Leaving iPhone... moving to Galaxy S III

It's an iPhone 4, not a 4S but it's still slow as hell.

If iPhone 4 was that slow, then it had some hardware problems. I am no fan of iOS but iPhone 4/4S is not something I'd call "slow as hell".

I made the switch a few years ago, I couldn't be happier and am now on my second android device - the HTC One X which is brilliant and a great successor to my HTC Desire. Great thing with Android is its now at the stage where its recommendable to to others and at the same time still allows me to dig into the settings and change it to my requirements. I would love an Apple device with Android but thats never going to happen - hopefully Nokia will open up to it in the end.

I have to agree with you that, yes, Android's advantage over Apple is that their OS is quite customizable. You can pretty much do anything with it and make it look anyway you want. Apple needs to "open" iOS a little more and let the user customize its features any way they want. Icons, UI theme, animations off or on, etc. If Apple would allow the user to do that, it would be awesome and more people would stick with iOS because let's get real, the apps on the Android market stink. They are horrid and badly designed. Most of them have horrible UIs and crash not to mention lots of malware. iOS may be tight. IOS may not be as "open" as Android but you don't see malware on their apps store, you don't see the crappy, horrid apps you see on Google's market place. I have never, ever had any issues with my iPhone 4S or any of the apps I have. None. They simply work.

Sure, I am terribly annoyed at the stupid animations. I hate them with a passion. Hell, I even turned them completely off on my iMac and on my Windows 7 desktop. Animations are totally unnecessary and slow the device down. I personally prefer a snappy, instant response when I click on something, but that's just me.

That's absolute crap. The vast majority of Android applications I used worked just fine, maybe 1 in 15 was crap. And if you think Apple don't get malware on their app store you obviously haven't been keeping an eye on the news recently.

You guys keep complaining about the iPhone being slow and that is not really true. See, the fact and the truth is Apple is obsessed with animations and they want shove them on everything they make. You want the iPhone or iPad UI to respond quicker and super fast, it's very easy: Jailbreak it and install springtomize theoffset rid of those annoying animations forever. Now you iPhone UI will be as fast as the Galaxy III. Simple and easy.

As for me not being a fan of Android anymore, my reason is simple. I had an iPhone before jumping to Android. I got an HTC Inspire. Yes, the phone was super fast and reliable when I got it, but then as I used it and installed a few apps - no more than 10 - it began to slow down and act funny. Some apps were crashing. The phone became a nightmare. My GF had an Android phone as well and after a while it was the same thing. Also, Android is a target for malware and viruses. I have never heard of an iPhone being infected with anything. The iPhone is reliable and it simply works like its designed to do. I have never had any app crash on me at all on the iPhone....never.

"The iPhone is reliable and it simply works like its designed to do" and "Jailbreak it and install springtomize theoffset rid of those annoying animations forever. Now you iPhone UI will be as fast as the Galaxy III" do not go together

• Like 2

"The iPhone is reliable and it simply works like its designed to do" and "Jailbreak it and install springtomize theoffset rid of those annoying animations forever. Now you iPhone UI will be as fast as the Galaxy III" do not go together

Then you simply do not understand. Let me tell you in plain english:

1. iPhone 4S works like it was designed to do. It is reliable and rock solid

2. It is fast, but if you want the UI to 'feel" snappier, then jailbreak it and turn off the UI animations.

I've tried to go Android twice and both times came back to iOS. I think it was a combination of slow speed on the Android devices and a lot of money invested in iOS apps.

I wish Apple would give the user the option to completely turn off all animations on iOS6. Some people do not like animations and I am one of them. I like a phone to be snappy and open fast when I click on it. I don't want to see any delays and I think it is very disrespectful of Apple not to allow the user to turn off the animations on iOS so I hope they let us do that on the new iOS6.

just like switching from Windows to a Mac, after a while it all starts making sense

Are people like you that make me earn $ 70 per hour. Keep up with this idea hahahahahaah

Then you simply do not understand. Let me tell you in plain english:

1. iPhone 4S works like it was designed to do. It is reliable and rock solid

2. It is fast, but if you want the UI to 'feel" snappier, then jailbreak it and turn off the UI animations.

oh no, i understood... to make the iphone 4s as fast as the s3, you need to jailbreak it and fix it...

oh no, i understood... to make the iphone 4s as fast as the s3, you need to jailbreak it and fix it...

Fix it? - NO. Again, there is nothing wrong with it.

Jailbreak - Yes, to be able to disable the animations.

You are an obvious Android fanboy and you are one of those who refuses to accept that the iPhone and iOS is a great system. Android has potential, yes, but it has a long way to go before it can take over iOS.

People these days..

I too was so close to switching to Andriod from iPhone 4. Was about to join the bandwagon and played around with a few s3's. Impressed, but barely overly. Might hold out for the new iPhone simply because I have been using iphones since 2008 and it has just worked fine for what I use a phone for.

Over the whole "hacking" a phone stage of my life haha :p

Fix it? - NO. Again, there is nothing wrong with it.

Jailbreak - Yes, to be able to disable the animations.

I just wouldn't use a platform where you had to jailbreak it just to do something simple like disabling animations, but to each their own.

You are an obvious Android fanboy and you are one of those who refuses to accept that the iPhone and iOS is a great system. Android has potential, yes, but it has a long way to go before it can take over iOS.

Android can already do everything that iOS can, and more, and has greater market share. I'd say it's already overtaken iOS, especially given the amount of copying Apple did with iOS 5

Android can already do everything that iOS can, and more, and has greater market share. I'd say it's already overtaken iOS, especially given the amount of copying Apple did with iOS 5

Android copied iOS long before iOS copied Android. The whole entire planet knows that. No, Android cannot do everything iOS can. They wish they could.

Android copied iOS long before iOS copied Android. The whole entire planet knows that. No, Android cannot do everything iOS can. They wish they could.

Name one thing that iOS can do that Android can't. Android phones supported 3G before the iPhone did, they supported MMS before the iPhone did, you still can't use bluetooth OBEX on the iPhone, they had a unified notification system before the iPhone. Apple don't invent everything, as hard as that concept is for you folks to grasp.

What things can it do that Android can not?

Well the iPhone 4 was slow because it had only 1 core and I think the new iOS was just too much for the CPU. I think that's why Apple made the iPhone 4S with 2 cores. You know Apple, they won't admit their issues. They like to keep things quiet. But I can tell you that the 4S works great.

The "phone needs to be rooted" or "the phone needs more cores to operate better" has long been an argument of anti android people here. So essentially you are saying the same is needed for iPhone.

No, Android cannot do everything iOS can. They wish they could.

Nice blanket statement there. Care to elaborate?

iTunes media store... meh. Plenty of DRM free stores that work nicely with Android devices. To me, not using iTunes is more of a selling point than having to use it.

Airplay... DLNA.

Find my iPhone... Something similar in HTC Sense

Better support... subjective opinion at best

Better battery life... subjective depending on usage scenarios at best. Give iOS the same advanced multitasking capabilities (and I mean full multitasking not the half assed implementation iOS currently has) and it would chew battery too.

iTunes... as above, iTunes is a pile of crap especially on Windows. The fact that you don't need proprietary crapware to sync Android devices is a big plus for me.

No crapware... absolute rubbish, there are plenty of useless apps on iOS, and statistical data suggests that iOS apps crash just as much as Android apps do.

Better apps... even more rubbish, I've never found an app on iOS that I haven't seen an equivalent for on Android.

Well designed... I disagree with that statement, a row of icons on a bland background isn't good design, it's extremely boring.

Consistency? lol, seriously? I know what I'm getting with an Android phone as well because I'm not an idiot. I do my research.

And the writer of your second article is clearly a moron of the highest order. ChromeOS has absolutely no relevance to Android at all, they're aimed at totally different markets.

Better apps... even more rubbish, I've never found an app on iOS that I haven't seen an equivalent for on Android.

this is the only one i will disagree with you slightly with, and only for one app

the only app iOS has there there is no real good alternative for on Android is TweetBot

I don't waste much time on Twitter anyway but I consider the default Twitter client to be just fine for the majority of twitter user's needs.

I don't waste much time on Twitter anyway but I consider the default Twitter client to be just fine for the majority of twitter user's needs.

neither do I, I use it mostly for following a few youtubers and a couple other people, but I liked a few of Tweetbot's features and way of doing things