Jump to content
|Topic||Stats||Last action by|
|Giving a presentation and would like advice for overcoming nerves||
|Windows 10 build 9926 - Change start screen colour||
|Windows 10 Technical Preview||
|How do you keep safe?||
|Does Windows 10 use memory cards?||
Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:06
Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:05
Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:13
Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:16
Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:26
Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:30
Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:31
Whatever the NDA, I don't care
1. During installation, they still have the faux Aero borders to setup window.
2. The first thing I noticed after install is the new sound scheme which got annoying in exactly 5 minutes. (Disabled it)
3 . You cannot change user pic or some start screen background unless you activate.
4. N version has no media features so you cannot benchmark your system using Windows Experience Index.
5. The new non aero theme is totally sucky.
6. Icons have not been updated.
7. No wow factor.
8. DPC Latency still in 1000's
9. No UI Consistency
Improvements over Release Preview:
1. Non metro apps have bigger icons in tiles.
2. New wallpapers
3. Nvidia Drivers latest up to Series 600 installed by default.
I may have missed lots of other things, but this is my 15 min of usage.
So my verdict:
Total and utter sh** to come out of Redmond after Vista.
Been kinda a MS fanboy but this time there is no hint of polish anywhere.
Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:34
Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:35
Have you tried RP? If yes, then is it as if you're just using that same build?
Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:39
Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:51