt see all the restrictions you have on ios. after all ios is a os for the masses for people that dont know what to do with the phone and do whatever apple tells them is allowed.

get out of the box and try new things.

who is saying android is subpar compared to ios must be nuts or so blind that doesnt see all the restrictions you have on ios. after all ios is a os for the masses for people that dont know what to do with the phone and do whatever apple tells them is allowed.

get out of the box and try new things.

Well I have used only android up to now. But moving to Ios soon. I have no need for so much open features. I have a droid (original) and samsung. Besides a few hiccups and forced closes every few days I not really have any issues. It just I want something more refined which I think Ios gives me. This is personal opinion only. I an stepping out of the box and for the first time going Ios. :D

Man, just don't. Really. IMO, when you're VERY USED to iOS, Android becomes weird. And I faced less app crashes on iPhone than I did when I used my Galaxy S II.

Think of functionality you're gonna miss: iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud backup (that is REALLY comfortable), and so on. I know you can have alternatives of such services on Android, but think of it: iOS is easier.

I suggest your stay with your iPhone because they provide more functionality to Galaxy s III. I like to use iPhone and I am not thinking to use another application. iPhone device support latest application and its very easy to use so think first think it.

And then he woke up.

STOP BUYING THE SH***Y GALAXY S3 !!!!

My God, are people stupid?! It's a pile of crap. Seriously, get the Google Nexus phone instead or an HTC One X ... the Galaxy is awful... Touchwiz is seriously retarded as far as software goes. The screen can't display white. Nope ... it can't. Put it next to an iPhone 4 or HTC One X and you'll see what I mean. I'm a designer and at it's max brightness, white is not possible. Light grey, sure ... but when you display #FFFFFF on the screen it doesn't come out as clean white. It's because the screen tech they use isn't bright enough.

For the love of heck, get the Google Nexus phone as it's sooooo much nicer and doesn't come with Touchwiz, plus is 10x nicer to look at, hold etc. Far far better device.

Or stick with iPhone which is better than all of them.

Anyways ... my advice here is based on serious experience. I have every top end device on my desk at work and at home and I work 80+ hours a week designing for these phones, and believe me ... the S3 is massively overrated by idiots who actually went out and bought one.

• Like 2

I've been issued a S3 from work and its ok-ish...

The Bad:

Poor plastic cheap quality.

very light- feels like a toy

android is very buggy- lag when scroling even though its such a high spec mobile,

crashing apps,

wifi connection to a pki/ca point is flaky.

Too big to hold. have to use 2 hands when ever using it.

The Good:

nothing really.. maybe the smart power down when battery is low is useful.

I've given the s3 phone back and getting a ip5 next week.

I've been issued a S3 from work and its ok-ish...

The Bad:

Poor plastic cheap quality.

very light- feels like a toy

android is very buggy- lag when scroling even though its such a high spec mobile,

crashing apps,

wifi connection to a pki/ca point is flaky.

Too big to hold. have to use 2 hands when ever using it.

The Good:

nothing really.. maybe the smart power down when battery is low is useful.

I've given the s3 phone back and getting a ip5 next week.

Believe me ... Android ICS/Jellybean is great .... IF it's actually Android. I don't even class Samsung and HTC's awful butchering of the system as Android. They're terrible. And yes, I agree ... the S3 is a cheap nasty device. The Google Nexus phone is so much nicer and if I was switching to Android as a personal phone, it's the only device I'd consider. Feels great, looks great, works great. Best Android phone on the market. And I know this for a damn fact as I work every day all day with all of the major top end devices.

Believe me ... Android ICS/Jellybean is great .... IF it's actually Android. I don't even class Samsung and HTC's awful butchering of the system as Android. They're terrible. And yes, I agree ... the S3 is a cheap nasty device. The Google Nexus phone is so much nicer and if I was switching to Android as a personal phone, it's the only device I'd consider. Feels great, looks great, works great. Best Android phone on the market. And I know this for a damn fact as I work every day all day with all of the major top end devices.

Samsung and HTC have always butchered the Android experience, I think Sony do a decent job with not destroying it too much and keeping the speed and smoothness there even with what seem lower spec phones. Unfortunately I've broken my Xperia S and awaiting a replacement, but as soon as I get it, CM9 will be going straight back on there :)

There are not many if any apps that are not already on Android, if by polish, you mean the ugly iOS look then fine, but let's be honest and drop the "no apps" lies

There are still no Windows Phone apps for Instagram, zeebox, Google+, Path, Draw Something, SongPop, all of the latest Angry Birds games (e.g. Angry Birds Space), many media outlets (e.g. The Verge), various startups, Facebook Messenger, Facebook Camera, and Facebook Pages Manager, among many others (including many Google services, which I don't care about). Not only that, but the apps that are most important to me (Facebook and Spotify) are not functional enough compared to their iOS and Android counterparts. The Spotify Windows Phone app doesn't even share my music listens to Facebook, which is the only reason I use Spotify over Zune/Xbox Music; the iOS app does and the Android app likely does (I haven't checked).

Samsung and HTC have always butchered the Android experience, I think Sony do a decent job with not destroying it too much and keeping the speed and smoothness there even with what seem lower spec phones. Unfortunately I've broken my Xperia S and awaiting a replacement, but as soon as I get it, CM9 will be going straight back on there :)

I know, it's absolutely shocking ... ICS is lovely as stock. Really beautiful OS and I applaud Google for specifically designing something new and exciting instead of ripping off Apple. Which is why Apple sued Samsung for so many things in the OS ... Because Google even went to Samsung and told them to not rip apple ... Why didn't they just brand the intro and rely on the quality of their device instead of basically slapping loads of Samsung crap all over it that no one wants? Because they can't just rely on hardware since they make such naff hardware :)

People complaining about Android crashing...

What ROM are you using? The one that came with your phone? Is it vendor based? If so, thank them. Get rid of the POS and put am AOKP / AOSP ROM on.

Android (pure) crashed VERY infrequently. About the same as iOS (I use both). The difference? iOS doesn't tell you, Android does.

The war rages on, I see...

I've got my S3 and I love it. Granted, I was without any kind of smartphone for a year before I bought it, so that may have some effect on my views, but for me it does everything I need it to do. But you really need to think about rooting your phone and putting on a custom ROM, the ones from the vendors can be pretty frustrating. Out of the apps that were preinstalled, I probably only used 1/4 of them, if that.